• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Getting back into it

T

TehLegend

After suffering from a RC injury (RC tendinitis) and a pulled groin, I'm getting back into lifting. Heavy compound lifts with a lot of box squatting will be my main program.

But now I need some supplements to accompany the work out plan (And food, obviously).

I was thinking of picking up ZMA, Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, NOW Carbo Gain (For malodextrin), NOW Dextrose, and possibly BSN CellMass.

So what do you guys think about this? The NOW supplements will be used with the whey protein primarily for post workout nutrition.

Also, I'm not sure if I should get the BSN CellMass. Is it really all that great compared to any other creatine I might pick up? I still have a shit load of Higher Power Nutrition CEE left from back when I used to lift, so if creatine is creatine then I have no need to pick up the CellMass.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
creatine is creatine IMO....creatine monohydrate is cheap cheap cheap and still the best kind.

ZMA is a great choice for added rest/recovery. get some crazy dreams off that shit to :D

the rest of your supps are basic and needed. Looks like you got the right idea..I would add a Multi-Vit/Mineral

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Best of luck bro you would be good with the plain old creatine:xyxthumbs:

T

TehLegend

Do you guys think I should switch to creatine monohydrate then? I've just been using CEE because of the rumors of better absorption and less bloating, but maybe that proved to be horseshit since I last researched the topic? And if you guys think I should switch to monohydrate, anything you guys want to recommend?

Also multivitamin: I don't really want to pick up AnimalPak because it seems like a really excessive amount of vitamins and it's fairly pricey per serving. (~$1.10) Any recommendations for a multivitamin?

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you guys think I should switch to creatine monohydrate then? I've just been using CEE because of the rumors of better absorption and less bloating, but maybe that proved to be horseshit since I last researched the topic? And if you guys think I should switch to monohydrate, anything you guys want to recommend?

Also multivitamin: I don't really want to pick up AnimalPak because it seems like a really excessive amount of vitamins and it's fairly pricey per serving. (~$1.10) Any recommendations for a multivitamin?

Adam From the company named now they are great Multi-V

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive always heard about zma dreams.Is thhis true or are guys just saying it like they've had it.

T

TehLegend

I've heard about ZMA dreams too. I'm excited to check it out. Comments on the CEE?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive always heard about zma dreams.Is thhis true or are guys just saying it like they've had it.

lol...worked well for me. Deep sleep for sure. I love it...melatonin works well to

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have CEE use it up...when you buy more i'd just buy monohydrate save the money. I use 100% pure german grade creatine from prosource.

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Yeah use up the CEE then you can go with mono good luck:xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have CEE use it up...when you buy more i'd just buy monohydrate save the money. I use 100% pure german grade creatine from prosource.

Second that, Ive never noticed any difference between CEE and regular mono. Never used ZMA before but I would like to try it. Ive always had trouvbles sleeping so this might help me a bit the get some extra rest at night.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i buy my creatine at costco, 17$ for 1000 grams.

supplements are..... supplements. Whole food is what makes the physique