• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Victor (07' Mr. Olympia) vs. Phil (08' Ironman)

Who's Better?

• Total voters
Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Since the other thread compared Victor's best to Phil's first year. I just put these comparisons together, since these are both guys at their best.

I voted for Victor because of his size, width, combination of seperation and conditioing, but Phil is up there with the best of them. All he needs is more width and thickness. and watch out !!!

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd give the nod to Victor also, but once Phil brings up his back he's got it if he hits this type of conditioning again.

H

hook3

Phil for sure you ant to talk about separation phil takes it for sure. Granted Victor is larger but Phil hamstrings blow Vics out of the water. Personally i think he looks better in most of the shots except for the.... wait just checked again he takes them all

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn thats close. All I can really see vic having over phil is quad from the side and lat width. I would give vic the nod here but only by a hair and I really dont think anyone could argue a whole lot either way.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! Soooooo hard to decide :tear:

I can't vote :no:

B

Batmanx007

The only thing Vic has over Phil is lat thickness. Every pose Phil is more cut, vascular, striated, and almost as dense. Vic's back is thicker, and wider, but not near as dialed in. Phil's back is not as thick, but much more cut and chiseled

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am sure somebody will flame me for this but it is important to note how much better the lighting is at the ironman (phils pics). Phil even said so himself. Just look at the shadows under every cut on phil. Phil also said that he thought he brought a better package to the Arnold:
Here are some Phil Heath Arnold Classic pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
apples and oranges....but i like victor's physique more

cjsweetsmoke

cjsweetsmoke

I agree with The Creator. The lighting at the Iron Man is much better. A better comparison might be with Phil at the 08 Arnold.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think you will get flamed. Lighting does alot to make or break a physique in pics and videos.

Last edited by a moderator:
anaboliod

anaboliod

I believe for once you are correct creator the lighting does make a huge difference. I think the arnold pics would be much better comparision. I like victor so I biased towards his physique, However Phil's conditioning is very impressive and makes this comparison very tough!
But i choose vic.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've said it a hundred times, but Victors quads are terrible, and they'll only look worse this Olympia.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I voted Phil. But I do believe the proportions are off, Victor is bigger. The pictures are biased towards Phil. I THINK.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'm sorry to victor fans, but phil really takes this. the only shots i see vic beating phil in is the side chest and front lat spread. phil's one big drawback is a very narrow clavicle structure.