• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Full Body Routine... Simple Math

A

amtz

Hello everyone,

I have been interested in this "full body workout" hype. Doing the simple math it sounds logic, the fundament of this type of work-out... Instead of hitting 2 (split) different muscle group's with 4 exercises every session each week.... Why not do 2 sets for each muscle with 8-10 reps with more loads and more often such as "MTF"...

for example...

2 Sets for Shoulder
2 Sets for Bicep
2 Sets for Tricep
2-3 Sets for Chest
2-3 Sets for Back
2 Sets of Uppser Legs
2 Sets of Lower Legs

Of course not in this exact order moving from upper/lower. All this done in less than an hour if possible, 3 times a week? (NOT consecutive days) The only reason I chose 2-3 for back & chest was because this 2 being bigger muscle's.

Would like to see if I have the main idea correct for "full body routine".

Advice will be greatly apreciated :xyxthumbs:

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be honest with you, I would never advocate this. It's too simple. Split training not only allows for more emphasis on any 2 given bodyparts (large,small), but it adds variety to your workouts.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be honest with you, I would never advocate this. It's too simple. Split training not only allows for more emphasis on any 2 given bodyparts (large,small), but it adds variety to your workouts.

Simple>Complicated

Thats the problem most peopel over complicate their training and forget they have to train hard. You dont need fancy routines to get big.

FB is a great way to get stronger and build some muscles. Imo a FB routine like 5x5 could work for everyone as long as you commit to it. Give it a fair try and dont stop after 3 weeks. Go for 10 at least and see what you think.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Philo is right, a majority of the people today think that lifting hard and complicated is the only way to get bigger and stronger. You don't have to lift to failure and blow a gut inorder to produce hypertrophy, you just need to lift SMART and with the right weights. I personally love FB routines because I'm able to workout out the muscles three times a week versus the classic once a week with splits. So really, the main idea here is to just try new things and don't give up on them; bodybuilding isn't a sport where you'll see gains in a day, you need to be committed and stay committed inorder to be successful. Good Luck!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Do you have any studies to back up body part splits > fullbody? :e5dunno:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For my two cents, I think 2 exercises for every body part isn't necessary if proper exercises are chosen. Also, you should keep smaller, single-joint muscles to a lower set count. So biceps I'd put at 1 set, not 2. Same with calves, lower it to 2.

Exercise selection should be basic, with a logical rep scheme that include both types of hypertrophy.

Looks good, and yes I agree, generally simple > complicated. Complications just adds catabolic stress lol.

A

amtz

Thanx guys after all I only pay a fair prize for my gym membership its not like I'm going to pay more for using more weights & machines =P

CHEERS!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Philo is right and to be honest on some muscles you needn't do more than 1 exercise - arms for example - given the compound lifts you'll be doing for your FB routine your arms will be hit plenty well with all the pulling/pushing moves for the larger muscle groups. And given all the secondary muscles that come into play doing compound lifts you'll find you probably don't need to do more than 1 or 2 exercises for groups like chest and shoulders especially given the extra fequency you'll be doing.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh no guys, I hope it didn't sound like I was saying split is greater. I was implicating that it was better for me. I don't normally look for scientific backup, because the truth of it is, whatever works for you is what is the best. Good luck with this programzors.