• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

rear delt pain

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i asked this time ago, and nobody gave me a solution, nor i would expect it now, but with all the new members, i would like to know if anyone else is suffering this, or just tips to avoid it

the pain is in the rear delt just in the area which joins to the back, the pain comes mostly in dumbbell flies to work the lateral head of the shoulder, and sometimes doing shoulder presses i feel it unconfortable too

the pain comes in the negative phase, just when i start lowering the dumbbel, i got an MRI done last year and saw nothing..

im starting to notice the pain is more noticeable if i do this 2 exercices the day after back training..

any tips? anyone have this problem? exercices to ban for ever to not aggravate it?

btw im having some kind of extreme tissue massage in that area, it helped me a lot with my knee tendinitis and thought it could help me in the shoulder, am i in the right way?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Its your rotator cuff probably

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ just what i was thinking. I have the same problem from time to time and it is just my rotator cuff bugging on me. Usually this is when i take a deload week and avoid all exercises that bother it. I know the exact pain though, and it is very annoying. Do some rotator cuff exercises every day and lay off the direct work that causes pain and that should help!

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah thx, you said something very important, "I have the same problem from time to time"

well, time to go with some rotations, thx guys

what about deadlifts? could they bug the rotator cuff too?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
yeah thx, you said something very important, "I have the same problem from time to time"

well, time to go with some rotations, thx guys

what about deadlifts? could they bug the rotator cuff too?

It doesn't for me atleast

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deadlifts of any sort dont seem to bug mine at all either.

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deadlifts of any sort dont seem to bug mine at all either.

maybe psicological, but this week i felt that little tendom/muscle that bugs me up with deadlifts and shrugs

time to rest a bit..

any list of well known banned exercices when you have weak rotator cuff?