• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Johnnie Jackson is going to compete at National Powerlifting championship

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From his website "I will competing at the United States Powerlifting Federation National Championships June 28-29, in Warwick Rhode Island at the Airport Sheraton. I'll be entering the 275lb weight class and attempting a 600lb bench press and a 900lb deadlift.

I will will be doing the Europa Pro and Atlantic City after that, with the Olympi to follow.

I am currently doing a camp with my church in Hurst Texas the entire month of June. It's the Mercy Seat Military Academy for troubled kids ages 12 to 18."

Source: http://www.johnnieojackson.com/

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow. i have great respect for him. powerlifting is an awesome sport and to top it off he is also a top level pro. good for him. i hope he flat out wins.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
600 bench and 900 deadlift, awesome, hope he'll be successful, i wish him best of luck :)

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's some real power right there.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet he would scare the shit out of those "troubled kids" haha

tp_88

tp_88

Can't wait to see what he can do this weekend!

I really admire that he is involved with projects like the camp he is doing right now. :xyxthumbs:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sweet. i hope he nails all of the lifts.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep, hope he does well.

It might look funny when a guy that muscular (and tight) is on stage with those "fat" guys.

tp_88

tp_88

Yep, hope he does well.

It might look funny when a guy that muscular (and tight) is on stage with those "fat" guys.
There will probably be guys harder then Johnnie doing that meet, not all powerlifters are fat you know.. :keke:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There will probably be guys harder then Johnnie doing that meet, not all powerlifters are fat you know.. :keke:
Oh, I really though so. :hhj:

Seriously, what I meant was that a guy with professional stage muscle mass has to stand out somehow.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you want to see a strong power lifter look into Donnie Thompson. He is a co-owner of my gym. Posted a 900lb bench

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
sad to hear that he didn't make it, wish him the best of luck on his next show of bb or powerlifting :xyxthumbs:

Johnnie opened the bench press competition with a first attempt of 465 lbs unaided by a bench shirt. His next two lifts were disqualified although he was clearly able to handle the heavy weight, including a 600 lb third attempt that was not allowed due to a slight dip in his right elbow toward the end of the lockout during which he strained his arm at the elbow.

Johnnie set a USPF World Record on his first attempt at deadlift with a pull of 345 kgs (760 lbs). His second deadlift attempt for 372.5 kg (821 lbs) was not allowed because he did not push his hips forward at the top of the lift. His third and final attempt at 345 kgs was abandoned in mid-lift by Johnnie after he pulled his left hamstring

http://www.muscletime.com/news/latest/johnnie-jackson-deadlift-and-bench-press-powerlifting/

amazing back :2:

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 290
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn. sad to hear he didnt make it. his traps are inzane in the pic! looking forward to see him on stage again.

tp_88

tp_88

Yeah, I thought he would do better, especially in the deadlift. He got a world record in that federation though!

I really hope his hamstring isn't seriously injured! He looks huge right now, hope he nails it at the Olympia. Top6 potential imo!

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL look at his traps!! Insane.

Hopefully he didn't hurt his ham very badly.