• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Anabolic Diet

DINO

DINO

I have been reading about this diet and some guys have made unreal gains over 3-6 month period. I think I'll give it a shot this winter.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

I have been on this diet for a few months now and I love it, I have plenty of energy and have gained some great lean mass while keeping a tight stomach. Also without all the carbohydrates I do not hold much water either.
I changed the diet a bit and lowered the saturated fat and replaced lots of the red meat with natural peanut butter with flaxseed oil, and eggs because of the obvious health problems that can arise from too much saturated fat. I also take fish oil to help keep my bad cholesterol in check since I am consuming at least a dozen eggs a day. :tiphat:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude thats awesome thanks alot

KCharger9

KCharger9

BRaaq can you write out what you eat and everything. IM a little confused by this diet cause the websites arent helping me much. If you could it would be alotta help. Thanks

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BRaaq can you write out what you eat and everything. IM a little confused by this diet cause the websites arent helping me much. If you could it would be alotta help. Thanks
i was lost also, did you download it?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just realized i wont be able to start this diet until i move because when i buy my food that should last me 2 weeks its gone in 3 days my fat ass family always have to have my food but they bitch when i eat theirs haha

KCharger9

KCharger9

No dude im confused thats why i want braaq to post his meals and stuff and then i can alter it to my weight.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
i just realized i wont be able to start this diet until i move because when i buy my food that should last me 2 weeks its gone in 3 days my fat ass family always have to have my food but they bitch when i eat theirs haha

:bowroflarms:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No dude im confused thats why i want braaq to post his meals and stuff and then i can alter it to my weight.

I have not really made a set out meal plan because of my schedule, but I try:

6 whole eggs, with a few tspns of natural peanut butter
Then throughout the day, I will eat steak, ground sirloin, pork chops, chicken breasts or thighs, accordingly every few hours or when I get the chance. You never get full, but stop at the moment of satiety and you will be good. Also at night I will eat 6 eggs again. And towards my workout I eat some natural peanut butter with flaxseed oil as well. Sorry it is not organized but it is hard to do because of school, work, etc :tiphat:
Also try to intake veggies with those meals, and supplement with Fish oil since you will be taking in a lot of fats and cholesterol.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow man that diet looks very unhealthy to be doing 24/7. i could see it leading up to a competition to get dry and lean. but a dozen eggs a day? that is an unbelievable amount of cholesterol there, not to mention that incredibly high amount of fats your body is processing. idk man be careful, carbs aren't evil you know.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow man that diet looks very unhealthy to be doing 24/7. i could see it leading up to a competition to get dry and lean. but a dozen eggs a day? that is an unbelievable amount of cholesterol there, not to mention that incredibly high amount of fats your body is processing. idk man be careful, carbs aren't evil you know.

I have explained this to you several times :no:

go here so that I do not have to do it again...

Please do not insult this thread again with your epic lack of nutritional knowledge :duh:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Hmm... might read up on this and see if I can convince the missus to join me.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have explained this to you several times :no:

go here so that I do not have to do it again...

Please do not insult this thread again with your epic lack of nutritional knowledge :duh:

listen i only said that because you're my friend and i would hate to see something bad happen to you health wise. no, you have NOT explained to me how eating 12 eggs a day on top of what i'm guessing to be 300 grams of fat a day is even remotely health conscious. i totally see it's benefits for fat loss, but year round?

i love how you always insult my understanding of rather basic things. i never claimed to know more than you i just want you to be careful. your complete confidence in your infallibility on subjects such as this will one day rear it's ugly head.

excerpt from that website on 10 benefits of the diet:

4. Better Health. The Anabolic Diet includes a high consumption of meat, fats, veggies & fruit. Some health benefits include:

Decreased cholesterol & triglyceride levels
Decreased plaque buildup in arteries
Controlled insulin levels
Less food allergies, less acne
Perform a blood test before starting this diet. You’ll see the difference.

i'm not just going to take this websites word for it, i would like some science to back up what is to me a rather outlandish claim.

but if your going to get all pissy and insulting in your response don't bother i'll just see my way out of this thread.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Do you two need to cuddle this one out? :carduforvip

