• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Chris Dickerson

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I often read comments that 1982 Mr Olympia was our worst Mr Olympia ever.

Have a look at some of his pics and let the debate begin.

A few comments first:

1) I was also surprised the first time I saw the result of the '82 O, but after watching the "video" (shows my age), I agree with the result. Second place winner, Frank Zane was off compaired to his 3 previous wins. Viator's legs weren't up to par. Beckles wasn't going to win it and Samir would only hit his peak the following year. Tom Platz was the favourite to win, but tore his bicep shortly before the comp. That left the door wide open for Dickerson to claim the victory.

2) His O win wasn't as controversial as the '72, '80, '81 and later '01, '07 etc. Olympias.

3) He had already won numerous other pro shows regularly beating the best in the sport at that time.

4) No bloated guts, one leg bigger than the other, torn bicep etc that we would see later. (although he had that elbow thing in '82.)

5) Other than his genetically "weak" biceps, one couldn't really find fault with his body. He had good shoulders, very good triceps, ripped abs, cut legs, massive calves and a very very good back. No major weaknesses.

6) He was one of the best posers ever.
http://www.bodybuilding-pics.com/video/xwyaJ6trE9o/Chris-Dickerson-Revolution.html

7) He was second in '80 and '81 Olympia

I would like to hear your comments and NO, the fact that he was / is gay isn't or shouldn't be a reason why some guys don't like him.

D

d.capodiferro

it would be interesting to see his opponents' pics and some comparison pic between them.
judging by those pics you can say nothing:good body but...who knows?!

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It looks like Dickerson deserved the win. It was pretty much between Zane and Dickerson.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I also think that Chris deserved it that year.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i can see why they would say he was the worst, not because the event was bad and controversial, or that he didnt deserve the win which he did.
but compared to all the other Mr Os he is the worst of the bunch.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dickerson is gay? I didn't knew that!

Back to topic: he was great in 82 if we forget how his elbows looked.

D

d.capodiferro

does anybody know why the great franco columbu didn't compete that year?
he would heve won if he came in shape since he was way bigger than anybody else

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No. It's unlikely that he would have come in the condition that Dickerson did. Columbu was at the end of his prime and even then Dickerson would have beaten him by a mile.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he was definitely a deserving winner and should not have his win be called controversial. In everything I have seen from the 82' Mr O I had him winning myself.

I didn't even know he is gay :e5dunno:, learn something new all the teim.
Great thread sexnews :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Look at that line up, I think it was a great Mr O. Lots of great competitors and they all looked great to me. But in those pics Dickerson stands out. I would not take anything away from him. Great poser as well.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i can see why they would say he was the worst, not because the event was bad and controversial, or that he didnt deserve the win which he did.
but compared to all the other Mr Os he is the worst of the bunch.

Ok I get your point. So what you are saying is that if the Olympia winners were to compete against each other, he would have lost. Fair enough, but I actyually did the thread to honor a Mr Olympia. Anyway, one can also say that Larry Scott would have lost against Oliva, Oliva against Arnold (he did), Zane would have lost against Bannout (he did), Haney would have lost against Ronnie etc.

I just got the feeling that people were saying that he wasn't even good enough to win in '82 and showed him some disrespect. Hell, even Cutler deserves some respect as Mr Olympia even though that is a very difficult thing to do.

Look at that line up, I think it was a great Mr O. Lots of great competitors and they all looked great to me. But in those pics Dickerson stands out. I would not take anything away from him. Great poser as well.

Sometimes I think you are the most objective member at the Mecca

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what the hell is wrong with his left bicep..loooks wierd. Poor little Padilla. That one pic almost looks like it smushed padilla in the ground compared to the others. Zane didn't look as good as Dickerson.

KCharger9

KCharger9

Centopani the one where it looks smushed in the ground is arnold. Its the 80' olympia.

I

iglooliver

Banned
dickerson looked like he had bottom boobs on the bottom of his chest in that video and tom platz nickname is cheeks