• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How to: Deadlift & Squat.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I need some serious instructions on how to perform Squats properly, because every time I do them the only thing that hurts the next day are my glutes. My quads never hurt, no matter how much I demolish them. It`s weird, maybe I stick my ass too much when squatting ?

And as for Deadlifts, I`ve always wanted to do them, but because I`ve seen so many different forms, and so many people telling me that form is bad, this form is bad, etc etc I have no idea what is the correct form, or what forms are there.

Also, I would like to know when to introduce Deadlifts into my routine. Into my leg routine or into my back routine ? And when to do them ? At the start or at any other part of my routine ?

Much appreciated, with reps.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

deadlifts are best done early in your workout since they are a multi-joint lift which will recruit more muscle fibers, the same as squats
deadlifts are also best done in your back workout because thats the muscle that it targets the most, BUT it will still give you some residual leg training so it would be best advised to seperate your leg workout from your back workout with a couple days
also to target your quads more it would be easier to start incorporating front squats into your leg training. this is where you let the bar rest on your front delts
I'm not sure how you squat but going lower may help, if you are going parallel or not even down to parallel then you are not getting the full benefits of squatting. you should start going as low as possible when squatting which gives you the full range of motion and will target more muscles

Hope this helped

BiG RED

BiG RED

Deadlifts are a glute/hip dominant exercise. I'm not sure why people seem to think they "target" the back. Your erector spinae and other core muscles play more of a secondary and stabilization role in the exercise.

As for your glutes constantly sore and not your quads.

1. Soreness is not a the best indicator of growth or overload. DOMS is caused by microdamage caused to the muscle cell membrane, and if in excess, actually reduces protein synthesis.

2. Try holding the bar higher on your back, or, as lion pointed out, performing front squats.

Br

V

vdawg

i love front squats much more than on the back squats. feel it in my quads more

bigguypump

bigguypump

I need some serious instructions on how to perform Squats properly, because every time I do them the only thing that hurts the next day are my glutes. My quads never hurt, no matter how much I demolish them. It`s weird, maybe I stick my ass too much when squatting ?

And as for Deadlifts, I`ve always wanted to do them, but because I`ve seen so many different forms, and so many people telling me that form is bad, this form is bad, etc etc I have no idea what is the correct form, or what forms are there.

Also, I would like to know when to introduce Deadlifts into my routine. Into my leg routine or into my back routine ? And when to do them ? At the start or at any other part of my routine ?

Much appreciated, with reps.
it depends on how you will feel doing deadlift first or last,i found that doing just three sets
for 10,8,6 really got my lower back strong in no time, so you workout what your heaviest
set will be and devide it into three sets.and for squats have you tried doing the smith machine
for a while untill you get your form,do you alternate between squats, leg press, hacks squats
lunges maybe squating is not the main mass builder for you remember it is what works not
what someone you want to look like is doing, give this a try and see what happens, i want calf but i have notice that if i do calf were i do a set and rest for maybe two to five mins i get a really good blood engorged pump go figure

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I went REALLY low on my Squat, almost completely. But going completely down makes my knees hurt. I am demolished.

I did some deadlifts, my ass and hamstrings hurt, my erectors are fine.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I would say lighten up the load for a few warmup sets
and if that doesn't work then try doing a couple warmup sets of leg extensions to warm up your knees, use a lighter weight then you normally would since you aren't going to be any work sets these will just be to warm up your knees
if it still hurts your knees don't go down so far right now work your way down to rock bottom your knees will be able to get used to that tension and it won't hurt them anymore

B

big_duuude

Well deads work my spinal erectors just fine and lats to a certain extent as I intend them to, don't use my legs atall in deadlifting.

As for squatting if your going real deep you should be flexing your calves and hams/leg biceps in conjunction with the quads coming up from the bottom which will ease the pressure on the knees.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok, for squats make sure when you come up your bushing throw your heels not your toes, this will but more pressure on your quads. for deadlifts i would say do it off a rack than off the ground this will but more tenssion on your lower back than your legs. good luck bro :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff