• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Foods to eat when bulking

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

My weight gain has started to stall and I'm sure it has something to do with my nutrition.
so can anyone help me out with some foods that I should consistently be eating while trying to add weight?
I currently eat a lot of beef and chicken, baked potatoes, and broccoli

KCharger9

KCharger9

I would eat some chipotle if ure a hardgainer and having some difficulties.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i prefer healthy foods, good fats and low glycemic carbs, and clean sources of protein, nuts.

Its does matter what u eat but what is even more important is how much you eat.

your bodyweight and metabolism have an effect on how people answer your question so please tell us some info about you.

God Bless
Ben

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude eat alot of pasta!!! that help me gain alot, right now im eating alot of pastA and meat and alot of those bubba burgers!! haha those are really helping me, if your naturally skinny(like i used to be lol) then eat ass much as you can, alot of baked potatoes, cheat bro go get a tub of ice cream get those calories in!! good luck.

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Protein shakes in between meals really help.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

Im a meso/ectomorph
I'm weighing around 165 now I've gained about 15-20 pounds in 8 weeks but I've been stuck there since like 3-4 weeks ago
and I currently drink creatine
I workout for an 1 and a half a day have a 30 minute break then I have 2-2 and a half hours of american football practice

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
foods you should eat when bulking

everytime you eat, you should have at least one animal product.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Rolled oats were the main my main source of carbs when I was bulking.

P

Pain

VIP
Im a meso/ectomorph
I'm weighing around 165 now I've gained about 15-20 pounds in 8 weeks but I've been stuck there since like 3-4 weeks ago
and I currently drink creatine
I workout for an 1 and a half a day have a 30 minute break then I have 2-2 and a half hours of american football practice

Sounds like you have a very busy day, this would really speed up your metabolism. Just keep eating as much as you can, aslong as its not fast food for every meail. Don't get forced into gaining weight by doing drugs.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

yeah I wouldn't ever get on the gear until I was 21+
it's not worth it to use gear so young and mess up your natural self and plus I'm young enough that I still have high levels of test because I'm only 17

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah I wouldn't ever get on the gear until I was 21+
it's not worth it to use gear so young and mess up your natural self and plus I'm young enough that I still have high levels of test because I'm only 17

take some NO thats some good stuff, and stuff your face!! you'll be fine, keep your motivation up!! and train hard.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To gain weight you have to add calories and keep them in your diet on a daily basis bro. Write your meal plan out so i can see what you eat daily and then i can add food to it.

What is gonna make the weight come is a higher caloric in take on a consistent basis.

God Bless
Ben

warpig

warpig

have two pb and j sandwiches and a protein shake before you go to bed

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when bulking u should determine ur calorie needs and then eat 500-750 cals more than that. get in atleast one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. around 3 g of carbs per pound and enough solid fats from sources like fatty fish and almonds and lamb.

i would say u shouldnt eat much differently from when ur on a diet except eat more of everything. obviously when bulking u can allow urself to cheat from time to time, but u shouldnt go overboard and just stuff urself to the point where u gain excess bodyfat.

stick with the carbs that gives u gains. Oatmeal is great, brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain bread, red beans and tons of veggies. for protein take in sources like tuna, chicken, beef, eggs(whole) and a solid whey protein supplement. if u eat 6-10 whole eggs a day ull get in enough fat, but taking in omega 3 and almonds on top of that is great. aim for 30-40 g of protein per meal and 60-80 g of carbs, and try to consume 5-6 meals a day.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds to me like you need to keep a food log.

I will guarantee that you are not actually eating that much (relative to energy expenditure, and baseline metabolism). But you do not want to massively increase your caloric intake (500 cals max).

I agree with BigBen that good food is the only food to be eaten.

I disagree with the needing animal protein at every meal; it is the easier option but unnecessary. You just need a complete amino acid profile in the foods.

The practice of massive weight fluctuations has been shown to be very unhealthy, especially long term. Gradual lean gains are better, easier to maintain, and rule out traditional bulking cycles.

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

try snacking on trail mix between meals, it should add some extra carbs and wont fill u up too much that your gonna wanna skip a meal

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds to me like you need to keep a food log.

I will guarantee that you are not actually eating that much (relative to energy expenditure, and baseline metabolism). But you do not want to massively increase your caloric intake (500 cals max).

I agree with BigBen that good food is the only food to be eaten.

I disagree with the needing animal protein at every meal; it is the easier option but unnecessary. You just need a complete amino acid profile in the foods.

The practice of massive weight fluctuations has been shown to be very unhealthy, especially long term. Gradual lean gains are better, easier to maintain, and rule out traditional bulking cycles.

what other foods contain a complete amino acid profile besides animal protein?i used to eat lots of soy but i've been told that is not a good as animal protein when your aiming to gain muscle.

i agree that you must avoid ultra bulkings a guy from my gym what eating all kinds of shit to gain weight and when he went to a blood exam the triglycerides where much higher than normal

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what other foods contain a complete amino acid profile besides animal protein?i used to eat lots of soy but i've been told that is not a good as animal protein when your aiming to gain muscle.

i agree that you must avoid ultra bulkings a guy from my gym what eating all kinds of shit to gain weight and when he went to a blood exam the triglycerides where much higher than normal
If it doesn't have a complete essential amino acid profile (i.e. not animal protein) then you have to combine foods with the missing aminos. Not exactly rocket science, but does require you to think about what you are doing (which is why vegetarians and vegans are often regarded as unhealthy and lacking energy, a lot don't get the balance right).

I think that the traditional bulking phases are just plain stupid. Defeats the purpose of all your hard work to put on muscle. :ugh: