• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Word on Victor Martinez

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Official Word on Victor Martinez!
Written by Dave Palumbo
Saturday, 24 May 2008

Despite the rumors on various internet message boards, radio shows, or rival magazine websites; Victor Martinez spelled it out very clearly, during a stint on Muscular Development's NO BULL RADIO SHOW. He has NOT made a decision as to whether or not he'll enter the 2008 Mr. Olympia contest.

According to Martinez, "Robin Chang of AMI/WEIDER I told me I had to turn in my Olympia application. However, he said that if I didn't feel my body was up to it, I wouldn't be required to compete. As of right now, I have not decided one way or another."

When asked why FLEX writer Julian Schmidt quoted him as saying that he would most likely be doing the Olympia, Victor's response was short and to the point: "I never even talked to Julian. I don't know where that came from."

Whatever the reason why various conflicting reports have been circulating around the internet, the bottom line is that Victor's training is improving by the day and he's just looking forward to the day when he steps back onstage. Whether or not that will be in 18 weeks at the Mr. Olympia or sometime next year at the Arnold Classic, only time will tell!

Stay tuned for future official reports on Victor Martinez's return to the stage, only on MUSCULARDEVELOPMENT.com.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shouldn`t it be illegal for people to quote a person when he never even spoke to them ?

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He should make up his mind and commit and start serious training or wait for next year.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think he should do it if his knee can take the training, if it can't then obviously not.. but he should definitely know by now if he is or isn't.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he already signed his contract to compete in this years O. doesn't that legally bind him to sticking to his word and competeing? unless there's a clause in there that lets you get out of it if you look bad....

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a good thing to do from Victor. If it seems to be that he can't get in shape for the O he can always pass it and move it on to the ASC2009. He kinda leaves the backdoor open if things won't go as planned...

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I say theres not enough time, but hey, AC is a good time to go on stage again :)

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
he already signed his contract to compete in this years O. doesn't that legally bind him to sticking to his word and competeing? unless there's a clause in there that lets you get out of it if you look bad....

It said in the message that it didn't bind him to compete if he choosed not to

"According to Martinez, "Robin Chang of AMI/WEIDER I told me I had to turn in my Olympia application. However, he said that if I didn't feel my body was up to it, I wouldn't be required to compete. As of right now, I have not decided one way or another." "

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It said in the message that it didn't bind him to compete if he choosed not to

"According to Martinez, "Robin Chang of AMI/WEIDER I told me I had to turn in my Olympia application. However, he said that if I didn't feel my body was up to it, I wouldn't be required to compete. As of right now, I have not decided one way or another." "

it's "if he chose not to" or "if he chooses not to"
Damn Swede :no:

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How well do you speak swedish?
Din hynda :keke:
That won't help you in this case 'cause the main language in this board is....yes, english. :)

Whatever. I hope that Victor gets it all together and we'll see him on stage in top shape.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
AMI/Weider/Whoever make take a shot at him if he doesn't as they're obviously going to sink a good chunk of money into advertising the potential over-throw of Cutler. Still, this is bodybuilding. Many things can and have gone wrong during the course of several athletes' prep and have forced them from shows before. These men have also all signed contracts.

P

Pain

VIP
marketing for the O.

Yup, this years Olympia will all be about Victor's comeback. The times when everyone wanted Jay to win it is over(apart from Team Cutler), now everyone wants Victor to win.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Yup, this years Olympia will all be about Victor's comeback. The times when everyone wanted Jay to win it is over(apart from Team Cutler), now everyone wants Victor to win.

Its the new Cutler vs Coleman scenario IMO

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I agree...its human nature to cheer for the under dog. Most ppl want to see a champ dethroned.