• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jay Cutler a real Mr.O ?

T

tobyhake

lets mix it up a bit, i know theres some big jay fans out there but do u realy think lego man is realy worth all the hero worship u guys give him? come on he beat an old ronnie and some up and coming guys who will wipe the floor with him next year, he is huge, i give him that but he has no classic body that u pitcure with a mr ollympia. he could never come close to yates,lee,arnold or ronnie.

bb4life

bb4life

The reason why I never saw Jay as Mr. Olympia is because he lacks detail. Guys like Ronnie, Lee, Arnold etc had incredible detail in their physiques like cross striated lats, quads, and chest, diamond hard glutes, christmas trees in their back to name some. Jay is big, but his physique isn't as refined as some guys that never won the O, like Flex, Shawn, Kevin, Gaspari. There isn't anything that really distances himself from the rest like past Mr. Olympias have. Though he is larger than Vic, Dex, Phil, Dennis, they crush him when it comes to detail and overall development. When they get near his size, like Vic did last year, that is when they will force him off the olympia stage because he won't be able to match up well anymore. I'm not saying Jay is a bad bodybuilder, but th only reason he was ever in contention for the title is because of his size.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your right tobyhake on your assesment of his physique. it is just not appealing nor is it impressive. but non of they jay fans will even begin to admit this.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He is a great bodybuilder I will give him that, but he is not what you would expect a Mr Olympia to be. He is not impressive and is, since the early 80's, the weakest and most beatable Mr O.
If the show is to be judged fairly he would still place high, but I see Jay as a caretaker of the Sandow until someone comes to "Wow!" us like Ronnie or Yates. To this day we don't have anyone yet, but there are some promising bodybuilders that will be more deserving.
For those of you who thinks there are no "politics" in bodybuilding then go ahead and keep living in la la land because there most certainly is. I have known to many pro's and top amateurs to deny that fact, this sport definitely has politics that plays a major role in the judging.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay is judged harshly for many reasons, the least of not being the fact that he came after Ronnie. As Ronnie Coleman is often called the greatest bodybuilder to have ever lived, any Mr. O coming after him has high expectation to live up to.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay is judged harshly for many reasons, the least of not being the fact that he came after Ronnie. As Ronnie Coleman is often called the greatest bodybuilder to have ever lived, any Mr. O coming after him has high expectation to live up to.

Great point, I agree on that. But IMO just because he has been 2nd so many years running doesn't mean that he automatically gets the Sandow when there are bodybuilders that should easily beat him. Ronnie blew the competition away and had only a few close Mr O's but you could still easily argue Ronnie's win, Jay has not and will not be as dominant. And when he should lose and doesn't it's hard to not get upset at the sport.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My thoughts are this:

Jay deserved every placing he got, from the 2001 Olympia, to the 2006 Olympia, where he won.

... The 2007 Olympia, on the other hand......

Savjav

Savjav

your right tobyhake on your assesment of his physique. it is just not appealing nor is it impressive. but non of they jay fans will even begin to admit this.

hmm.... appealing.... maybe but the man is still impressive. and lifterdead had a very valid point its big shoes to fill after ronnies amazing career.
i do like jay he is great for our sport.. but im biased towards the golden physiques nothing will ever amaze me like arnold, lee, dorian and yes ronnie did.

good thread too :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmm.... appealing.... maybe but the man is still impressive. and lifterdead had a very valid point its big shoes to fill after ronnies amazing career.
i do like jay he is great for our sport.. but im biased towards the golden physiques nothing will ever amaze me like arnold, lee, dorian and yes ronnie did.

good thread too :xyxthumbs:

fair enough. i guess it's very subjective as to what you find "impressive". does just pure raw size impress you? then jay is no doubt impressive. but there is more to bodybuilding and it must be combined into one total package. jay only has one base covered, and there are several other competitors right now that are far more appealing.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jay can be admired for his hard work etc. but unfortunately not for his physique

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
My thoughts are this:

Jay deserved every placing he got, from the 2001 Olympia, to the 2006 Olympia, where he won.

:werdrun_2:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Not this shit AGAIN....write this in the old thread(s)
He shouldn't have won last year thats it...now give it a rest

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that issue has been discussed a lot of times although i believe cutler did not deserve his last olympia its not his fault for weider's politics

D

d.capodiferro

He is a great bodybuilder I will give him that, but he is not what you would expect a Mr Olympia to be. He is not impressive and is, since the early 80's, the weakest and most beatable Mr O.
If the show is to be judged fairly he would still place high, but I see Jay as a caretaker of the Sandow until someone comes to "Wow!" us like Ronnie or Yates. To this day we don't have anyone yet, but there are some promising bodybuilders that will be more deserving.
For those of you who thinks there are no "politics" in bodybuilding then go ahead and keep living in la la land because there most certainly is. I have known to many pro's and top amateurs to deny that fact, this sport definitely has politics that plays a major role in the judging.

talking about impressiveness, victor is no doubt far less impressive than jay; and if jay is not impressive(which i don't think), he's still more impressive than any other at the moment.
also, i think that jay at his best is the one in history that could come closer to a coleman in shape in an ipotetical competition.
in the early 2000s he was destroyed by ronnie because he had no back, but now he has brought it up and, taking about mass, he is the only who can be remotely compared to coleman

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^victor was far more impressive than cutler lat year due to his superior conditioning over cutler...the only thing thats good with cutler's back is his width but its always watery and saying that cutler is close to coleman means you've been smocking crack lately.He cant be compared with ronnie not even close.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only problem is that Jay took the Sandow before the greatest body to walk on Earth, Mr Ronald Dean Coleman.

If Jay competed against Dorian in the early 90's most of you wouldn't say "He is not what a Mr O should be", I'm pretty sure.

Once again, please don't compare Cutler to Ronnie anymore, in fact, you shouldn't compare Ronnie to anyone.

His hard work and attitude is almost unmatched. Levrone, Victor are/were GREAT bodybuilders with astonishing genetics, but they have NOT the work ethic Jay has. That's another reason why most of us admire this man.

TEAM CUTLER FOREVER.

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only problem is that Jay took the Sandow before the greatest body to walk on Earth, Mr Ronald Dean Coleman.

i agree with your post.but the thing is that in order to say the sport has evolved the new champ must be better than the previous one.there for many people are not satisfied with cutler taking the title because they see the sport going backwards instead of forward.

i admire cutler for his perseverance but not for his physique

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
someone did say: an image is worth a thousand words

img6094xigsxgvdxkli0-1.jpg

jay will never surpass ronnie, ronnie is ronnie and its the king, jay is jay, and its in the top for his effort, but mainly because the king quitted

jay is a weak king, yes, he is one of those persons who is always shadowed by someone better.. he cannot stand his ground against another genetically gifted guy like coleman who has mass and class, but he can stand his ground against victor who has more class than mass, and against wolf who has more mass than class

while another far superior genetically gifted MR o comes, he will be a transition king, like it or not

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
^victor was far more impressive than cutler lat year due to his superior conditioning over cutler...the only thing thats good with cutler's back is his width but its always watery and saying that cutler is close to coleman means you've been smocking crack lately.He cant be compared with ronnie not even close.

The only thing good on his back is his width? :49:
His back is one of the thickest out there :gtfoslap:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My thoughts are this:

A wise man you are. My thoughts exactly. No he shouldnt have won last year...I think this point has been made 100 times:dunnodude: But every year before that he was placed correctly. He was worthy of the title in 2006 and his physique well deserving of it.