• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

COLUMBU GETS KUDOS AT MUSCLE BEACH MAKEOVER DEBUT

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
COLUMBU GETS KUDOS AT MUSCLE BEACH MAKEOVER DEBUT (05/16)

The Item: Legend's Update/Event Promotions

The Scoop: Two-time Mr. Olympia and former IFBB Pro Franco Columbu will appear at Muscle Beach in Venice, CA, on Saturday (May 17) for the Weight Pen Renovation grand unveiling ceremony. "New StarTrac Equipment equipment worth $31,000 and $20,000 worth of equipment by Headblade were donated, which enabled us to put in new flooring," says Smokin' Joe Wheatley, who has spearheaded Muscle Beach's recent revitalization. "After the ribbon cutting ceremony, we will be unveiling the plaques of the 2007 inductees, including Jack LaLanne (Lifetime Achievement Award), Franco Columbu, Tony Pearson, DeForrest 'Moe' Most and Pudgy Stockton." The makeover includes 30 new pieces of the latest in strength-building equipment added to Muscle Beach's famous outdoor workout pit, which has been closed since May 5 during the renovation period. Completed in 2007, the Muscle Beach Venice Walk of Fame (like the Hollywood Walk of Fame) celebrates Hall of Fame honorees with bronze plaques incorporated into the Weight Pen's foundation.

The "So What?": A legendary fixture in bodybuilding's Golden Era, the Italy-born Dr. Columbu was a champion power lifter, Strong Man competitor and - at 5'5", 185 pounds -- a pioneer for the shorter beasts of bodybuilding. Dubbed "the Sardinian Strongman," Columbu was crowned Mr. Universe 1970 and Mr. Olympia in 1976 and 1981.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

d.capodiferro

finally some news about my undisputed idol franco columbu.
as an italian, i'm proud to live in the land in which he was born.
one of the greatest of all time.
i wonder if he is still in shape...?!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Last I saw he has a bit of a belly on him but still has some decent guns.