• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath's first Olympia, predications!

Mr.Olympia 2008

Mr.Olympia 2008

The fastest growing star in the world of professional bodybuilding will be making his Mr.Olympia debut this year. He has already proven to be a serious contender for the title by winning consecutive pro shows early on in his career. Can he surprise everyone and make top 3? Maybe even winning? Make your predications!

Phil Heath's track record:

2008 - IFBB ARNOLD CLASSIC - Runner-Up
2008 - IFBB IRONMAN PRO - Winner
2007 - IFBB ARNOLD CLASSIC - Fifth Place
2006 - IFBB New York Pro - Winner
2006 - IFBB Colorado Pro - Winner
2005 - NPC USA - Overall Champion
2005 - NPC Jr. Nationals' - Overall Champion

rkvafn-1.jpg

ekjgw8-1.jpg

afilup-1.jpg

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top 5 for sure.Top 3 would be awesome and i think he can do it!!Unless Jay gives him wrong advices:p

shredded08

shredded08

3rd or 4th...depending on if victor competes and what kind of improvements dennis wolf has made

Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3-5th hard to guess yet.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I fucking love the color and "texture" of Phil's muscles in those pictures. Top five indeed.

Pinhead

Pinhead

If Phils nails the condition( as always...) I think second or third place would be awesome. Then again Wolf is a serious threath to everybody in top 3.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say that 5th is pretty darn close guess (if Victor is in). If Victor is out Phil might be even 4th.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he comes in his Ironman condition with the same size or even a few lbs more there is no reason why he could not place in the top 3. I could even see him winning if the man he has to beat is Cutler, yes Cutler is much larger but with Heaths size, condition and shape/aesthetics I do not see it being far from reality. But if Vic couldn't beat an out of shape Cutler, then I see Heath placing as high as 2nd or 3rd.
I am also looking forward to seeing the re-match between Dexter and Heath, with better lighting I am hoping that the judges see that Heath is indeed better than Dex. (but that is just my personal opinion)

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If he comes in his Ironman condition with the same size or even a few lbs more there is no reason why he could not place in the top 3. I could even see him winning if the man he has to beat is Cutler, yes Cutler is much larger but with Heaths size, condition and shape/aesthetics I do not see it being far from reality. But if Vic couldn't beat an out of shape Cutler, then I see Heath placing as high as 2nd or 3rd.
I am also looking forward to seeing the re-match between Dexter and Heath, with better lighting I am hoping that the judges see that Heath is indeed better than Dex. (but that is just my personal opinion)

I agree Phil is better than Dex... and should be interesting to see how the judges see it at the O compared to the Arnold. Wolf and Heath are my top 3 with Cutler.

Honestly i think Heath is the future...if he keeps progressing the way he has so far its inevitable that he will become Mr.O in the next 2-3 years. I think he has the overall package with no real weak bodyparts. He just needs to add alittle more size (240-245).

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He just needs to add alittle more size (240-245).

ronnie max was 290, and jay's max was 280 lb, i would consider a great step backwards a new championg weighting 245..

but yes, im a fan of massmonsters :uhoh2:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ronnie max was 290, and jay's max was 280 lb, i would consider a great step backwards a new championg weighting 245..

but yes, im a fan of massmonsters :uhoh2:

True, but he would not look good with that much weight. Besides with his structure and small joints, 240-245 will look like 280-ish on a bigger guy.

T

tobyhake

not everyone has to be 280 to look good, phil could win it at 240 and have a much better overall package than jay but it will take time,this year i see him 3rd to 5th.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
if he puts more thickness on his chest.. and more width on his back.. and comes in his trademark condition then definately top 5! cant wait to see it!!!!

bb4life

bb4life

I'd say 5th if Victor's in. Jay, Vic, Dex should place ahead of him. It will be a battle between him and Dennis and Kai. Kai may be able to overtake him, but I doubt it. Dennis will be an interesting match up for him. Pretty stacked Olympia in my opinion

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
top 5 for sure, he is put together so well everything just matches up, huge arms and great legs :)