• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

More legs questions.

J

jeromethechicken

I was born with tiny legs. Through the years, I've built them up pretty well but I'm still having difficulty with the inner thigh and lower hamstring. I have good seperation and decent size on the front heads and outside heads of the quad. I tore my hamstring about a month and a half ago but I'm full bore ahead now. I'm also having trouble adding size to my calves. Here is my split and legs routines.

Monday: Chest and forearms
Tuesday: Legs (hams and calves emphasis)
Wednesday: Back and Biceps
Thursday: Shoulders and Triceps
Friday: Legs (quads and calves emphasis)

Abs 3 days a week. Cardio 4-5

Tuesday:

Wide Stance Deep Squat: 4 x 8
Deadlift: 4 x 8
Leg Extensions: 4 x 10-12 (I point my toes out on this day to emphasize the inner head of the quad)
Leg Curls 21's: 7 half up, 7 half down, 7 full range with contraction at top for 3 sets.
Standing Calf Raise 21's: 3 x 21 (toe out, toe in, toes forward)
Toe Press: 5 x 12-15

Friday:

Close Stance Squat: 4x10
Leg Extension: 4x12-15
Leg Curls:
Leg Press Close Stance: 4x8
Standing Calf Raise 21's: 3 x 21 (toe out, toe in, toes forward)
Toe Press: 5 x 12-15

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats a lot of volume. 5 days a week with 2 times legs. Theres nothing wrong with training legs twice a week but periodize it correctly. I would go for a heavy compound day and a medium/light high rep day.
Calves are mostly genetic but you can always build some descent size if you keep up the hard work.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive heard from some tall bodybuilders ,that they use some innerthigh machine to build some mass do them ,because their lack of genetics to build outer sweep of the quad muscle.I know thats not your reason for trying to build them ,but i would give it a try..

J

jeromethechicken

thats a lot of volume. 5 days a week with 2 times legs. Theres nothing wrong with training legs twice a week but periodize it correctly. I would go for a heavy compound day and a medium/light high rep day.
Calves are mostly genetic but you can always build some descent size if you keep up the hard work.

I was doing that before I tore my ham and it was working. I think I was being a little scared about going heavy again but I guess there really isn't anyway around it.

J

jeromethechicken

Ive heard from some tall bodybuilders ,that they use some innerthigh machine to build some mass do them ,because their lack of genetics to build outer sweep of the quad muscle.I know thats not your reason for trying to build them ,but i would give it a try..

I'm 6-3 and Native American so the genetics are really against me for large legs. The closest thing I have to any inner thigh machine is a hip flexor machine. I tried it but barely felt it in the thigh.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why no lunges? and do some front squats too man!

J

jeromethechicken

I do reverse lunges sometimes. I only have a smith machine to do squats and it sucks for front squats. You know what, that's an excuse. I have multiple bars available. Feel free to throw a legs routine together for me. I'm up for all the advice I can get.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was doing that before I tore my ham and it was working. I think I was being a little scared about going heavy again but I guess there really isn't anyway around it.

If you wanna gain some mass on your frame you have to go heavy, build it up slowly you dont wanna get hurt again.