• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

guitar songs/riffs

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'm sitting here at my computer trying to think of new songs to learn, and i'm drawing a blank. any suggestions on some real cool guitar riffs or songs? anything that sounds cool or has a distinguishable guitar part/riff in it? i'm not good enough to play real intricate solos so nobody suggest dragonforce through the fire and flames or something. i'm in the process of learing pachebels canon in D but i'm looking for something new.

but yeah, favorite songs or cool guitar suggestions por favor :tiphat:

:food-snacking:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Paganini - 5th caprice
vivaldi - 4 seasons (summer presto)
beethoven - fur elise (sounds cool when distorted)

Its not hard to play those "intricate" solos man. they are usually extremely simple... but sped up really fast. you just have to sit there and start playing them at a snails pace WITH A METRONOME and slowly speed it up.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
what exactly are you trying to accomplish? are you trying to get your lead skills up? your speed up? your technique up?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i've browsed that thread before. it is very informative. but i'm more just looking for some cool or impressive songs or riffs to learn on guitar.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what exactly are you trying to accomplish? are you trying to get your lead skills up? your speed up? your technique up?

i little bit of everything. i'm self taught and don't know much about the technical side of music. i just like to practice/play :hsughr:

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
War Pigs, Children Of The Grave, Iron Man, Country Girl, Jerusalem, and Born Again....all by Black Sabbath ;) take your pick there all great songs.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
get yourslef a few instructional videos of like Yngwie malmsteen, John Petrucci and heaps of other guitarists. if you dont take them all too seriously, and just take in little bits and pieces that you think will be useful they are really handy

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
War Pigs, Children Of The Grave, Iron Man, Country Girl, Jerusalem, and Born Again....all by Black Sabbath ;) take your pick there all great songs.

thank you i will look those up.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
get yourslef a few instructional videos of like Yngwie malmsteen, John Petrucci and heaps of other guitarists. if you dont take them all too seriously, and just take in little bits and pieces that you think will be useful they are really handy

thanks man. i take it your a pretty good at the old guitar?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i dont do vocals :keke: i havnt found anyone yet that suits what i want in a vocalist.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont do vocals :keke: i havnt found anyone yet that suits what i want in a vocalist.

what are you looking for like just a screamer? or like a corey taylor type? meaning someone actually being able to sing as well as they scream..

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
ever heard Deeds of Flesh? or Necrophagist? or Decapitated?.... some sort of combination of those. everyone these days is obsessed with screaming, i want the low gutteral growls.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ever heard Deeds of Flesh? or Necrophagist? or Decapitated?.... some sort of combination of those. everyone these days is obsessed with screaming, i want the low gutteral growls.

good good. i can't stand that crap. the yelling and mindlessness that is a lot of metal bands these days. you can't even hear what they're saying. that's a good sound your going for. i'll look up those bands to see more of what you're talking about.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
lol i dont really care if ic an understand the lyrics. vocals to me are just another instrument, not really a centrepoint like most people believe the are

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YYZ - Rush
Nativity In Black - Black Sabbath (Try the begining portion from the 'We Sold Our Souls For Rock And Roll' album)
Green Grass and High Tides - The Outlaws (CRAZYYY Solos)
Snow - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jordan - Buckethead (Buckethead is one of the best guitarists ever, so he has a lot of good songs, but Jordan is one of my faves. If you want to learn how to use a Killswitch, this is a perfect song to learn on)
Impulse - Endless Sporatic
Farewell Ballad - Zakk Wylde (one of the best songs that shows off a good technical skill)
Pure Evil - Iced Earth
Say It Ain't So - Weezer
Soup Is Good Food - Dead Kennedys
Black Magic Woman - Santana
45 - Shinedown
and you need an epic song, so either Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd or Dante's Inferno - Iced Earth
...I have tons more, but these are some of my favs that havn't already been mentioned. I tried to give a varried list

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also, if you have an acoustic with a good amp, Have A Cigar - Pink Floyd.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
YYZ - Rush
Nativity In Black - Black Sabbath (Try the begining portion from the 'We Sold Our Souls For Rock And Roll' album)
Green Grass and High Tides - The Outlaws (CRAZYYY Solos)
Snow - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jordan - Buckethead (Buckethead is one of the best guitarists ever, so he has a lot of good songs, but Jordan is one of my faves. If you want to learn how to use a Killswitch, this is a perfect song to learn on)
Impulse - Endless Sporatic
Farewell Ballad - Zakk Wylde (one of the best songs that shows off a good technical skill)
Pure Evil - Iced Earth
Say It Ain't So - Weezer
Soup Is Good Food - Dead Kennedys
Black Magic Woman - Santana
45 - Shinedown
and you need an epic song, so either Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd or Dante's Inferno - Iced Earth
...I have tons more, but these are some of my favs that havn't already been mentioned. I tried to give a varried list

wow thanks a lot bud. the only two i know how to play on there are snow and 45 by shinedown. i can sorta play say it aint so, but i always fuck up on the intro. any more suggestions would be great. thanks again