• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Waximaize

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think this stuff is legit. From what I understand, it is faster acting than dextrose or glucose yet it contains no sugar. It is the same thing that is used in Vitargo CGL, which I think is a great supplement. I think it is definately worth a go, but do expect to drop some bombs after you take it. This stuff gave me some crazy gas. It is also has a very chalky texture but its not bad once you get used to it.
This stuff is a little cheaper:
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/kwick-karb-waxy-maize-starch-value-size-3-3-lb.html

faiz

faiz

wms (waxy maize is great)

dave P even recommends it..

Its has 300 times higher absorption rate then dex

100times more then malto..

its absorbed super fast doesnt leave you bloated and in carb comma from dextorse. It gets in and out of your system pretty quick so u can eat within 1-1.5 hrs..

<3Frosty

I have heard that this doesnt mess with your digestive system nearly as much as dextrose for some people (i personally have never had a problem with Dex).

BTW, i personally suggest staying on dextrose/wms/maltodextrin on a cut or a bulk or a maintain stage. Causing an insulin response and filling muscle glycogen stores post workout is only beneficial. The AMOUNT may change a bit, but you should always be trying to do both of those things post workout.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BTW, i personally suggest staying on dextrose/wms/maltodextrin on a cut or a bulk or a maintain stage. Causing an insulin response and filling muscle glycogen stores post workout is only beneficial. The AMOUNT may change a bit, but you should always be trying to do both of those things post workout.

I agree with you on this one for sure.

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it bad to eat if the waximaize is still in your system?

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have heard that this doesnt mess with your digestive system nearly as much as dextrose for some people (i personally have never had a problem with Dex).

Good post. I will agree with you.

<3Frosty

Is it bad to eat if the waximaize is still in your system?

Most articles and professionals i have come across say to wait about an hour to and hour and a half after your post-workout shake to have a nice sized whole-food meal. This allows your body to adequately digest the food without you introducing new food items that might slow or hinder the digestive process.

This also allows you to intake that whole-food meal while your metabolism is still sky high and able to readily absorb the food your are about to eat.

Finally, because your goal post workout is to spike blood glucose levels, your body will release insulin to fight that and you will have a brief period of high energy. However, after about 30 minutes, your blood glucose levels will start to be pretty low, and most people will feel tired or lethargic. This is another reason for a whole food meal so soon, as you should focus on complex carbs that will give you sustained energy so you dont feel like falling asleep in the middle of the day (in my case).

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BUMP,

im intereted in hearing more information about WMS and peoples thoughs on it

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i can tell a big different between dextrose compared to WMS with the bloating,

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ its good stuff, but it would be better if BSN had more of it in their volumaize.
UNs Torrent has more of it, (least i believe so, and isnt a mix of dex/malto)

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UN Torrent in australia costs $100 for the large tub
i just got pure WMS afew kg for $30

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UN Torrent in australia costs $100 for the large tub
i just got pure WMS afew kg for $30

HOLY FARK!!!!
thats expensive ...
here its 57-60$ for the 6lb tub of torrent
damn 30$ is a pretty good deal :)
do you mix it with anything else?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive tried mixing it with scoop of whey with 1.5 scoops of WMS
but now ive been taking both on their own, WMS first then 10 minutes later i down the protein shake.

plain/pure WMS tastes like flour :keke:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ive tried mixing it with scoop of whey with 1.5 scoops of WMS
but now ive been taking both on their own, WMS first then 10 minutes later i down the protein shake.

plain/pure WMS tastes like flour :keke:

lol floourr mmm.
so its helping keep you energetic right?
sorry im bout to pass out n sleep

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im noticing a more of a muscle belly fullness with the Waxy maize and better recovery,
and aless bloat compared to dextrose