• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Cheap vs expensive supplements

A

Achilles

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is there really a difference. For example take some protein supps. Are the expensive ones really better than the cheaper ones?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends but usually the expensive supplements are expensive because of the advertising/endorsement dollars spent on them. Thus they can charge more and ppl will still buy them because so and so uses them etc. Even though there the same if not shittier than some cheaper alternatives.

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Some products are more expensive because of the cost of the ingredents and some just because of the money spent to hype the product. In some cases the greater cost is justified and in some cases it is not:xyxthumbs:

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

I believe higher priced protein powders do make a difference. Compare the supplement facts and the bargain might actually be the more expensive product. Also most of the cheaper ones tend to taste like crap and make you feel like the Goodyear blimp. Stuff like multi vitamins don't seem to make much of a difference IMO.

I agree some of the higher priced whey that are isolates can be better than some of the cheaper ones but I find ON whey to be a very good one at a somewhat reasonable price:xyxthumbs: