• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

HELP! infected with bad virus

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
omg...worst virus i have ever seen. My desktop wont even load now. it happned 2 days ago and its worse for some reason that i cant even load desktop now. I was able to earlier today and downloaded a bunch of spyware that did remove some. but there are 2-4 more files that it cant seem to get rid of. i tried working with AVG but that dosent install as it keeps giving me errors and aborts the installation.
Can anyone please help.
This computer isn't mine and have been using it for 2 months now. i downloaded a .exe file and it turned out to be a damn spyware.

:dunnodude::dunnodude::dunnodude:

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Log into safe mode from the boot screen and try to install AVG again. It might work. Last time I had a virus I had to reformat my computer...not a fun time.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats why you always should do whole backups :)

i do one at least once a month, in case your hard drives crashes or you have a virus, just format the drive and put the backup on :)

i use "acronis true image" which is one of the best tools to do backups and its sooo easy!!

but now since you dont have one, try starting in safe mode and install a antivirus scanner, but most of the time its too late if you have one... your system always will be screwed after one.. even if you can "fix" it...

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol it seems youre fucked up!!!

try spywaredoctor and adaware, they work for me.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AVG got rid of everything for me.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw the thread title and thought you were telling us you had AIDS.

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw the thread title and thought you were telling us you had AIDS.

this is WORSE than AIDS. I will try going on safe mode and installing AVG right now.

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
about formating the HD. I only have a few files that i can put into my external. But this isn't my comp and i dont have the CD the compters come with. So how the heck do i format it. I have my own Compaq CD but this is a acer laptop. last time i tried to use that for a freinds toshiba, the drivers werent the same ofcourse so i couldnt get into the internet. and sound wouldnt play. any ideas?

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
find the driver for that shit and never use soemone else comp again.

the owner must have the CD.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok the scanner is telling me this:
Trogan.Small.agv C:/WINDOWS/system32/WLCtrl32.dll
went to delete it manually but dosent want to delete. Also the scanner cant delete it.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
aidsinafricaki1-1.jpg

imraan47

imraan47

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ran SDFix and the file is gone
wont load up the desktop. it did when i was running the spywareterminator. but not again it doesn't
still trying to run scan's and slowly delete what it shows.
file that the terminator detects now are:
cftmon.exe
smileycentral : HKCU/software/funwebproducts/software