• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bad form contests

P

Pain

VIP
Whats the point of an organization putting on a contest to see who can do the most reps with the worst form possible? I don't understand the purpose of this. Apprantely MAX is training for such a contest.

Discuss.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i dont get it? what are the contest guidelines for this event? form must be taken into consideration one way or another, 5 inch ROM is not considered a rep.

P

Pain

VIP
i dont get it? what are the contest guidelines for this event? form must be taken into consideration one way or another, 5 inch ROM is not considered a rep.

From my understanding, form doesnt matter, just the amount of reps you do. :uhoh2:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome. I can 150 press ups then.

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meh :uhoh2: Do the know max is on a banned substance

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
doesnt it says "quality not quantity" in his Sig :gaygay:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49: hilarious, I had no idea such a contest existed. I know many in my gym who should enter this contest

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
has anyone seen any of max's training videos? he uses some of the loopiest sloppiest form ever. remembering what he did off the last vid i saw i wouldnt be suprised if his "48" consecutive chinups were on a chin assisted machine where his bodyweight was set to 5kg.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The thread was about the contest of bad form contests in which Max is participating, not a thread to rip on Max.
The idea of him doing 48 full pull-ups is clearly not believable, but if they do not care about form then I can see anyone banging out 48 pull-ups. If such a contest exists I have no idea but I would go for a laugh for sure.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The thread was about the contest of bad form contests in which Max is participating, not a thread to rip on Max.
The idea of him doing 48 full pull-ups is clearly not believable, but if they do not care about form then I can see anyone banging out 48 pull-ups. If such a contest exists I have no idea but I would go for a laugh for sure.

but if we look at it through the transistive property then; shitty form pullup contests are stupid and silly, max is competeing in a shitty form pullup competition, therefore max is stupid and silly :2:

my logic is utterly infallible :gheyfight:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
but if we look at it through the transistive property then; shitty form pullup contests are stupid and silly, max is competeing in a shitty form pullup competition, therefore max is stupid and silly :2:

my logic is utterly infallible :gheyfight:

Laughing at the competition is far better than laughing at a person and insulting Max directly. That is something that we all did not like about jornT and then we go and do the same? Not good IMO, :dunnodude: but the idea of the comp is hilarious.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Laughing at the competition is far better than laughing at a person and insulting Max directly. That is something that we all did not like about jornT and then we go and do the same? Not good IMO, :dunnodude: but the idea of the comp is hilarious.

obviously the transitive property is not applicable here. this translates to a joke, not a direct insult.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
obviously the transitive property is not applicable here. this translates to a joke, not a direct insult.

A joke is you using a fan while doing your cardio you sissy :keke:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hmm... ive seen quite a bit of bad form in the gym
most of the guys try to go all out in how much weight they use
they tend to.... fack up, badly
then i do biceps, show em all form counts.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love watching people load up teh smith machines and doing half rep extreme lockout Bench presses while shaking, arching the back and shifting the legs in various positions