• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

close call

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
talk about any near death experiences you might have had :linedrunk:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
last saturday i was pulling out of my neighborhood while trying to send a quick text message. i stopped at the stop sign, looked both ways, looked clear, but i didn't see this little car trailing this SUV. i pulled out and when i saw it, it happended in slow motion. i hit the brakes and the other car slammed so hard burning rubber filled the air. it must have missed the front of my car by 2 feet. if i hadn't stopped as quickly as i had, it would have been a 40mph driver's side collision on my car. needless to say i pay much more attention while pulling into a lane, and i don't text while driving. God was looking out for me.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i was driving down a pretty busy main road... 3 lains each way. you cannot turn right from the inside lanebut this shitcunt decided to turn right... i didnt notice straight away so i slammed on the breaks... smoke and screaching .... ended up being about 10cm away from him id say... and i was goin about 80km/h. I shit myself...

pretzeL

pretzeL

was racing with a few mates in the mountain twisties last year with our bikes. Somehow i got stuck last and also could not pass a jeep (there is just one lane per side and it's quite narrow, on the other side you have the mountain wall and on the other about a 150 meter drop). I sped up and caught up with the others and i was on full racing mode. Passed a friend, and was trying to pass one more and in a right hand hairpin. I tried to pass him on the exterior (going on the other lane) but he sped up. I then got into position to go really fast into the next corner, which was to the left allowing me to pass on the interior of the corner. (remember, i was on the lane for the oncoming traffic) when suddenly, out of the corner a car appeared. I was doing about 70kmh and the car about 30. I made "point fixation" a thing quite common in motorcycling, where you focus on a certain point and the hands instinctively steer the bike towards that point. So, i was already leaned into the corner and approaching the car fast and no matter how hard i tried i could not tilt the bike in the other direction. I missed the car by 4-5cm and scrapped my leg on the whole right side of the car. If i was more to my left by 4-5 cm i would have hit the car dead on...in the middle of nowhere at least 2-3 hours away from the nearest hospital. That was a close call...

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For some reason, I had one of those cement bullets that people use to create holes in the cement. And so, I decided to stick a needle through the tip of it which was glue that holds the gun powder inside it. As I did that, the hole let the pressure from inside the bullet to escape and so it popped. Shrapnel went flying every where, into my face, neck, etc. I couldn't hear for a while and I still get the ringing sensation in my ears. I'm perfectly fine now, no lead in my system or anything like that, I just got jolted for a few days. So yeah, how's that a close call, well, the bullet was about 4 inches from my face, and I could of blown out an eye, hand...etc..

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
impressive dudes

not many of you know this, but i am, or was an Arborist. the guys who work with trees and stuff
anyway my job entails using a chipper machine. and we use a big one that you could feed a pretty decent sized tree through.
anyway one time alot of this wood was jammed, and i thought to myself, ahh okey this is nothing ill just get up on her (the feed deck) and give it a little push in.
anyway i did that but the moment i touched the wood, it all went through, and the machine, when wood is being feed through it, is really rocky and shakey. i had one of my knees on the feed deck and the shaking was enough to make both of my legs slip from under me and have me lie flat RIGHT INSIDE the chipper on the feed deck while it was going. i swear my arm/hand must have been about 4 inches from the roller which feeds shit through to the blades. and when something goes in there, you CANNOT stop it.

one of the work guys seen all this happen and let me tell ya my entire employment agency, work cover, the council and my crew, and parents, all went fucking balistic on a level i havnt seen before.
they should have fired me then and there, but they realise i was just a 1st year apprentice and stupid shit does happen.

anyway a few months later another chipper incident would occur. this time with a much larger piece of wood.
i didnt need to get on the feeding deck this time :)uhoh2:) but instead i used my foot to push it through. anyway a broken piece of wood caught on my pant leg and dragged me in with it, and tore my pant leg to shreds! however i managed to change the feed from positive (going in) to negative (going out) just in time. that was fucked.

both incidents were fucked. although a whole list of OHS attrocities have happend since i started my apprenticeship (and i mean seriously fucked up ones) i was sacked that day.

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Off the top of my head I was in a head on car crash going 80mph and walked away without a scratch, I've been caught in a flood and I got close to being beaten to death once.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last winter my friends an I were in a Mini-van and we were doing like 120Km/h. We hit a patch of ice and skidded into a guard rail. I though for sure were were gonna roll the van.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I farted so hard my brain almost exploded.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When i had that car accident in my brothers outback
if i wasn't going as fast as i was i wouldn't been hit directly
on my side.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
last saturday i was pulling out of my neighborhood while trying to send a quick text message. i stopped at the stop sign, looked both ways, looked clear, but i didn't see this little car trailing this SUV. i pulled out and when i saw it, it happended in slow motion. i hit the brakes and the other car slammed so hard burning rubber filled the air. it must have missed the front of my car by 2 feet. if i hadn't stopped as quickly as i had, it would have been a 40mph driver's side collision on my car. needless to say i pay much more attention while pulling into a lane, and i don't text while driving. God was looking out for me.

same shit happened to me, except i was trying to find a good song on a buddies ipod.. its been a while ago, still with my old cadillac deville

i wasnt breaking i was driving, this other dude missed me by inches.. :hyperguy:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
impressive dudes

not many of you know this, but i am, or was an Arborist. the guys who work with trees and stuff
anyway my job entails using a chipper machine. and we use a big one that you could feed a pretty decent sized tree through.
anyway one time alot of this wood was jammed, and i thought to myself, ahh okey this is nothing ill just get up on her (the feed deck) and give it a little push in.
anyway i did that but the moment i touched the wood, it all went through, and the machine, when wood is being feed through it, is really rocky and shakey. i had one of my knees on the feed deck and the shaking was enough to make both of my legs slip from under me and have me lie flat RIGHT INSIDE the chipper on the feed deck while it was going. i swear my arm/hand must have been about 4 inches from the roller which feeds shit through to the blades. and when something goes in there, you CANNOT stop it.

one of the work guys seen all this happen and let me tell ya my entire employment agency, work cover, the council and my crew, and parents, all went fucking balistic on a level i havnt seen before.
they should have fired me then and there, but they realise i was just a 1st year apprentice and stupid shit does happen.

anyway a few months later another chipper incident would occur. this time with a much larger piece of wood.
i didnt need to get on the feeding deck this time :)uhoh2:) but instead i used my foot to push it through. anyway a broken piece of wood caught on my pant leg and dragged me in with it, and tore my pant leg to shreds! however i managed to change the feed from positive (going in) to negative (going out) just in time. that was fucked.

both incidents were fucked. although a whole list of OHS attrocities have happend since i started my apprenticeship (and i mean seriously fucked up ones) i was sacked that day.

that is beyond nuts! jeez man maybe you shouldn't work around the chipper? :keke:

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ooh and i once got hit by a car while playing catch as a little kid :49: i run r ight in front of it, blam hit me on my left knee.. since then i have trouble with it every winter :ugh:
plus heavy squats = pain in the ass

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fucked up story from a few days ago. Okay, well I'm at my fucked up friend Andy's house. We're smoking and having a good time, and we're sitting down in his room. He sees his gun on the shelf, picks it up and points it at my friend Ben and goes "I wonder if it's loaded *click*...guess not." That was fucked up. Because what if it actually was loaded?

Chesticles

Chesticles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Off the top of my head I was in a head on car crash going 80mph and walked away without a scratch, I've been caught in a flood and I got close to being beaten to death once.
Slight mistake on my part, it was km not mph.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
i was about to say... ya daft aussie bastard :keke: