• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

CORMIER TO COMPETE IN AUGUST

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chris Cormier announced on Pro Bodybuilding Weekly that he will be returning to the stage in August for a pair of contests, the Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships on August 9 and the Europa SuperShow on August 16.

Cormier, one of the most successful competitors in IFBB history and a likely future Hall of Famer, last competed at the 2007 Atlantic City Pro, placing sixth. A week before Atlantic City, Cormier placed fourth at the Montreal Pro. Those competitions marked an improbable return to the stage, as just a year earlier Cormier lost the ability to walk while hospitalized with a severe back injury. Cormier guest posed at the Pittsburgh Pro Figure Championships last weekend weighing 275 pounds and said he feels rejuvinated and ready to challenge for an Olympia qualification once again.

?It's taken me lot of time to get comfortable with mu body again, but I finally felt like I was starting to hit poses right again," Cormier said. "I haven?t felt good since the injury. I felt like I competed way too soon, when I wasn't ready to show where my body was at. I felt really uncomfortable on stage never been uncomfortable on stage ever in my life. It has just been a chopping wood type of thing. I knew I wasn't done, I still have the fire inside of me."

Never one to mince words, Cormier says he will know when it is time to walk away. But he is convinced he still has a few good years left on the competitive circuit and enough left in the tank to close out his career on a winning note.

"This means everything," Cormier said. "I'm not going to do A, B and C and then miss the X, Y and Z. I gotta finish the alphabet type of thing. No I way can live with myself without doing that. I'm not that type of person. The passion I have, the things I've learned and experienced over the years ? I don't want to be Muhammad Ali, just getting punched on by these fools coming through. If I can?t be competitive with the top guys in the world, I'm not going to do it."

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He's not going to do any damage with that fuc*ed up tricep he has. Sad but true, he is pretty much done.

I like Chris and he's one of my favourites but he's just at the end of his road...

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Does someone have some recent pics from him..?

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No matter how good the rest of him looks, that tricep is so bad that he has no chance of winning. Will always be one of my favorites, but he is done competing for top spots.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No matter how good the rest of him looks, that tricep is so bad that he has no chance of winning.

Yeah, and it's very sad and true. He is one of my favourites, he was brilliant in the late 90s and early 2000s but that triceps.... oh God... :hhj:

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think his best is way behind him. He should have retired gracefully years ago, but judging from his comments he will unfortunately be one of those dudes that hangs around way too long past their used by date.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chris is and will always be one of the best but his time has past. I wish him all the best though. Must be hard giving up something he loves.....

Blond Bomber

Blond Bomber

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Isn't there any way to re-attach the tricep? What makes a muscle go beyond repair?

Anyway, that tear looks catastrophic even now, when he has fat covering it. What it will look like in comp-prep I don't want to know.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow....i've never seen a tri tear so visibily alter an appearence. he really should not compete, i mean, even if the rest of him looks awesome, the eye is always drawn to flaws and that is a major one.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shame really. He should do a Ronnie and stick to guest posing rather than take up the lower rank positions which is all he's likely to achieve with that tri tear.