• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hows my bulking diet look

S

SRUDWARF

The last year I bulked from 127 to 148-153 with minimal fat gain (3%). I was wondering if this diet was ok. In addition to what is written i drank 1 gallon of 2% milk a day (1 liter after i worked out with the potato, 1 liter in the morning, 1 liter pre-workout, and the rest before bed and at dinner). I think its like 4000 calories, when people ask me how much i eat i say 4000. how many calories is this

breakfast
3 eggs
1 cup oatmeal
bacon (5 strips)

pre-workout
1 cup oatmeal

post workout
16 oz potato

dinner
8 oz sirloin steak
bag of vegetables (3-4 cups)
16 oz baked potato
some sour cream

pre-bed
3 eggs
salad(10 oz bag spinach)
some cheese

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Where's your protein shakes? Where's the protein in your post-workout? You're relying on all milk for your source of protein? Let me edit this diet for you...

breakfast
2 eggs
4 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
bacon (5 strips)

pre-workout
1 scoop of whey protein in milk or water
1 cup oatmeal

post workout
2 scoops of protein in water, no milk
16 oz potato

dinner
8 oz sirloin steak
bag of vegetables (3-4 cups)
16 oz baked potato
some sour cream

pre-bed
3 eggs
salad(10 oz bag spinach)
some cheese

Oh, you should think about having some kind of other meal in there, like lunch.

S

SRUDWARF

Where's your protein shakes? Where's the protein in your post-workout? You're relying on all milk for your source of protein? Let me edit this diet for you...

Oh, you should think about having some kind of other meal in there, like lunch.

a liter of milk is 32 grams of protein. Do i really need whey protein?

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
a liter of milk is 32 grams of protein. Do i really need whey protein?

You don't necessarily need whey protein, but you don't need all that milk. Milk digests very slowly thus making it pretty pointless to have it in your post-workout... you're not going to benefit at all. If you can get your protein requirements with all solid foods (chicken, fish, steak...) than that's good. I was just suggesting whey protein after your workout because it's pure and processes quickly with water.

S

SRUDWARF

You don't necessarily need whey protein, but you don't need all that milk. Milk digests very slowly thus making it pretty pointless to have it in your post-workout... you're not going to benefit at all. If you can get your protein requirements with all solid foods (chicken, fish, steak...) than that's good. I was just suggesting whey protein after your workout because it's pure and processes quickly with water.

oh ok. what if i cant afford it? can i have some bcaa's right after im done then wait an hour to eat/drink? I spend all my money on food right now, thats why i dont have any whey

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh ok. what if i cant afford it? can i have some bcaa's right after im done then wait an hour to eat/drink? I spend all my money on food right now, thats why i dont have any whey

Do this... have like 12 oz. of milk with your oats before your workout... and then have some chicken or tuna with your potato. Tuna is really cheap, that would probably be better for your. If you can't eat tuna straight up like some people, get some whole wheat crackers.

How long do you wait between post-workout and dinner?

S

SRUDWARF

like 3 hours

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh wow thats really cheap. i was getting NOW off bb.com for like the same price but 2 gram servings, thats a 4 gram serving. Thanks alot for that

Yep no problem :2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff