• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

japan legally limits waistline

Gumby51cm

Gumby51cm

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck that. 33.5 inches is kinda small......i would be fucked.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting, it is extreme but I am curious to see how it works.

skid9832004

skid9832004

i just found it i didnt read it yet i just put it on here so you guys can read it

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It doesn't really amount to much, despite the way the article phrases it.
All it means is that a doctor can measure your waist and tell you to go on a diet if he thinks you're overweight. Doctors would probably get sued for trying that here. A few prefectures will go along with it for awhile, and sooner or later the Diet will take it down.

Like all things in Japan, it will probably blown through quickly, once people realize how ridiculous it is.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think something like that wouldn't be a bad idea (perhaps based on BMI or something instead).
I heard that either in the UK or US they are going to start financially rewardig people to lose weight. How fucked up is that. Rewardin people to look after their health and limit the drain on the government and the health service.
They should penalize the fat cunts that can't stop eating.

"Sorry sir, you can't have that corrective heart surgery because you didn't stop eating despite all the warnings to the contrary, I'm afraid you're fucked"

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think something like that wouldn't be a bad idea (perhaps based on BMI or something instead).
I heard that either in the UK or US they are going to start financially rewardig people to lose weight. How fucked up is that. Rewardin people to look after their health and limit the drain on the government and the health service.
They should penalize the fat cunts that can't stop eating.

"Sorry sir, you can't have that corrective heart surgery because you didn't stop eating despite all the warnings to the contrary, I'm afraid you're fucked"

I agree, like those girls who sued Mc donlads, but knew that eating there every day the same thing, would get them fat,. it was there fault.
if its making you gain weight, DONT EAT IT.
simple.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
punishing people who do not meet the physical standards of what the government deems ideal?

hmmmm......I'm not sure, but I think this has been done before....

Last edited by a moderator:
German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wonder if my grandpa is in that picture:linedrunk:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is hardly nazi esque my God their just giving incentive for people to lose weight. the United States should implement something like this as we are clearly the fattest nation.

however 33.5" is asking to much imo that's pretty lean. a more reasonable measurement would be 36". people don't need to be necessarily "lean" just not fat.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is hardly nazi esque my God their just giving incentive for people to lose weight. the United States should implement something like this as we are clearly the fattest nation.

however 33.5" is asking to much imo that's pretty lean. a more reasonable measurement would be 36". people don't need to be necessarily "lean" just not fat.

Richard Simmons might have a job opening for ya. :carduindisguise

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
you can't change people's mindset by force. wanting to improve the overall health of your nation is great, but doing so through punishment and penalties is completely asinine.

if we as Americans want to help curb the obesity problem, we should improve the education that children are receiving in schools in regards to health. that'd be a start. hell, it wouldn't be bad if they made recess 2 hours long. (since thats everyones favorite part of school anyway) :wutyousay:

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think everyone is reading into this WAY to much.

Japan always gets sensationalist media attention in the West for what seems like wacky ideas. In practice, it's always less than what you'd imagine. Didn't you guys read the whole report? The last old guy mentioned in the article wasn't even going to show up for his exam. I'll bet $50 this doesn't affect ANY of the elderly I know there, and I know plenty of fat old Japanese men.

:)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We need to inject kids from birth with HGH STEROIS AND INSULIN TO PREVENT SUCH A TRAAGEDY.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wanna see something really crazy about Japan? People die every year doing this.

Danjiri Matsuri

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you can't change people's mindset by force. wanting to improve the overall health of your nation is great, but doing so through punishment and penalties is completely asinine.

if we as Americans want to help curb the obesity problem, we should improve the education that children are receiving in schools in regards to health. that'd be a start. hell, it wouldn't be bad if they made recess 2 hours long. (since thats everyones favorite part of school anyway) :wutyousay:

true. but i find nothing wrong with japan dolling out monetary fines for those who refuse to open their minds and practice healthier living. i have no pity for those who are in terrible shape and they are perfectly capable of excercise and healthier eating habits.

and a financial insentive to change is the only way people who care nothing for their health will take this seriously, how are these said penlaties "asinine"? the place where everyone feels the biggest hit is in their pocketbooks, this in turn could force one to practice healthier habits.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and here i was thinking Tech knew better :no:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
true. but i find nothing wrong with japan dolling out monetary fines for those who refuse to open their minds and practice healthier living. i have no pity for those who are in terrible shape and they are perfectly capable of excercise and healthier eating habits.

and a financial insentive to change is the only way people who care nothing for their health will take this seriously, how are these said penlaties "asinine"? the place where everyone feels the biggest hit is in their pocketbooks, this in turn could force one to practice healthier habits.
simply put, it's discrimination.

in a free society, you have to allow people to make their own decisions. if they want to be unhealthy and fat, then so be it.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

taking away peoples freedom to do as they please? wow bro? this coming from a "Christian" i think you should really re-think this statement, even though i agree in some regard that North America is very very out of shape, you cant make people do anything they do not want to do or desire to do on their own.. some people are actually quite happy being overweight and wont change that for the world.. who are you to tell them what size their waist should be? check yourself dude.