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
listen i only said that because you're my friend and i would hate to see something bad happen to you health wise. no, you have NOT explained to me how eating 12 eggs a day on top of what i'm guessing to be 300 grams of fat a day is even remotely health conscious. i totally see it's benefits for fat loss, but year round?

i love how you always insult my understanding of rather basic things. i never claimed to know more than you i just want you to be careful. your complete confidence in your infallibility on subjects such as this will one day rear it's ugly head.

excerpt from that website on 10 benefits of the diet:

4. Better Health. The Anabolic Diet includes a high consumption of meat, fats, veggies & fruit. Some health benefits include:

Decreased cholesterol & triglyceride levels
Decreased plaque buildup in arteries
Controlled insulin levels
Less food allergies, less acne
Perform a blood test before starting this diet. You’ll see the difference.

i'm not just going to take this websites word for it, i would like some science to back up what is to me a rather outlandish claim.

but if your going to get all pissy and insulting in your response don't bother i'll just see my way out of this thread.

The science is explained in laymen terms on the website, and just because you do not understand something does not mean it is not true. Whenever you disagree or argue with me your argument is always based on your "common knowledge" or because you do not understand it. That is not going to get you in "A" in class buddy nor will it win you a debate.
I HAVE explained this diet to you several times, and like I said before cholesterol is not a bad thing.

Let me explain it out for you so you do not confuse anyone else on this thread:

Most of the cholesterol in the body is synthesized by the body and some has dietary origin. It plays a central role in many biochemical processes, such as the composition of cell membranes and the synthesis of steroid hormones. (i.e. testosterone in the Leydig cells of your testes) Cholesterol is required to build and maintain cell membranes; it regulates membrane fluidity over a wide range of temperatures. A higher intake from food leads to a net decrease in endogenous production, while lower intake from food has the opposite effect.
Cholesterol is transported towards peripheral tissues by the lipoproteins chylomicrons, very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) and low-density lipoproteins (LDL). These are the "bad" cholesterol while high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particles transport cholesterol back to the liver for excretion. Having large numbers of large HDL particles correlates with better health outcomes, and hence it is commonly called "good cholesterol".

Recap on facts on Fats and Cholesterol:

Fats:

- They make up at least 50 percent of our cell membranes, providing essential rigidity and strength
- They enhance the immune system
- They help incorporate calcium into our bones
- Some of them have antimicrobial properties that protect us against harmful microorganisms in our digestive tracts

Recap on cholesterol from above:

- It contributes to cell membrane rigidity and strength, just as saturated fats do
- It is used to make hormones that help us deal with stress, as well to make sex hormones
- It is converted to vitamin D, essential for proper growth, healthy bones, a healthy nervous system, muscle tone, and proper immune system function
- It is used to make bile, needed for digestion of fat in our foods
- It acts as an antioxidant, actually protecting us against cellular damage that leads to heart disease and cancer
- It helps maintain a healthy intestinal lining, offering protection against autoimmune illnesses

I consume fish oil supplements as it is high in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3 Fatty acids have shown to improve your blood cholesterol profile by boosting your HDL cholesterol (the Good cholesterol). This will help shuttle the "bad cholesterol" back to the liver and lower your risk of related health side effects you speak of.

Lets do an overview on eggs:
Cholesterol in Eggs. The reason eggs have a bad reputation is that they contain high amounts of cholesterol. One large egg has:
- 200mg cholesterol
- 5g of fat (2g is saturated fat)

If you’ve been removing the yolk from your eggs. The yolk contains all the fat, all the vitamins (A,D,E) & half the protein.

Just a reminder. You need all kinds of fat, not just saturated, unsaturated, etc:
- Omega 3: fish oil, flax seed
- Omega 6: red meat, buter, cheese,…
- Omega 9: olive oil

Don’t concentrate on omega 3s only. Balance your fat intake.

I appreciate the concern, but do not get on here and bash a diet or anything in particular unless you KNOW what your talking about rather than how you feel from common knowledge or from not understanding it. :tiphat: