• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

deadlifts

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

hi, i was wonderin, i do sldl in mi left training does that mean i shouldnt do deadlifts wid my back training?? i realli feel them on mi hamstrings so i want too keep doin them on mi leg training, is that enough ??

thanx

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd alternate between the 2 - depending on your training style doing deads every session may be too much - alternate between SLDL, sumos and regulars within the same session.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
do SLDL on leg day and Sumos on back day... but give a few days in between for recovery.

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

fanx everyone i will giv it a goo

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stop doing SLDL's and start doing heavy deadlifts on back days

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Perhaps you could make two different dominant days? Romanian deadlifts are predominantly a lower body exercise, depending on the angle of the torso. It primarily will work limbs (hams, glutes calves and quads), your lumbar (core) as well as the lower back, whether it be direct or indirect.

Just an idea, you could somewhat change up your entire leg day format. Making a squat dominant day and a deadlift dominant day. So for example, one day, let's say deadlift dominant, would consist of deadlifts, front squats, extensions, leg curls and any other accessory component to your leg day.

For your squat dominant day, you would do the formal back squats, as well as SLDL's and trap-bar deads (hexagon bar). This should work more of the hams, glutes and hips. Where as the deadlift dominant day would be more of a focus on the upper, quad, portion of the legs.

Deadlifts are essential to complete back developement, but maybe you good give that a try. Just a thought if you need a something new.

afgan-ali

afgan-ali

Perhaps you could make two different dominant days? Romanian deadlifts are predominantly a lower body exercise, depending on the angle of the torso. It primarily will work limbs (hams, glutes calves and quads), your lumbar (core) as well as the lower back, whether it be direct or indirect.

Just an idea, you could somewhat change up your entire leg day format. Making a squat dominant day and a deadlift dominant day. So for example, one day, let's say deadlift dominant, would consist of deadlifts, front squats, extensions, leg curls and any other accessory component to your leg day.

For your squat dominant day, you would do the formal back squats, as well as SLDL's and trap-bar deads (hexagon bar). This should work more of the hams, glutes and hips. Where as the deadlift dominant day would be more of a focus on the upper, quad, portion of the legs.

Deadlifts are essential to complete back developement, but maybe you good give that a try. Just a thought if you need a something new.

yeah sounds like a good idea, i mite giv it a goo its just that i only recentli started training legs soo i want too squat n deadlift too catch them up, but ill still try too add those suggestions in to mi workout =]