• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

high reps low weight

X

Xeonen

Hi

i just did 72 reps of dumbell curls with 5kg db's, is this good or bad for my muscles cause my hands are like hanging in mid air and the pump is so enormous man, its difficult to keep my hand straight down or stop it from shaking

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Eh? (directed at the OP)

I wouldn't think it'd be that great a technique for hypertrophy.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on what you want. If your looking for muscle hypertrophy I would reccomand doing some lower reps if your looking for muscle endurance than your doing fine.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You'd simply be depleting muscle glycogen at a faster rate. Depending goals, like said above, the effects can be acute. In simple terms, you will only be improving endurance within the musculature, opposed to progressive overload.

It could also react as a way of anaerobic cardio for the muscle fibers. I wouldn't do this on a regular basis.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Hi

i just did 72 reps of dumbell curls with 5kg db's, is this good or bad for my muscles cause my hands are like hanging in mid air and the pump is so enormous man, its difficult to keep my hand straight down or stop it from shaking

5kg is too heavy to make this effective. make the curl movement to failure holding no weight and ur arms will grow! Aerobics style!

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol @ pickle. I would say there's a happy medium man. there is no need for you to do 70 reps with you dick-in-hand, and there's no reason for me to even do 15 reps. But hell, look at Toney Freeman:he does 25 rep sets for everything, and his arms aren't exatcly small,lol

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Look up the Century Program. 100 rep sets are teh ownag3.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You'd simply be depleting muscle glycogen at a faster rate. Depending goals, like said above, the effects can be acute. In simple terms, you will only be improving endurance within the musculature, opposed to progressive overload.

It could also react as a way of anaerobic cardio for the muscle fibers. I wouldn't do this on a regular basis.
I like you, keep posting. Repped.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff