• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mutlivitamin Advice

anaboliod

anaboliod

Does any one know a good mutli without Vitamin A?? I can't find any muti's without it:dunnodude: I believe I'm searching for something that doesn't exist..if am what vitamins are important in a multi besides B vitamins?? Someplease help me out!!

My reasoning is because I had a dermatologist appointment this morning for my acne and got prescribed acutane, which is a derivative of vitamin A. The doc said if I take a multi with Vit A then I could get too much of a fat soluble vitamin causing diarrhea, nausea, etc. not too mention it would diminish the effect of the acutane. So my other question is, is the acutane worth it? should I just take an antibiotic like minocyclin or tetracyclin and continue with my multi? or should I just take a B complex and the acutane?? Please let me know you opinions! Anything will help!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dont take acutane bro! Your complexion is no where near that bad. Get a good antibiotic instead. Acutane works but it will dry the hell out of your skin and your joints. Take my advice on this one brother...

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Acutane or "rat-sak" as we used to call it in school is fucking awful. It dries your skin up something awful, causes jock-rot, etc and can really affect you psychologically as well causing depression. It fucked my little bro over big time.

anaboliod

anaboliod

ya man it dried my joints out so bad i dislocated my shoulder and im not very injury prone at all, i've got about 2 months left then i'm done with this shit!

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn that sounds awful, Id rather have a few pimples then whatever "jock-rot" is or a dislocated shoulder

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First off I wouldn't take accutane given the listed side effects:

Clinical Trials and Postmarketing Surveillance

The adverse reactions listed below reflect the experience from investigational studies of Accutane (isotretinoin) , and the postmarketing experience. The relationship of some of these events to Accutane (isotretinoin) therapy is unknown. Many of the side effects and adverse reactions seen in patients receiving Accutane (isotretinoin) are similar to those described in patients taking very high doses of vitamin A (dryness of the skin and mucous membranes, eg, of the lips, nasal passage, and eyes).
Dose Relationship

Cheilitis and hypertriglyceridemia are usually dose related. Most adverse reactions reported in clinical trials were reversible when therapy was discontinued; however, some persisted after cessation of therapy (see WARNINGS and ADVERSE REACTIONS).
Body as a Whole

allergic reactions, including vasculitis, systemic hypersensitivity (see PRECAUTIONS: Hypersensitivity), edema, fatigue, lymphadenopathy, weight loss
Cardiovascular

palpitation, tachycardia, vascular thrombotic disease, stroke
Endocrine/Metabolic

hypertriglyceridemia (see WARNINGS: Lipids), alterations in blood sugar levels (see PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests)
Gastrointestinal

inflammatory bowel disease (see WARNINGS: Inflammatory Bowel Disease), hepatitis (see WARNINGS: Hepatotoxicity), pancreatitis (see WARNINGS: Lipids), bleeding and inflammation of the gums, colitis, esophagitis/esophageal ulceration, ileitis, nausea, other nonspecific gastrointestinal symptoms
Hematologic

allergic reactions (see PRECAUTIONS: Hypersensitivity), anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, rare reports of agranulocytosis (see PATIENT INFORMATION). See PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests for other hematological parameters.
Musculoskeletal

skeletal hyperostosis, calcification of tendons and ligaments, premature epiphyseal closure, decreases in bone mineral density (see WARNINGS: Skeletal), musculoskeletal symptoms (sometimes severe) including back pain, myalgia, and arthralgia (see PATIENT INFORMATION), transient pain in the chest (see PATIENT INFORMATION ), arthritis, tendonitis, other types of bone abnormalities, elevations of CPK/rare reports of rhabdomyolysis (see PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests).
Neurological

pseudotumor cerebri (see WARNINGS: Pseudotumor Cerebri), dizziness, drowsiness, headache, insomnia, lethargy, malaise, nervousness, paresthesias, seizures, stroke, syncope, weakness
Psychiatric

suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, suicide, depression, psychosis, aggression, violent behaviors (see WARNINGS: Psychiatric Disorders), emotional instability

