• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cutler's right leg

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you guys think? Check out the video and listen to what Cutler says about his leg. He doesn't say which leg though...plus his symmetry seemed better earlier in his career.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think the asymmetry is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I see that the vastus lateralis on the right is not as big but I dont see a crazy difference:dunnodude:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont think the asymmetry is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I see that the vastus lateralis on the right is not as big but I dont see a crazy difference:dunnodude:

I have the same opinion as you. Maybe we are blind.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have the same opinion as you. Maybe we are blind.
No you are not. I agree that the difference ain't that big. There is a difference, but almost everyone has some kind of differences between their right and left side. Bigger difference is between his biceps than his legs (IMO).

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
2nc1ni1-1.jpg

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ jay looks good in that picture :xyxthumbs:

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You guys are missing the point of the thread- it's to discuss WHY he has the asymmetry. If you watched the video, you'd hear Cutler mention that he broke his kneecap in highschool.

Other options include just plain genetics, unequal distribution of weight during training, and nerve damage (though that could have been caused from his knee injury).

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to understand why this left leg vs right leg is soooo interesting that people have to bring it up over and over again.

D

d.capodiferro

Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to understand why this left leg vs right leg is soooo interesting that people have to bring it up over and over again.

because it's the only thing that could prevent him from winning the sandow.
he's dominant at the moment(with the permission ofdennis wolf)

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
because it's the only thing that could prevent him from winning the sandow.
he's dominant at the moment(with the permission ofdennis wolf)

It's been like that for ages and that's why I can't understand it's still so interesting to talk about.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's been like that for ages and that's why I can't understand it's still so interesting to talk about.

Because I didn't know he broke his kneecap before, which could have been a major cause.

Just wondering whether or not people think this was the reason for the asymmetry. :e5dunno:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is size difference but i would also say the bad legs lack that striated vastus lateralis the good leg has, which is as important or more than the size

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

In that picture you can clearly notice a size difference, not ONLY in the vastus lateralis but also in the vastus medialis. Why bring this up ? Because symmetry and proportions play an important role in bodybuilding, such a big assymetry must take away some points from Jay. Besides, as Deathmaggot said, the right leg is far more striated.

But it`s a good question to make, why did this happen ? Knee injury, genetics or improper training ? I`d love to see a Cutler with even legs.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In that picture you can clearly notice a size difference, not ONLY in the vastus lateralis but also in the vastus medialis. Why bring this up ? Because symmetry and proportions play an important role in bodybuilding, such a big assymetry must take away some points from Jay. Besides, as Deathmaggot said, the right leg is far more striated.

I know symmetry is a big part of bodybuilding but even Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates (to name a few) had assymmetry problems but it didn't seem to affect their placings very much.

What if Jay's right leg problem has nothing to due with nerve damage, an old injury but just genetics? I mean it is what it is and it's not gonna change anything. People have been guessing and discussing this the last 6 years and still haven't gotten any closer to an answer.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't think the leg difference is as bad as the bicep difference. the first thing my eyes are drawn to is that arm differential. i actually didn't even notice the legs until someone pointed it out to me. cool to know he played football when he was younger.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think it is related to his old school injury. Maybe he has one leg a little bit shorter than the other one. That's very common. But hey, if you train like this guys train and you have legs like trees, the size difference would be big and very noticeable.