• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Backserscise

anaboliod

anaboliod

I have very female child bearing wide ass hips that give me a nice H-taper. I've been doing wide grip pull ups, wide grip lat pull downs, try and keep my grip as wide as I can on bent rows but what else can I do to work on getting a legit V-taper??

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wide grip pulldowns and chins are whats gonna really widen the lats. barbell rows with wide grip is not a preference for me,i prefer a closer grip and use that as an exercise to focus on front to back lat thickness. u could try pullovers in a machine, i know some guys whos gotten more pronounced lats from it.

what u should do though is focus ur routine on ur weakpoint imo. do back thickness on one day and width on the other. so the first day go something like this maybe

deads
barbell rows
dumbell rows

and then the next workout u focus on width solely:

chins
pulldowns
pullovers

also dont neglect shoulder training, focus on building the lateral heads, thats also crucial for a nice v-taper...

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is little you can do other than the obvious. But if it's your hips rather than your midsection which is wide then building your legs up will put it more into proportion. There is nothing to stop you keeping a tight midsection and improving your lat width to give you the V-taper you look for.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Forget the wide grip on bb rows,that dont do much for you.Also remember that more is not better when training a weak body part/parts.Keep adding muscle to your body..i dont think your yet in the situation when its time to focus too much on "weak bodyparts" when just basic approach to your training and nutrition is the key.Keep training and consider your every bodypart as a weakness..

anaboliod

anaboliod

Bulk Boy- I've split my work outs to do a heavy back day-pull ups, pull downs, T-bar, DB rows on light days unilateral cable rows, pull ups, and wide grip cable rows, And I'm buying a weighted belt for pull ups tomrrow-Thank you for all the feedback!
Rocky-The V-taper i'm only concerned about for competions so i'll be very conditioned, I just lack the small waste most bodybuilders have. I have been working hard on my legs and back doing them both twice a week!
LionHeart-Thank you very much for the encouragement I realize I need work every where but lack of Vtaper is what cost me on my comps.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I would say start trying out one arm rows making sure you pull the weight to your hip rather than straight up as many people assume is the correct form
also I would say to try and go do some Dorian Lat pulls as the extra involvement of biceps can help so that you could add more weight
and I'm a firm believer that if you gain size you will also gain width so I would also try and add in old school olympic bar t-bar rows

anaboliod

anaboliod

Wrestling lion-those sound great could you explain or a send a link for dorian lat pulls as well as the olympic t bars? I would love to try these lifts! Thank you for the tips on the one arm rows as well I will keep close attention to my form!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The T-bars that we do are olympic T-bars. And I can show you the Dorian style nug.