• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

KM's Training/Nutrition Log

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi all. I'm fairly new to this site, very little know me. I'm creating a log, to keep track of my daily nutrition and training. Now I'll tell a little about myself, some things may surprise you.

I'm 5'7", 143 lbs. Beginning bulk: 123 lbs. Current BF %: 8.5

I'm 15, been training for a year +. As a starter, I'm competing in my first show on June 28th; OCB Central Eastern Seaboard States. I am continuing my bulk until mid-may, as my body fat accumulation has been low due to keeping the bulk cleaner. Nutrition is my number one priority, so you will soon see that my meal log is what will be posted here, more often then the training.

Unlike most teens, I'm not into supplementation. I take what I need to take, nothing more. At this moment I am taking ON whey protein and Nutraplanet Leucine. I use the following as a nutritional aid, and to further help in protein synthesis and muscular hypertrophy.

So, let's get started.

My current split is a bit on the rather basic side, which IMO is the easiest way for my body to adapt to a certain stimuli. It's 5 day, with an undulating rep range of. I've begun to work to full strrength, instead of following my rep ranges. I do this to continue the procedure of progressive overload, and try the best I can to focus on the sacroplasmic and myofibrillar of the muscle cells.

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Arms
Day 6: Legs

I had just come off of an UB/LB split, which focused on the types of hypertrophy, and needless to say, it resulted in CNS drain. So that needed to be ended with some strategic deconditioning.

...Now, my diet.

I'm bulking. I don't use the standard formulas to develop my macro nutrient breakdown. I've edited my nutrition to how my body responds. I'm an ectomorprh, hardcore hardgainer. I keep my protein at around 1.5-2g/lb of bodyweight. My carbs at 350-400g and my fats at 80-110g. Nutritional timing is just as important to me, so that's not a problem. Nutrition is my passion, or is turning out to be.

NOTE: I'm in contest preparation. So updating my log won't be as continuous as yours may be.

Thanks for reading. Today's an off day for training, so I'll begin this journey with today's meal log.

Have a good one.

:xyxthumbs:

Kevin

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Looking forward to this one :xyxthumbs:, you really know your stuff and for your age you will only learn more and get better. Sounds like you are doing everything the right way, if you can post some pics of yourself.

Good luck on your contest prep broskie :2:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ya I second what Braaq said...welcome aboard man! Keep us posted

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cool, glad to have a nice welcome. I'd post pictures, but I'm not comfortable yet, being I'm very new to this board. As I further associate myself here, I'll be posting for sure. Thanks for being interested.

Going to be a crazy drive.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today's meal plan.

Generally, I keep track of my macro nutrients previously. However, I was paying too much attention to the counts rather than eating like I should, and eating large. Here is today. I have some junk, but it's necessary for me to grow.

Today was an off day from training so no particular pre and post workout meal, making the meal emphasis a tad bit more drastic on each meal.

Here it is.

Meal count: 7
Water Intake: 1.5 Gallons

Meal 1:
4 Egg Whites
2 Whole Eggs
1 slice Ham
1 cup OJ

Meal 2:
Met-Rx Protein Bar:
35g Protein
50g Carbs
5g Fat
310 Cal

Meal 3:
10 oz Hamburger 85% lean
2.5 Whole wheat Rolls
1 cup Milk

Meal 4:
1 jumbo can Tuna (37-40g Protein)
4 slices Whole wheat
1 high carb/protein Yogurt

Meal 5:
Whole wheat homemade Pasta
9 oz. Roast Beef
Sausage w/ Tomato
2 cups Milk

Meal 6:

Weight Gainer (Cytogainer)
60g Protein
80g Carbs
9g Fat
400 Calories
1 cup Oats

Meal 7:
1.5 cups Cottage Cheese
3 tablespoons Peanut butter
4 Walnuts
1 cup Milk

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats some diet man, plus the days of your session are impressive
keep up the hard work.!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great looking diet dude!! you have any idea on total calories?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great looking diet dude!! you have any idea on total calories?

Thanks.

Well, when I counted strictly, which was about a month ago, I had anywhere from 2900-3300 calories. Now it's anywhere between 3400-3800. Some days even 4000.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice man! clean bulk i see!! keep it up dude and train hard!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to see a new log and a very well thought out one at that!

Looking forward to seeing a session in here!

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice to see new log in here.. All I got to say is that you know lots of stuff for your age!!

Why not adding pics :D There is no pedobear in here :D

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey all, haven't been on too much.

I'm 3.5 weeks out, around 28 days. At the conclusion of my bulk, I last weighed in at 142 lbs. Needless to say it should have been better if I had not screwed up in the beginning. I have been cutting for 2ish weeks and am down to 136 lbs. Yep, a little too low. Mostly water. I'm shredded now, just need to bring it to the next level. I'm performing cardio (moderate intensity, 30-45 minute duration) 3x a week, or 4. HIIT is more beneficial, but I'm too ectomorphic for that type of AG/PC system running. Not sure of what I'm doing about sodium re-feed/depletion, but I will be cutting sweaters (aspartame, HFCS, etc) and shakes/bars at 2 weeks out.

:)

Kevin

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey all,

Been gone from here for a while but plan to be back. Had my show, did real well and had an awesome time. Before starting this would like to get myself situated around the forum and then hopefully will post pics!

See ya guys. I'll throw a pic up in my avatar for ya.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome man!, glad to hear you did well and had a good time :).
and that Avi pic is hella good bro, that back is thick and impressive bicep peak, that BDBs pose is a killer!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Nice condition you had there mate. Glad to hear your show went well.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey man, have'nt seen your log until now. it's a good log, you should keep us updated. keep training hard buddy, i'll stop by often and check out your sessions.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks all for the support! Yep, ironheart, I haven't been on here in a couple months that's probably why you haven't seen it lol. The show was great, competing is the best thing ever for real.

I'll throw up a log of thsi past week.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just getting this to be seen.

I'll be updating on a daily basis starting next Monday. I'm on vacation and bodybuilding isn't much on my mind right now, just eating as much as possible. Taking a week off this week working as a deload.

Anyway, hope I'll have a lot of followers and see you all in 2 weeks!

Thanks!

Kev

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Looking forward to seeing some sessions up here mate. I've been enjoying your informative posts around the Mecca. I got quite a shock when I realised you were only 15.