• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The 20 Worst Foods in America

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I found this on Yahoo! the other day and wanted to share it. It's ridiculous how awful these foods are. :hhj:

In a world where convenience and taste often take precedence over nutritional value, it's important to be aware of the worst food choices available. From excessive sugar and sodium to unhealthy fats and chemical additives, there are many foods that can wreak havoc on your health and well-being. In this article, we'll take a closer look at the 20 worst foods in America and provide insights on why they should be avoided for a healthier diet.

1. Sugary Beverages: High-fructose corn syrup and other artificial sweeteners can lead to weight gain, diabetes, and other health issues.

2. Deep-Fried Foods: Whether it's deep-fried chicken or French fries, these foods are loaded with unhealthy trans fats and excessive calories.

3. Processed Meats: Hot dogs, sausages, and deli meats are often packed with sodium, nitrates, and saturated fats, contributing to heart disease and cancer risk.

4. Convenience Store Pastries: Loaded with sugar, unhealthy fats, and refined flours, these pastries offer little to no nutritional value.

5. Margarine: This butter substitute is high in trans fats, which can elevate bad cholesterol levels and increase the risk of heart disease.

6. Packaged Snack Cakes: These sweet treats contain high levels of sugar, unhealthy fats, and artificial additives, posing a risk to weight and overall health.

7. Instant Ramen Noodles: High in sodium and devoid of nutritional value, regular consumption of instant ramen noodles can lead to numerous health issues.

8. Processed Cheese: Laden with unhealthy fats, sodium, and artificial additives, processed cheese is best avoided for maintaining heart and overall health.

9. Commercially Fried Chicken: Whether from fast-food chains or grocery store delis, these items are often brimming with unhealthy fats, sodium, and calories.

10. Soda: Loaded with sugar and artificial additives, regular consumption of soda can contribute to obesity, diabetes, and other health concerns.

11. Microwave Popcorn: Packed with unhealthy trans fats and artificial flavorings, microwave popcorn can compromise heart health and overall well-being.

12. Frozen Pizza: Loaded with refined flours, saturated fats, and sodium, frozen pizzas are often a poor choice for maintaining a healthy diet.

13. Canned Soup: High in sodium and often containing preservatives, canned soups are not the best option for those looking to eat healthily.

14. Breakfast Cereals: Many breakfast cereals are packed with sugar, artificial additives, and refined flours, making them a poor choice for a nutritious start to the day.

15. Processed Peanut Butter: Some varieties contain added sugars and unhealthy fats, undermining the health benefits of this otherwise nutritious food.

16. Energy Drinks: Loaded with sugar, caffeine, and other stimulants, energy drinks can have negative effects on heart health and overall well-being.

17. Sugary Breakfast Bars: Often marketed as healthy options, these bars can contain high levels of sugar and unhealthy fats, offering little in the way of genuine nutrition.

18. Store-Bought Salad Dressings: Packed with unhealthy fats, artificial additives, and excessive sodium, many store-bought salad dressings detract from the health benefits of salads.

19. Artificially Sweetened Yogurts: While touted as low in sugar, many artificially sweetened yogurts contain unhealthy additives and offer little in the way of genuine nutrition.

20. Commercially Baked Goods: Donuts, pastries, and cookies from commercial bakeries are often high in sugar, unhealthy fats, and refined flours, making them an unwise dietary choice.

It is essential to avoid or limit these foods to maintain a healthy diet. Instead, focus on consuming whole, unprocessed foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats. By making conscious choices about the foods we consume, we can take significant steps toward improving our overall health and well-being.

Last edited by a moderator:
KCharger9

KCharger9

This sucks i love eating chiptles steak burrito for mass. I still feel its good for a post workout meal when gaining. I love outbacks cheese fries. Right befor i openedthe worst food in america i called it cause i know those fries ae horrible for you but there so damn good.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This sucks i love eating chiptles steak burrito for mass. I still feel its good for a post workout meal when gaining. I love outbacks cheese fries. Right befor i openedthe worst food in america i called it cause i know those fries ae horrible for you but there so damn good.

It's not bad if you can handle the carbs. There's just a bit too many cals. in it though.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
those are insanely disgusting... how the fuck does ANYONE eat thats hit??????!?!?!??!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends on what your cals are made up of.

not so much. a caloric deprivation will result in weight loss and a caloric surplus will result in weight gain. period. carbs have a bad rap because they spike insulin and are the most readily converted to fat. ironslave went over this in another thread.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This one is great for bulking

Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing
2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

This weapon of mass construction is the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It depends on what your cals are made up of.

No, it does not.

I will post this as many times as necessary.

Is a calorie a calorie?
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 79, No. 5, 899S-906S, May 2004

Key sentence:

On the basis of a meta-analysis, it was concluded that the thermic effect of food increases {approx}7 kcal/1000 kcal of ingested food for each increase of 10 percentage points in the percentage of energy from protein. Thus, if a subject is instructed to consume a 1500-kcal/d energy-restricted diet with 35% of energy from protein, then the thermic effect of food will be 21 kcal/d higher than if protein contributes only 15% of the dietary energy.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I do not care what it says about Chipotle's chicken burrito, I still will eat them all the time. IMO it's great for bulking...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good post. I think this is the first time I've seen it. I learn something new everyday. :hsughr:

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty interesting read Pablito, i eat some of that crap and i really need a change.

KCharger9

KCharger9

I agree with braaq on this chipotle burritos. great for bulking.

<3Frosty

I do not care what it says about Chipotle's chicken burrito, I still will eat them all the time. IMO it's great for bulking...

Great for getting fat and leading to a heart attack you mean. That is OVER 2 grams of sodium in that meal alone. :hhj: