• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I hate leg day.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It`s the worse day of the week for me. I end up almost fainting, wanting to throw up and all around feeling bad all day.

What the fuck am I doing wrong ? Am I over doing it ? I just work as hard as with any other part in my body, but it seems that with legs something in my body dies. Probably my soul, because I really feel tired/dead after legs.

Any advice ?

(Also, some background on me. I had a knee injury, so I just recently started working legs. My upper body has 2 years of training ahead of my lower body. I blame the doctor for saying me to NEVER do any type of heavy exercise with legs)

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it sounds like your over training and under eating. u need a consistant caloric intake. the way u describe u feel comes from undereating and overtraining. Stimulate the legs dont obliterate.

3 sets 3 exercies for quads and 3 sets 2 or 3 exercises for hamstrings. that will get the job done.

Just my opinion bro but eat more one a consistant basis also. depending on your weight depends on how many meals u have and how much u eat at each meal.

God Bless

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

whats your leg day look like right now?
seeing that will really help
you might also want to try breaking apart your leg day into two seperate days
one with focus on the quads and the other on hams and glutes
you would have to seperate them 48-72 hours depending on how you recover

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
sounds like a regular leg day... i often feel like that after a hard leg day. Just keep your food up, your water up, and get enough sleep and it shouldnt be as severe.

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pussy:keke:

thats leg day, you have to love it.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your just a girly man is all..

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you you eat too close to your leg session?I use to have that problem ,but now i eat 2h before training them.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
with time u get used to it, excessive soreness, puking and almost fainting was a problem for me in the beginning. i remember my first 20 rep squats session, i puked up everything i had eaten that day and could barely walk for a week.

now i still do 20+ sets for quads and hams and i never almost faint anymore and i havent puked in months. im still sore for a couple days but nowhere near what i was.

ull get used to it, the legs are so large and strong, and they require u to push urself to the limit and past that pain threshold, and when u train them u drain blood from all of ur upper body. thats what makes it so challenging to train them, but as ull discover it also makes it alot of fun when u get it right and get growth in em.

u could divide quads and hams in separate sessions though, to shorten time in the gym and get home to eat. also as has been said, dont eat to close to a leg session, and dont eat too heavy food, thatll cause u trouble. go with a little whey protein and creatine half an hour before and eat a larger meal with complex carbohydrates 2-2,5 hours before.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i tend to disagree with most of the advice given so far, id recommend doing a full body, upper lower or push/pull program, that way your not doing excessive volume and your training legs with other muscles you might enjoy!

you don't need high volume for growth, if you can sqaut 140 kgs for 10 reps today, and in a years time sqaut 160 or 180 for the same 10 quality reps, you will be bigger............swamping the muscles with 20 sets will only cause deep fatigue and recovery will require enourmous amounts of food and drugs.....id really consider taking a minimalist approach to legs, decrease volume and up the frequency.....good luck!

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe its related to your breathing? you have to learn to breathe while doing it, i used to not to breathe while doing the push up, that made me sick

also you should try to eat 2 hours MINIMUN before it, even 3 hours prior if you do slow digestions

also try drinking small swallows of water, mind yourself that its a very demanding exercice which push your body to the limit, if you suddenly drink half a litter of cold water, the temperature change could make your stomach reject it

it also helps me to lay down in the floor between sets, its like it helps my blood flowing, i feel better

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe its related to your breathing? you have to learn to breathe while doing it, i used to not to breathe while doing the push up, that made me sick

also you should try to eat 2 hours MINIMUN before it, even 3 hours prior if you do slow digestions

also try drinking small swallows of water, mind yourself that its a very demanding exercice which push your body to the limit, if you suddenly drink half a litter of cold water, the temperature change could make your stomach reject it

it also helps me to lay down in the floor between sets, its like it helps my blood flowing, i feel better

Awesome advice! I used to have the same problem and then I started eating at least 2 hours before and I cut out my preworkout shake and it did wonders. Also, make sure you are taking your time inbetween sets, especially on squats. I usually just make sure I am well hydrated before I start and then drink minimal amounts of water during the workout. Digestion takes a lot of blood and if you are still digesting when you start legs, then the body will need to move that blood to the legs and it will make you feel like you wanna puke because evertime you squat, that food will want to up chuck!

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be honest I think you'll alweays find leg sessions harder by the inherant nature that they are comrised of such a large group of muscles - plus the main lifts (squats) use so many supporting muscles that it's almost an all over workout so it'll always be harder.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Sounds like all my leg days too, you need to remember that you're working the largest muscle group in your body and that your heart and lungs will be working that much harder to pump more oxygenated blood around your body. It takes its toll.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I look forward to leg day each week, once you get in the swing of things and increase in strength they are the most fun bodypart to train. They can lift the most, last the longest, get the best pump etc.
You have to learn to love the pain, fatigue, nausea, etc and then you will learn to love legs. If I could I would train legs everyday, you need that mindset.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I look forward to leg day each week, once you get in the swing of things and increase in strength they are the most fun bodypart to train. They can lift the most, last the longest, get the best pump etc.
You have to learn to love the pain, fatigue, nausea, etc and then you will learn to love legs. If I could I would train legs everyday, you need that mindset.

this is why your my training partner :2:

if you don't like training legs, simply change your tampon and keep going :xyxthumbs:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
how can somebody hate doin legs? its my favorite right next with shoulders :)

always squat 2 more no matter what, if you feel like you passing out dont worry thats normal for a real boys leg workout :)

i always grab one trash bin and put it right next to the rack, i almost throwed up serval times so better be prepared :49:

miami

qweasd1

qweasd1

just keep dance and stick it . stick it !!

C

CRAZY CJ 20

Many people find legs to be the most difficult because they set their mind to it being painful and terrible. Your mindset is something that will help you get through your leg workouts, and maybe even enjoy them. Many of my past training partners have found walking lunges to be torture, while I find it to be a fun workout because I get to take a nice stroll around the gym :xyxthumbs: make your workouts fun by looking at the positives and challenging yourself from the previous week.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha idk about you guys but i love that feeling after heavy ass squats then throwing up then hitting it again i love it!! but one reason why you feel like that IMO is that you dont rest enough during sets its not like any other muscle you have to actually reat between sets, training legs takes alot outta ya, especially squats.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hahaha for some reason, I also wait for leg day right now. It`s as if I have learned to enjoy the suffering leg day brings to my body.

Are we mentally sick or something ? xD

I also eat about 1 hour before every training. I have very high metabolism and I consume my foods to quickly. So after 2 hours of eating food I don`t have enough energy to do any body part training.

Anyhow, I still feel like shit, but I have a smile on my face when I do.