Of the patients reporting depression, some reported that the depression subsided with discontinuation of therapy and recurred with reinstitution of therapy.
Reproductive System

abnormal menses
Respiratory

bronchospasms (with or without a history of asthma), respiratory infection, voice alteration
Skin and Appendages

acne fulminans, alopecia (which in some cases persists), bruising, cheilitis (dry lips), dry mouth, dry nose, dry skin, epistaxis, eruptive xanthomas,7 erythema multiforme, flushing, fragility of skin, hair abnormalities, hirsutism, hyperpigmentation and hypopigmentation, infections (including disseminated herpes simplex), nail dystrophy, paronychia, peeling of palms and soles, photoallergic/photosensitizing reactions, pruritus, pyogenic granuloma, rash (including facial erythema, seborrhea, and eczema), Stevens-Johnson syndrome, sunburn susceptibility increased, sweating, toxic epidermal necrolysis, urticaria, vasculitis (including Wegener's granulomatosis; see PRECAUTIONS: Hypersensitivity), abnormal wound healing (delayed healing or exuberant granulation tissue with crusting; see PATIENT INFORMATION)
Special Senses

Hearing - hearing impairment (see WARNINGS: Hearing Impairment), tinnitus.

Vision- corneal opacities (see WARNINGS: Corneal Opacities), decreased night vision which may persist (see WARNINGS: Decreased Night Vision), cataracts, color vision disorder, conjunctivitis, dry eyes, eyelid inflammation, keratitis, optic neuritis, photophobia, visual disturbances
Urinary System

glomerulonephritis (see PRECAUTIONS: Hypersensitivity), nonspecific urogenital findings (see PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests for other urological parameters)
Laboratory

Elevation of plasma triglycerides (see WARNINGS: Lipids), decrease in serum high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels, elevations of serum cholesterol during treatment

Increased alkaline phosphatase, SGOT (AST), SGPT (ALT), GGTP or LDH (see WARNINGS: Hepatotoxicity)

Elevation of fasting blood sugar, elevations of CPK (see PRECAUTIONS: Laboratory Tests), hyperuricemia

Decreases in red blood cell parameters, decreases in white blood cell counts (including severe neutropenia and rare reports of agranulocytosis; see PATIENT INFORMATION), elevated sedimentation rates, elevated platelet counts, thrombocytopenia

White cells in the urine, proteinuria, microscopic or gross hematuria

Read the Accutane (isotretinoin) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects

Secondly please explain why the side effects doesn't list joint lubrication and shoulder disslocation. How did you quantitatively measure the amount of synovial fluid in the joint?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude, do not use accutane! i used it here is exactly what will happen. You will be clear when u take and and break out exactly how u were or worse after words. i have heard of very few cases that the people who clear up on accutane actually stay clear. A much better alternative would be to topically block the androgens that are binding to your skin. If you do this topically it wont effect any of your hormones internaly, but will have a good effect on the skin.

If you can shell out the dough for accutane then you have enough money for a topical treatment you can buy online called "clearogen"

I love the stuff. It works on all kinds of acne, even valgarus, in that case i would apply the lotion 3 times a day.

Google clearogen, you will be far better off.

To tim:

The accutane does really dry up everything, and it does effect protein synthesis negatively. Sore muscles are terrible when you take accutane. I know from personal experience. I dont know if it made him dislocate his shoulder, it might be in some way related to joint integrity but the dried up joints are a reality on accutane.

God bless
Ben

EDIT:

Bro get a vegetable juicer and juice apples in the morning and then later in the day juice pineapple and grapefruits together, thats a pretty full spectrum of vitamins and minerals and you dont have any vitamin A in it, at least not a lot.

If you do decide to do this, peel the grapefruit like you would a carrot with a veggie peeler. leave the white part thats all yr vitamins. Also dont juice the point stalk of the pineapple, but you can juice the pineapples skin if you like.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I took accutane, it helped. i didint have any outbursts afterwards tho.
i took it when i was i think 12-13?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So Ben what you are saying is that it does what exactly?

Being lean and dehydrated decreases the viscosity of synovial fluid and long term reduces its production. We don't see people saying don't get lean, most here are aiming to do it. As for the shoulder disslocation; reading the list of side effects I can see at least two that are more likely to predispose a shoulder disslocation. Neither of these is a physiological effect rather the physcological effects.

Also why I don't disagree with the fruit and vege juice being a good thing, it isn't a cure all. Plus you should be getting more than enough vitamins and minerals (and better fibre) from whole foods (including fruits and veges) to not need to replace or supplement them with juices.