• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dorian Yates Vs Flex Wheeler(Olympia 1993)

Who should have won?

• Total voters
Z

Zoknat

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Picture of the 1993 Olympia, Dorian Yates vs Flex Wheeler!
1993mrolympia36cu8-1.jpg

1993mrolympia27kq7-1.jpg

1993mrolympia26jt3-1.jpg

1993mrolympia12tv3-1.jpg

1993mrolympia11gu9-1.jpg

1993mrolympia9gh5-1.jpg

1993mrolympia10ww3-1.jpg

667qr8-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dorian...there pretty close condition wise (i still give the edge to Yates) but the thickness and overall muscle on Dorian gets him the crown over flex IMO

S

scR

Although it was the second flex's best contest shape, there's not a single point where Wheeler overtakes Dorian. Yates was making Flex looked like a kid right there and his condition was just ridiculous, far ahead of FW. In my mind it was a combination of size and condition that no other white man have shown in bb.

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man Dorian had a truly massive side tri too.Crazy. Dorian has "every" muscle, whereas Flex lacks calves.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
A very close match but I just give it to Dorian...

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly, Dorian was the biggest hype and crappy physique (now we have Cutler to take his place). Yes his work ethic was astounding and his conditioning was exceptional... but structurally how the hell does someone with such an ugly physique beat someone like Flex among many others he didn't deserve to beat? It baffles me that this many even won this Mr O let alone the five after :no:

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex, because I prefer his body. Dorian might be bigger, but his structure (as Braaq mentioned) is not appealing to me.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
no contest as far as im concerned... Flex all th way

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly, Dorian was the biggest hype and crappy physique (now we have Cutler to take his place). Yes his work ethic was astounding and his conditioning was exceptional... but structurally how the hell does someone with such an ugly physique beat someone like Flex among many others he didn't deserve to beat? It baffles me that this many even won this Mr O let alone the five after :no:

his shape isn't THAT bad though i agree i favor the more aesthetic look in wheeler. you have to remeber the mandate that now awards a dramtic V taper and scores against distended guts was not in effect when Yates was winning. he was the biggest and did have some of the best conditioning.

although it's not like the mandate is being enforced now anyway, the most glaring example being our olympia champion :no:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bb4life

bb4life

totally agree

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

now that's a real judge, agree 100% :2:

formaldeide

formaldeide

Dorian lower back,glutes,hams,calves > flex

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Close one here ,but i think dorian takes it and i am not even a Yates fan.Shame that after that Olympia Flex seemed to look at his best in ACs and some smaller shows.He never really nailed his condition at the Olympias again.98 Flex looked good ,but he was better at AC in that year..

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes Flex has what most people would consider to be a more classic look but this was Dorian's best ever year. His sheer mass without the gut (which became more evident in later years), and grainy condition just blew everyone away that year. I know his later injury aflicted years are controversial but this year was resolutely his. Even the competitors on stage with him that year have been quoted as saying as much. Flex looks fantastic and if Dorian hadn't have been at this condition then it may have been a different story.

D

d.capodiferro

mass always wins!
go yates, go ronnie, go cutler! (go wolf, if he becomes what he's expected to)

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this time yates won fairly

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Front double biceps: Flex
Front lat spread: Tie
Side chest: Tie