• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rumor: Ronnie to do the Olympia 2008?!?

P

Pain

VIP
Theres been talk going around that Ronnie still wants to compete at another big show, will it be the 2008 Olympia? Should he? Where would he place if he did do the 08 Olympia?

24e2x5s-1.jpg

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well, he does'nt look bad in that pic, thats for sure. but i think he should drop the O this year. he needs time to build up the symmetry in the back and arms if that is possible with the injurys he's had. but let's not forget that Vince Taylor competed in the O after he past 50, and he looked really good. but as for this year, dont do it Ronnie. make a strong combeck or dont do a comback at all IMO.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think 5 or 6 is the place!! ..I think he has a choice near to cutler ..
killing dexter, kai, vic, badell

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He shouldn't be in the top 6.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
maybe lower then 8th

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Probably just inside the top 10... 8th or 9th.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
he should reduce his overall size a bit if he wants to compete again...

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right, IS. I agree.

If ronnie does do a big show he need to come in huge bc of his proportions. He is looking a lot better in that pic as far as overall physique. Hi physique looks like its returning, but if he cant bring his back up he will always lose points for symmetry. I want more than anyone for him to win another O, and to see his back heal. But only time will tell. He would have to have some sort of stem cell procedure to repair his nervous tissue wouldnt he?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why go out on a good note (the olympia speech) to only return the following year?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right, IS. I agree.

If ronnie does do a big show he need to come in huge bc of his proportions. He is looking a lot better in that pic as far as overall physique. Hi physique looks like its returning, but if he cant bring his back up he will always lose points for symmetry. I want more than anyone for him to win another O, and to see his back heal. But only time will tell. He would have to have some sort of stem cell procedure to repair his nervous tissue wouldnt he?

Depends on the injury, nobody really knows exactly what it is, where the problem is, (well, at least the public doesn't) so its difficult to speculate. To my knowledge, there are no procedures yet where a stem cell could be used to replace a damaged nerve in humans, so that's not really a possibility.

Look at his guest posing videos, he can barely even do a lat spread anymore. He's also turning 44 next week, this is a time when men's bodies naturally start to begin to atrophy at an increasing pace. I know you want him to win another O, I would love to see that too, but it's not going to happen.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think he will do the Mr. O this year. Personally, I don't think he should ever do the Mr. O again. If he does want to enter one last big show, then it should be the Arnold next year. He will have to come in as big as possible with decent conditioning (280-285). I think his injuries will be alot less apparent like in 06' than it was in 07' between the two. When he came in lighter, his injuries showed alot more.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ronnie could not fairly place top ten this year at the olympia. I would be surprised if he looked near as good as he did last year and he didnt deserve the place he got last year.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For the sake of his fans and his legacy I hope he does not compete at a big show because after the gift of 4th place at last years 'O' it would only be worse and what really is the point. I appreciate he loves the sport, but surely he has done enough it's not as if he needs the money and with the position he'd likely achieve the money wouldn't be worth it anyway. He can keep his hand in the sport in many ways without competing.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For the sake of his fans and his legacy I hope he does not compete at a big show because after the gift of 4th place at last years 'O' it would only be worse and what really is the point. I appreciate he loves the sport, but surely he has done enough it's not as if he needs the money and with the position he'd likely achieve the money wouldn't be worth it anyway. He can keep his hand in the sport in many ways without competing.

exactly what i was thinking:xyxthumbs:

+ last year he went out with a boom, it was really class over it, and all that just to return the following year in possibly worse shape? i just dont get why he would even consider that, reminds me of the comeback of jordan and tyson, it just serves to ruin the legacy of the athlete...

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
exactly what i was thinking:xyxthumbs:

+ last year he went out with a boom, it was really class over it, and all that just to return the following year in possibly worse shape? i just dont get why he would even consider that, reminds me of the comeback of jordan and tyson, it just serves to ruin the legacy of the athlete...

Exactly what i've been trying to get across for a long time...you worded it well:tiphat:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I believe Pain want us to post a lot and that's why he opens thread like this :D :D :D

I only want to hear Ronnie's news from Lightweight's mouth :p

Nah, I don't believe he will ever compete again at a big show. If science could fix the problem in Ronnie's nerves they would be very close to heal paralitics issues.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If science could fix the problem in Ronnie's nerves they would be very close to heal paralytics issues.

Excellent point, having a car crash victim able to walk again would take priority for any sort of treatment over Ronnie Coleman getting his 9th Sandow.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would like for him to make a comeback, but with those injuries I do not see that being much a smart or logical possibility. He loves the sport, that is for sure, but I think he should not do another Mr O and come out with dignity.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am sure he wants to, but he shouldn't