I often read comments that 1982 Mr Olympia was our worst Mr Olympia ever.
Have a look at some of his pics and let the debate begin.
A few comments first:
1) I was also surprised the first time I saw the result of the '82 O, but after watching the "video" (shows my age), I agree with the result. Second place winner, Frank Zane was off compaired to his 3 previous wins. Viator's legs weren't up to par. Beckles wasn't going to win it and Samir would only hit his peak the following year. Tom Platz was the favourite to win, but tore his bicep shortly before the comp. That left the door wide open for Dickerson to claim the victory.
2) His O win wasn't as controversial as the '72, '80, '81 and later '01, '07 etc. Olympias.
3) He had already won numerous other pro shows regularly beating the best in the sport at that time.
4) No bloated guts, one leg bigger than the other, torn bicep etc that we would see later. (although he had that elbow thing in '82.)
5) Other than his genetically "weak" biceps, one couldn't really find fault with his body. He had good shoulders, very good triceps, ripped abs, cut legs, massive calves and a very very good back. No major weaknesses.
6) He was one of the best posers ever.
7) He was second in '80 and '81 Olympia
I would like to hear your comments and NO, the fact that he was / is gay isn't or shouldn't be a reason why some guys don't like him.
Similar Bodybuilding Threads: