• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

beginner

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What supplements should I take for a someone just trying to get bigger but not trying to be a bodybuilder. I already take protein and take creatin. I was wondering if there was anything else that was important to take that would improve my look.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
getting big depends on your calloric intake. eat a shitload and lift heavy.

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Yes eating alot and clean and lifting like a beast in the gym is the best way you could also add fish oil and a good multi to your supps best of luck bro:xyxthumbs:

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could add some whey protein post workout. Thats enough for now after that you could always add some creatine

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How old are you?

Supplements aren't what make you big, your diet and nutritional layout is the template for muscle hypertrophy. At the beginning stages you need very little, as gains are due to neurological adaptions rather than muscular overload.

So, what you need is simplistic; whey protein, creatine and a multi-vitamin. Anything else can be added, but imo isn't necessary right now.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know how to get big...my friends do the whole bodybuilding thing....I know how to eat and what to eat just asking for the supplements.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be honest, if you knew how to get "big" you wouldn't need to ask for proper supplementation. Although it's not nowhere near the largest principle, it's a factor that needs to be recognized to get "big".

Just my two cents, most supplements if done correct research on them aren't what they seem. Research, read then come here with questions on specific supplements.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I know how to get big...my friends do the whole bodybuilding thing....I know how to eat and what to eat just asking for the supplements.

you dont NEED supplements to get big... whey protein just helps with caloric intake, and creatine helps with intensity in the gym.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't take any supplements anymore actually... I thought waste of money when other cheaper ways are more effective

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Taking a fast digesting protein like whey post workout is ideal for the quick needing of protein. You can take casein protein before you go to bed to get the slower digesting releasing of protein while you sleep, and with the other meals, just eat whole foods. Supplements can aid in your muscle building career and maybe benefit you a lot, but nothing can beat the caloric and nutritional prizes of whole foods. If I were you, I would just stick to a few shakes a day for the protein shakes aren't replacements of what you should have. Whole foods on top with shakes is ideal, but never replace a meal with just a protein shake. If you're running low on time, you can buy a weight gainer which has carbs and protein which is technically like a meal. Also, you want to aim for about 6-7 meals a day with a sufficient amount of fats, protein and carbs in each to prevent the muscles for starving themselves. In addition, sleep, which seems to be very underrated, is extremely important; sleep about 8-10 hours a night. Definitely drink about 1-2L of water a day to clense out the system and take your vitamin pills as well. And that's basically it. It's kind of hard to build muscle while not considereing yourself a bodybuilder. And if you knew how to get big then you really wouldn't need supplements all that much. Yes, supplements help to enhance your lifting, but it should never subsitute the important whole foods. If you need anymore questions or want further evaluation, then just ask me. And Skeptic, whey protein doesn't help with your caloric intake, only the protein portion. Whey doesn't have a lot of caloric support for a caloric diet consists of carbs protein and fats. Whey will only help to satisfy your protein need and not so much the other two nutrients. But anyways, yeah, pm if you have any more questions.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
J

jolly roger

Taking a fast digesting protein like whey post workout is ideal for the quick needing of protein. You can take casein protein before you go to bed to get the slower digesting releasing of protein while you sleep, and with the other meals, just eat whole foods. Supplements can aid in your muscle building career and maybe benefit you a lot, but nothing can beat the caloric and nutritional prizes of whole foods. If I were you, I would just stick to a few shakes a day for the protein shakes aren't replacements of what you should have. Whole foods on top with shakes is ideal, but never replace a meal with just a protein shake. If you're running low on time, you can buy a weight gainer which has carbs and protein which is technically like a meal. Also, you want to aim for about 6-7 meals a day with a sufficient amount of fats, protein and carbs in each to prevent the muscles for starving themselves. In addition, sleep, which seems to be very underrated, is extremely important; sleep about 8-10 hours a night. Definitely drink about 1-2L of water a day to clense out the system and take your vitamin pills as well. And that's basically it. It's kind of hard to build muscle while not considereing yourself a bodybuilder. And if you knew how to get big then you really wouldn't need supplements all that much. Yes, supplements help to enhance your lifting, but it should never subsitute the important whole foods. If you need anymore questions or want further evaluation, then just ask me. And Skeptic, whey protein doesn't help with your caloric intake, only the protein portion. Whey doesn't have a lot of caloric support for a caloric diet consists of carbs protein and fats. Whey will only help to satisfy your protein need and not so much the other two nutrients. But anyways, yeah, pm if you have any more questions.

Ummmm....ditto.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jolly, why'd you bump this thread? I could see if you were posting in reply to his needing, but your reply doesn't make sense, please elaborate!