• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Took my heart rate,pulse etc at wal-mart

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
at the end it said
pulse 71
and systolic pressure 142

is that bad?
cus i read the thing on there
said 140+ for systolic pressure is hypersomecrap..

Reactions: TalkAdmin
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that resting heartrate is excellent. however your systolic number does indicate mild hypertension. nothing to worry about though most people who have a lot of muscular weight tend to have "bad" blood pressure. if you have bigger than 15" arms though those machines claim their reading will not be accurate. most people have shitty arms and the machine is only made if i remeber correctly for like a 9"-14" arm and i'm guessing your arms are bigger so this may have clouded the reading :dunnodude:

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I dont think its anything to worry about, but you might want to check it out.
Cause its a little high. Last time I checked I had 57 in pulse and my bloodpressure was 130/110, thats high also. My Blood pressure is high because of stress since my mother died, never had high bloodpressure before. So it might be something as "simple" as stress?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^were you like on xanex or something when you had that heart rate checked lol?? sheesh that is really really low. especially for someone who weighs over 200lbs.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
^^were you like on xanex or something when you had that heart rate checked lol?? sheesh that is really really low. especially for someone who weighs over 200lbs.

You dont have to be "on" something just to have a low pulse. If you are cardiovascular fit your pulse will go down. When I played hockey my pulse was in the high 30 or low 40s after 10-15min of rest in a quite room. And 55-60 just standing there.
Take a look at different athletes in different sports and you will find that most of them have a really low resting heart rate. 10-15 years ago there was a long distance skier called Gunde Svan here in sweden, his resting heartrate was under 30 (Check it if you like...) And after 15min in a dark quite room I once had 37 when I played hockey, (not saying I would have now).

I just dont get it....every single time there is something not so common "people" jump with their ass in first and ask what are you taking and how much of it?? :hyperguy:
Or were you just out to pick a fight as you tend to do?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Hypo, these numbers change drastically throughout the course of an average day so it's impossible to tell, without knowing your activities to a T, how exactly to read them. This is why, as per standard, heart rate is checked before one even gets out of bed in the morning. Also, blood pressure fluctuates greatly due to several different factors; it's not the easiest measurement to take either.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hypo, these numbers change drastically throughout the course of an average day so it's impossible to tell, without knowing your activities to a T, how exactly to read them. This is why, as per standard, heart rate is checked before one even gets out of bed in the morning. Also, blood pressure fluctuates greatly due to several different factors; it's not the easiest measurement to take either.

Yup, it says that on the machine too. Also the arm size is a good reasoning too. When my arm fit in the machine it would be off because its not made for an arm thats bigger than normal.

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^What they said.

But when measuring the systolic and diastolic, the one to watch is the diastolic. Heart-rate really doesn't matter unless you are trying to hit and maintain a certain level while doing cardio, but most newer treadmills, stairmasters, eliptical, or climbing machines will have a heart-rate monitor on it somewhere. Everyone in my family has high blood pressure. So far I'm the only one who doesn't have rediculously high numbers in that department.

R

rick ramirezsublime

:xyxthumbs:I am so amazed by the amount of educated and logical responses that people offer on this board!!! I am so profoundly honored to be a member of this community. Hypo86, my advice would be to have it checked again. no telling how many people used that machine, and it just may be a piece of crap!

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It could also be that some one is running havoc and the machine is to small of course and all the other stuff every one said. :wutyousay:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You dont have to be "on" something just to have a low pulse. If you are cardiovascular fit your pulse will go down. When I played hockey my pulse was in the high 30 or low 40s after 10-15min of rest in a quite room. And 55-60 just standing there.
Take a look at different athletes in different sports and you will find that most of them have a really low resting heart rate. 10-15 years ago there was a long distance skier called Gunde Svan here in sweden, his resting heartrate was under 30 (Check it if you like...) And after 15min in a dark quite room I once had 37 when I played hockey, (not saying I would have now).

I just dont get it....every single time there is something not so common "people" jump with their ass in first and ask what are you taking and how much of it?? :hyperguy:
Or were you just out to pick a fight as you tend to do?

um i'm not questioning your resting rate. i was just commenting that that seemed very low for someone well over 200lbs and with relatively high BF%. the xanax remark was a joke :wutyousay:, considering it is illegal if you don't have a prescription for it. do you even know what xanax is? if you do, why the hell did you take offense to that? :dunnodude:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wouldnt worry too much about it hypo. Everyone gave good responses above. 71 is not a really low pulse at all though. It is in a healthy range but most people that are in good cardiovascular shape are in the 40's or 50's. The Havoc will certainly cause a short term increase in BP as well.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
okay, thanks guys
im doing mild to moderate cardio 2 to 3 days a week
last nite i did cardio for 32mins got 192cals burned
ive been feeling a bid lethargic or w/e lately too, and i finished my last Havoc cap. going to start the Novedex Xt tonight, and i'll also
check my blood pressure again. my dad told me 142 for sys, is for people his age lol. i was like "daaaamn"
im making sure, cus i thought it was something severe..
Line - thanks, also. , my arm barely fit in the thing,
i had to squeeze it in a bit. but it still continued the test
thanks alot guys for the Input

and DA dont mind Duality, hes acting like that cus of the steroids :spy:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed with what everyone else has said thus far.

I would disagree with beefcake though about heart rate not mattering, it is certainly adventageous to have a lower resting heartrate, to an extent, for health purposes.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks IS, i also was kind've mad, enraged cus of the people there
i don't do well in crowded places, my pulse increases, i freak out.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
okay, thanks guys
im doing mild to moderate cardio 2 to 3 days a week
last nite i did cardio for 32mins got 192cals burned
ive been feeling a bid lethargic or w/e lately too, and i finished my last Havoc cap. going to start the Novedex Xt tonight, and i'll also
check my blood pressure again. my dad told me 142 for sys, is for people his age lol. i was like "daaaamn"
im making sure, cus i thought it was something severe..
Line - thanks, also. , my arm barely fit in the thing,
i had to squeeze it in a bit. but it still continued the test
thanks alot guys for the Input

and DA dont mind Duality, hes acting like that cus of the steroids :spy:

lol acting like what? i completely fail to see how anything i said was confrontational :dunnodude:

you've been talking to braaq haven't you? whatever you heard, it isn't true :spy:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol acting like what? i completely fail to see how anything i said was confrontational :dunnodude:

you've been talking to braaq haven't you? whatever you heard, it isn't true :spy:

He tells me things :jerkoff1: