• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Boiled Eggs

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I eat about 4-5 boiled eggs every morning, usually only one of those is a whole egg and the rest are just the egg whites. I have been boiling a big batch then peeling them and all and then putting them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge.

My question is what do you guys do to preserve your eggs? What is the easiest way to do this. Is it ok to just boil them put them back in the crate and then peel them whenever your ready to eat them? I thought about trying that

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you were to eat them within like a 2-3 days i think it would be ok....i wouldnt eat a cooked egg after 3 days though. Maybe thats just me

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
yeh i wouldnt leave them for days. i find the easiest way is to boil them and when there done, run them under cold water to cool down a little, then start peeling them right away. i find that there easier to peel this way, rather than leaving them overnight. :tiphat:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeh i wouldnt leave them for days. i find the easiest way is to boil them and when there done, run them under cold water to cool down a little, then start peeling them right away. i find that there easier to peel this way, rather than leaving them overnight. :tiphat:

thats exactly what i do too, boil, put them in cold water, and peel immediately. great minds think alike:xyxthumbs:

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thats exactly what i do too, boil, put them in cold water, and peel immediately. great minds think alike:xyxthumbs:
X2! lol dude peel them and put them away, dont save for more than a few days.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah thats what I've been doing boiling them and then cold water and peel, I was just curious if there were any better ways of doing it or getting them to last longer. I guess I was already doing it the best way

J

Jem1986

leaving it for a few days will make it pretty flatulent and bad when eaten

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i eat about 12 boiled eggs a day.. why is there a need to preserve them? it takes 8 mins to boil them, drain the hot water, add ice chips and cold water to the eggs, only peel the ones you will eat at that time, fridge the rest or only boil what you eat in that day, if you eat them only once a day then boil them once a day.. easy solution lol

side note- if you really need to preserve them longer then a day, peel them and add salt then fridge.. ull be all set.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I eat about 4-5 boiled eggs every morning, usually only one of those is a whole egg and the rest are just the egg whites. I have been boiling a big batch then peeling them and all and then putting them in a zip-lock bag in the fridge.

My question is what do you guys do to preserve your eggs? What is the easiest way to do this. Is it ok to just boil them put them back in the crate and then peel them whenever your ready to eat them? I thought about trying that

That's fine.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can store hard boiled eggs in the shell for up to one week in the refrigerator- or you can store peeled hard-boiled eggs in a sealed container for a week as well in the refrigerator, but cover the peeled boiled eggs with some damp paper towels.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I love eggs and it's a regular fare to my diet . I eat it over easy for breakfast and sometimes hard boiled. Normally I would boil eggs to store for 30 minutes in water with a pinch of salt on medium to low heat. Then I let them cool and then I would take of the shell, slice it and put it into an airtight container with a pinch of salt and refrigerate it. Normally it lasts about 3 days.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Forgive me for asking a few silly questions. I know you have your own personal reasons, but I would only like to know. Why do you need to boil several eggs then store them if it only takes about 8-10 minutes to cook one? Wouldn't it be much safer to consume them minutes after they were boiled? Don't they lose its freshness over a long period of time?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are saving on the labor of boiling eggs that's why you boil many and store it in the fridge then I guess it is not worth it because the eggs may just be spoiled. If I were you, I will take time to keep the raw eggs in the fridge and boil the number of eggs that I will eat. Freshly boiled eggs can be considered fresh and healthier than the egg boiled yesterday.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, I know very well that it does not take long time to have any number of eggs boiled and ready for consumption once you are ready to eat them. With enough water in your pot or kettle which I prefer to use for boiling my own eggs, it would only take a few minutes at least a minimum of 3-5 minutes and the eggs will be done. So, in my opinion, there is no need to boil lots of eggs and be looking for a way to preserve them. It's a total waste of time.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
Boiled eggs are awesome. They give a lot of protein, especially if you consume during morning on an empty stomach before training.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I love to eat hard boiled eggs. I think its up to you to decide on how you are going to store them up. I suggest it would last long if you put it on the refrigerator. I remembered always having a viand of hard boiled eggs at school.

C

Concentrix

Food preservation is one of the oldest technologies used by human beings. It destroys enzymes that naturally found in food that cause spoilage or discolor. So, yes you can store it and put in the fridge to avoid spoiling the boiled eggs.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I suggest that you just boil enough eggs every morning .storing boiled eggs for some days is not a good idea at all.raw eggs last longer than boiled ones so ii suggest you just boil them every day its not a lot of work.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

That doesn't happen if you store them well in the fridge. They can stay there for a week without going bad. I love boiled eggs they are so yummy and very nutritious. But if you peel the boiled eggs they should be eaten the same day. If you, unfortunately, have no refrigerator, you cannot store them You are to consume them within two hours after you cooked them. Remember eggs cause salmonella so we should be really careful when consuming them. If the egg smells bad please do not consume it. Rather, throw it away. It is better to be safe than sick from food poisoning.