• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bulking Diet

B

bcity101

I just started my bulking diet weighing in at 150 with about 12% bodyfat. I was trying to figure out around how many calories, fat grams carbs and protein i sou be getting in. Also is a 50%protein,40%carbs, and 10% fat a good route to go or should i alter some of these numbers. I read that i should get in around 2,300 calories but i am unsure. i want to try and put on as much lean muscle even though fat will come but i am unsure if i should go with this method.

anaboliod

anaboliod

you need to switch your carbs to 50% and protien to 40% try and get closer to 3k cals and then go lift some heavy ass wieghts!

B

BenHur

Here's a simple rule of thumb for your 3000 calories diet:

-1g per pound of protein (150g => 600 cal => 20%)

- Xg of fat ( The basic recommendation for fat for maintain an optimum hormonal profile is between 20% and 30% of your daily calories) Lets say 30% for the sake of the exemple ==> 900 calories or 100 g of fats

- Carbs = 1500 calorie (3000 - 600 - 900 = 1500 calories) or 375 g

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you need to switch your carbs to 50% and protien to 40% try and get closer to 3k cals and then go lift some heavy ass wieghts!

3k cals for a guy who weighs 150lbs? are you serious? more like 5-6 k if you ask me..

eat lots bro!!! i dont care what people tell you, but if your not eating you just wont grow, with that being said, dont eat everything in sight, i guess if you do have a high metabolism you can but its not a very healthy approach,

Steak and potatoes!!!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont agree with him eating 6000 kcal a day serb, i mean thats such a surplus for him that he will undeniably gain alot of bodyfat. he should figure out just how much he needs, and then eat around 500 kcal more than that imo.

40-50% complex carbohydrates, like oatmeal, potatoes and whole grain bread. only time of day where u should eat simple carbs should be immediately postworkout and maybe a fruit or raisins for breakfast, other than that stick with the complex carb only, get in protein with each meal 30-50 g. 30% should be protein, good sources include chicken, beef, a good whey protein, cottage cheese and eggs.20-30% fat, eat almonds, nuts, egg yolks, lamb and take in a good share of fish oil.:tiphat:

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ whats wrong with getting fat? :methman:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was eating max 4k calories when i was 235lb at about 14%bf so i think him eating more than 3k will undeniably give him gains that he will not appreciate. you can't speed up the muscle growth process by just gorging yourself. unless you wanna be a trey brewer style fat ass lol.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I think for somebody weighing 150lbs, i think you should eat between 2,500 to 3000 max. i think any higher than that it will put alot of fat on that you dont want. however if you eat up to 3000, training hard and arnt making any improvements then bump up your calories by another 500. your calories must be good calories though. bulkboy put it best

40-50% complex carbohydrates, like oatmeal, potatoes and whole grain bread. only time of day where u should eat simple carbs should be immediately postworkout and maybe a fruit or raisins for breakfast, other than that stick with the complex carb only, get in protein with each meal 30-50 g. 30% should be protein, good sources include chicken, beef, a good whey protein, cottage cheese and eggs.20-30% fat, eat almonds, nuts, egg yolks, lamb and take in a good share of fish oil.:tiphat: