• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

cytomel, what do you know?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i am going to get ahold of cytomel rather soon (hopefully) and would like some feedback from guys who have used it. i have done my research on it and feel like i know what to expect, but i think real life scenarios with people who have used it are the best way to learn so any input would be valued. thanks. :tiphat:

R

rick ramirezsublime

Never tried this, but your right personal trials are the best recommendations. Curious to see some of these posts, would like some knowledege on this as well!

MetalMX

MetalMX

I use t3/t4 together but its for my hypothyroidism so i have to take it everyday for life. Basically i tried a t3 cycle and at 50mcg a day without any added AAS i could feel it eating my muscles (very catabolic) and i was eating a lot. Just try a low dose 12.5mcg to start and go from their. Low doses are good at increasing Protein Synthesis and nutrient partioning, higher doses are good for cutting but you must use AAS with higher doses.

I only use it in replacement doses which i have to take to replace my natural production which is lacking, i wouldn't use it again in higher doses as i experienced bad headaches, extreme hunger, strength in the gym was that of a little girl! and your muscles feel flat as pancakes. This is only my experience it with, hope this helps.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I use t3/t4 together but its for my hypothyroidism so i have to take it everyday for life. Basically i tried a t3 cycle and at 50mcg a day without any added AAS i could feel it eating my muscles (very catabolic) and i was eating a lot. Just try a low dose 12.5mcg to start and go from their. Low doses are good at increasing Protein Synthesis and nutrient partioning, higher doses are good for cutting but you must use AAS with higher doses.

I only use it in replacement doses which i have to take to replace my natural production which is lacking, i wouldn't use it again in higher doses as i experienced bad headaches, extreme hunger, strength in the gym was that of a little girl! and your muscles feel flat as pancakes. This is only my experience it with, hope this helps.

very helpful thank you man. i read that in low doses it actually helps with nutrient uptake. i don't think i'll go the higher route. so what do you think like 20mcgs/day sounds about right? holding on to as much muscle as possible is very important to me. i am running a little bit of gear just to hold on to what i have but i still am leary about using much more than that. what do you think?

MetalMX

MetalMX

Start at 12.5mcg/day for 5 days then go up to 20-25mcg/day and stay with that dose. If your using gear 20-25mcg will certainly help with fat loss and nutrient uptake with no worry about muscle loss whatsoever.

People who are natural can use 12.5mcg-25mcg a day safely.

How long do you plan on using it?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Start at 12.5mcg/day for 5 days then go up to 20-25mcg/day and stay with that dose. If your using gear 20-25mcg will certainly help with fat loss and nutrient uptake with no worry about muscle loss whatsoever.

People who are natural can use 12.5mcg-25mcg a day safely.

How long do you plan on using it?

ok i'll try that out. i don't have it yet it should be here by next thursday. they are 20mcg tabs so i guess i'll just get a pill cutter and start at 10mcg/day and then bump up to just a tab a day. i plan on using it for 2-3 weeks depending on how i'm looking.

Kanav

Kanav

I tried it when I was very new to bodybuilding and it did nothing. I guess I was expecting a magic bullet at the time since my diet was still garbage. Did a bit of a pyramid shpeel with it, starting off at 10mcg for the first week, 20mcg for the next two and then 10 again for the last one.

For all I know, it could have been the most expensive tic tacs i ever bought. For what its supposed to do, you're better off using an eca stack or some clen

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I tried it when I was very new to bodybuilding and it did nothing. I guess I was expecting a magic bullet at the time since my diet was still garbage. Did a bit of a pyramid shpeel with it, starting off at 10mcg for the first week, 20mcg for the next two and then 10 again for the last one.

For all I know, it could have been the most expensive tic tacs i ever bought. For what its supposed to do, you're better off using an eca stack or some clen

there really not that expensive :dunnodude: perhaps you were sold something fake? everyone who i've talked to so far has said these things start to work rather quickly.

MetalMX

MetalMX

Their extremely cheap and effective with an clean planned diet plan while cutting or bulking when your using low doses. If your eating like garbage don't expect anything to work.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Their extremely cheap and effective with an clean planned diet plan while cutting or bulking when your using low doses. If your eating like garbage don't expect anything to work.

totally agree your wasting your time using them if your not gonna eat right.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kanav

Kanav

there really not that expensive :dunnodude: perhaps you were sold something fake? everyone who i've talked to so far has said these things start to work rather quickly.

they were a hundred bucks, I guess lousy hook ups.

The stuff itself was legit tho, well at least when I was researching the bottle and how the pills themselves were supposed to look like.

Keep in mind my diet was shitty. I'm just giving you my experience, take it in any way you want to.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they were a hundred bucks, I guess lousy hook ups.

The stuff itself was legit tho, well at least when I was researching the bottle and how the pills themselves were supposed to look like.

Keep in mind my diet was shitty. I'm just giving you my experience, take it in any way you want to.

lol ya that would be a bad hookup. makes sense that it wouldn't do that much if your diet was poor. clen and cyto are almost useless without a proper diet.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok so what i got has 20mcg of T3 and 100mcg of T4 per tab. i've read that the T4 will convert to T3 at a ratio of 5:1 so it should be the equivalent of 40mcg of t3 a tab. i'm i right in this line of thought? looks like i am i'm gonna have to cut these already very tiny tabs into halves and quarters. pretty potent stuff.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok so what i got has 20mcg of T3 and 100mcg of T4 per tab. i've read that the T4 will convert to T3 at a ratio of 5:1 so it should be the equivalent of 40mcg of t3 a tab. i'm i right in this line of thought? looks like i am i'm gonna have to cut these already very tiny tabs into halves and quarters. pretty potent stuff.

God I hope this gets your fat ass in shape in time :keke: If I find you have been slacking on your diet just because you started this.... oh boy :eek5nono:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
. Did a bit of a pyramid shpeel with it, starting off at 10mcg for the first week, 20mcg for the next two and then 10 again for the last one.

Just for the record, there's no need to taper off cytomel. You can just drop it, and thyroid function returns to normal very quickly.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just for the record, there's no need to taper off cytomel. You can just drop it, and thyroid function returns to normal very quickly.

your right but i have read in many articles and profiles that it is wise to heir on the safe side and just bring it down somewhat slowly. there is a minor "rebound" effect that sometimes occurs when immediatly dropping your thyroid levels and this method of tapering helps insure that this will not happen. at least not to the same extent.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
God I hope this gets your fat ass in shape in time :keke: If I find you have been slacking on your diet just because you started this.... oh boy :eek5nono:

:disgust: oh ye of little faith

and people don't know what i look like on here. there gonna think i'm really fat you skeez. for the record, i'm about 10% bf

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:disgust: oh ye of little faith

and people don't know what i look like on here. there gonna think i'm really fat you skeez. for the record, i'm about 10% bf

:keke: Sorry

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your right but i have read in many articles and profiles that it is wise to heir on the safe side and just bring it down somewhat slowly. there is a minor "rebound" effect that sometimes occurs when immediatly dropping your thyroid levels and this method of tapering helps insure that this will not happen. at least not to the same extent.

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (1)

1) Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy. N Engl J Med 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (1)

1) Recovery of pituitary thyrotropic function after withdrawal of prolonged thyroid-suppression therapy. N Engl J Med 1975 Oct 2;293(14):681-4

good post. but like it said it takes around 2 weeks to get your thyroid back to normal. in that two week period of minimal thyroid level you can experience a substantial "rebound" effect resulting in fat gain. tapering off lessens this. this article does not state otherwise. it is however good to know that it doens't matter how long one takes t3, their thyroid will return to normal levels.