• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

VICTOR WILL BE AT OLYMPIA 2008!!

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://www.flexonline.com/bodybuilding_victor_martinez_2008_mr_olympia_/news/439

VicO_large.jpg

by Allan Donnelly

May 17, 2008

FLEXONLINE.COM

Despite several reports to the contrary, all signs are pointing to Victor Martinez competing in the 2008 Mr. Olympia on September 27-28 at the Orleans Arena.

Martinez tore his left patellar tendon in mid-January while performing a set of warm-up lunges while preparing for the Arnold Classic. He underwent surgery on January 18, leaving his participation in the 2008 Olympia in serious jeopardy. Most have assumed that Martinez will not be able to recover in time in order to resume training for competition.

However, this week, Martinez mailed in his signed Olympia contract, which can only mean one thing - the door is wide open for the No. 2 bodybuilder in the world to once again challenge Jay Cutler- and the vastly improved Dexter Jackson - for top honors at the Olympia.

But that's not all. FLEX Senior Writer Julian Schmidt recently caught up with Martinez and raised the question of whether or not Martinez would be ready to compete at the 2008. Here's what Martinez had to say:

“It's looking good that I will be in the Mr. Olympia," Martinez said. "I lost a little bit of size in my legs, but not too much. I’ve been training everything else as always, so I will definitely be ready, especially for Jay Cutler. I assure you I will be competitive with him. I'm always competitive with Jay.”

What does it all mean? Taken by itself, we'd look at Martinez's recent quote to be wishful thinking. But the fact that there's a signed contract, well, we're inclined to believe we'll be seeing Vic onstage in late September.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome, thanks for posting!

Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great news, thanks for the post!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
i'm a lil bit worried about his legs:ughnoes:, but anyway if he want to do the Olympia i respect his choice, God bless him and hope to do better than last year ... go and beat Jay :hsughr:

and i want in team Victor pls :tiphat:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Awesome news!
But I hope he is recovered, or this is a huge mistake

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good news !!! top 3 at the 2008 OLYMPIA for sure :xyxthumbs:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

he probably make the O for the money, so it wont be a mistake whatever he places..

but yes for the fans, there is no way he will be #2 or even #3 with a leg surgery this year, no if his weak point was already the legs

V

volmari

I still believe that Victor is not competing 08 Mr. O, just publicity stunt..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is defiantly awesome news but i'm nervous to see what he looks like

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

Because I think he could get a lower placing then he normally would.
His legs has never been a strong point of his. He lacks sweep and seperation others have. And to come in with smaller legs if he now hasn't recovered would hurt him IMO

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
but yes for the fans, there is no way he will be #2 or even #3 with a leg surgery this year, no if his weak point was already the legs
I'd say that the shape of the individualized heads of his quadriceps would have been a weak point for Vic, but not his legs as a whole. They're still quite large and, more importantly, full in terms of presenting a sweeping and rounded silhouette. Thus, proportionately, I wouldn't consider size an issue and because shape cannot be changed I doubt that, if he does regain size in them, they'll be a non issue. If anyone's legs are two small for their upper body it's the man in your avatar.
Because I think he could get a lower placing then he normally would
So? He's still back on stage and making money.

Iceman1981

Iceman1981

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great news, but I'm a bit nervous when he said this:

Martinez said. "I lost a little bit of size in my legs, but not too much."

Victor will need his legs to be at full strenght to beat Cutler if Cutler is on.

COACH

COACH

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great news, but I'm a bit nervous when he said this:

Martinez said. "I lost a little bit of size in my legs, but not too much."

Victor will need his legs to be at full strenght to beat Cutler if Cutler is on.

agree friends!!!!

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
And if you wouldn't count that as a reason?
I'm not sure I follow you here. Whether he comes in at 100% or not he's still making strides to improving and, many times, competing is the only way to gauge your true progress as a competitive bodybuilder. If he can remain injury free and make some money he's likely making the right decision. He doesn't have to win the Olympia the next time he competes, but instead must only show that he will remain a threat.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good news!Great battle coming up:hsughr:
I'm not sure I follow you here. Whether he comes in at 100% or not he's still making strides to improving and, many times, competing is the only way to gauge your true progress as a competitive bodybuilder. If he can remain injury free and make some money he's likely making the right decision. He doesn't have to win the Olympia the next time he competes, but instead must only show that he will remain a threat.
:xyxthumbs:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

He will always be a threat in every competition he enters. But I dont see the point in stressing his recovery just so he can compete at this years Olympia when he can come back to the Arnold better then ever and make a good push for the titel there instead. If its like he says that his legs are smaller that would be really bad for him, because as I said before his legs aren't that good even at 100%, (Not saying that they are bad though) But they lack seperation in the quads and the same kind of sweep others have.

And lets face it. Cutler wont lose this year unless he doesn't show up. Dennis Wolf will be top 3, Phil Heath will be in the top 5 atleast, Dexter will be 2nd or 3rd as always, Melvin is a top 5 competitor IMO. That will leave Victor at 5th - 6th place if his legs are decent.