• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutler says:"Dennis is a threat"

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys for all the support but as far as the hype on Dennis, I feel he is a threat, and a serious one...but you guys forget something. I been doing the Mr O since 99, I been 2nd 4 times and won twice... there was hype on Kevin in 01, in 02 we saw Gunter, in 03 it was a 3 man show with Ronnie, myself and Gunter, in 04 Dex was fighting for it after he beat me @ the GNC show in 03. In 2005, they said Badell was now the next one, and 06 Ronnie was coming for #9..then Vic wins the ASC in 07 and hes fighting for the crown in 07... I get messed up a bit @ that show and now my title means nothing to some. Its okay, I understand, but if anyone has followed my career they know I rarely come out of shape, 07 was a slip, but its not over yet... thats my thought... I am back in 08 to show why I have 2 Sandows and why I think I am the #1 guy in the world... lets keep the debates going, the show has to sell tickets!!!
Jay
From flexonline.com

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if dennis comes in like last year he should win it. period. the man has an outstanding structure and sports just as much mass as jay and vic with better aesthetics than both of them. the olympia will continue to be a joke as long as he is mr O.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if dennis comes in like last year he should win it. period. the man has an outstanding structure and sports just as much mass as jay and vic with better aesthetics than both of them. the olympia will continue to be a joke as long as he is mr O.

No, Dennis had some areas that he needed to work on and his glutes were soft. If he works on those areas and is a bit sharper I agree fully. :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No, Dennis had some areas that he needed to work on and his glutes were soft. If he works on those areas and is a bit sharper I agree fully. :xyxthumbs:

the only thing i think he really could show some improvement in size wise without sacrificing his shape is his lower back (along with maybe some more back thickness). but that also plays up his small waist so i dont know if this would really benefit him.

his condition last year was still superior to jays and if the show were judged fairly he should have been 2nd with victor being our mr O.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the only thing i think he really could show some improvement in size wise without sacrificing his shape is his lower back (along with maybe some more back thickness). but that also plays up his small waist so i dont know if this would really benefit him.

his condition last year was still superior to jays and if the show were judged fairly he should have been 2nd with victor being our mr O.

It shouldn't take away from his shape too much, as long as he does not go overboard with size gains. He also needs better calves.... His conditioning was better than Jay's, but will not beat out guys like Dex, Heath, or Vic (if he nails it) in conditioning with soft glutes and hams.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It shouldn't take away from his shape too much, as long as he does not go overboard with size gains. He also needs better calves.... His conditioning was better than Jay's, but will not beat out guys like Dex, Heath, or Vic (if he nails it) in conditioning with soft glutes and hams.

yes but his condition isn't that far off. and currently dex and heath really aren't even in his league imo. dexter just doesnt carry enough size and heath needs a couple more years to bring out a little more maturity and size in certain areas (namely chest), and those clavicles really hurt him standing next to a guy as wide as wolf. pretty much the only thing between him and the Mr O is his condition. and if he improves on last year even slighlty he should be victorious, unless victor manages to come in like he did last year, which is doubtful

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yes but his condition isn't that far off. and currently dex and heath really aren't even in his league imo. dexter just doesnt carry enough size and heath needs a couple more years to bring out a little more maturity and size in certain areas (namely chest), and those clavicles really hurt him standing next to a guy as wide as wolf. pretty much the only thing between him and the Mr O is his condition. and if he improves on last year even slighlty he should be victorious, unless victor manages to come in like he did last year, which is doubtful

Exactly :xyxthumbs:
It was far enough for him to get placed behind Jay, Vic, and Dex. What do you think will happen if he doesn't improve his conditioning as I stated before with an even better Phil Heath and then Kai Greene in the mix?
He still has a bit to go, he can do it. But this is of course the Wolf from last year.. so lets see what he brings. If it is the same package he may be moved down a placing or so.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
A Dennis Wolf with bigger calves, hamstrings and lower lats would make it really hard for Cutler.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A Dennis Wolf with bigger calves, hamstrings and lower lats would make it really hard for Cutler.

A genetically engineered Dennis Wolf. :D

Anyway I don't think it's surprising that Cutler says Wolf is a threat because all in the top 5 or 6 are potential threats. If Cutler comes in shape and Vic does the same then Dennis will only go as high as 3rd.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyway I don't think it's surprising that Cutler says Wolf is a threat because all in the top 5 or 6 are potential threats. If Cutler comes in shape and Vic does the same then Dennis will only go as high as 3rd.

Second that, Atm Vic is his biggest thread.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I still feel that Victor is the number one contender for the title even with his injury..somehow i dont think its going to be big issue in late september..

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

i PERSONALLY think wolf needs to work on his tri's and bi's... i didnt lik ehis arms at last years O

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Second that, Atm Vic is his biggest thread.
He is probably the biggest THREAT as well......j/k :xyxthumbs:

Anyone from last years Olympia can be a threat when you think how Jay come from 2nd last in his first ever O to break top 3 I think and Ronnie did similar things as well when he broke through.

But I really like Wolf he has potential for a great package.....even with out being genetically altered...;)

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He is probably the biggest THREAT as well......j/k :xyxthumbs:

Here are last years Olympia threads. :keke:

Rayon_Embroidery_Thread-1.jpg

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i PERSONALLY think wolf needs to work on his tri's and bi's... i didnt lik ehis arms at last years O

:uhoh2: um....his arms are not a weakpoint.....at all. should his delts come up too? maybe he should bring his waist in some? :jerkoff1:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:uhoh2: um....his arms are not a weakpoint.....at all. should his delts come up too? maybe he should bring his waist in some? :jerkoff1:

I dont think Wolfs arms matched his shoulders at last years Olympia.His arms are big but somewhat poor shape in them..
QW5Q1475_TPZQBUVWVV-1.jpg

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
THANK YOU Lionheart lol

i said it was my opinion, and i think he needs to bring up his arms.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Wolf need more Triceps yes..but its far from a weakpoint on him.
What Wolf needs is more overall thickness, meaning more hams/calves and thicker back..then he is golden with a good diet

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay wins the award for the most obvious statement ever: of course Dennis Wolf is a threat

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dennis is defiantly a threat, especially when he's going to have a full year to make improvements :ughnoes: