• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

weight gainer

warpig

warpig

I am on a quest to find a calorie packed carb packed weight gainer that doesnt taste like complete shit.. Ive tried Serious Mass and thought I was going to Vomit after one day. So far the best one Ive encountered has been Cytosport's Cytogainer (mint chip). I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weight gainers are a waste of money. You would be better off just eating food. Hell if you must have a shake (convenience) then blend your own mix of milk, whey/skim milk powder, fruit, creatine (only once a day), maybe some ice cream.

These end up cheaper, better balance of nutrition, better fibre (fruit), tastier, less fat, the list goes on and on.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Weight gainers are a waste of money. You would be better off just eating food. Hell if you must have a shake (convenience) then blend your own mix of milk, whey/skim milk powder, fruit, creatine (only once a day), maybe some ice cream.

These end up cheaper, better balance of nutrition, better fibre (fruit), tastier, less fat, the list goes on and on.

Food? to be honest i think it would cost more.
look at the prices of the meats in the deli aisle
i saw this small little steak for 11$ bucks at wal-mart
for petes sake.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^:disgust:
Who said that it had to be a big expensive cut of meat? Look at the ingredients in the shake, buy all the ingredients, it will do a month worth of shakes (at one a day) and works out cheap as anything. Besides food is far more important than some weight gainer. Food is real nutrition, provides real nutrients, provides real fibre; weight gainers are the cheapest crap they can find and stick in a container.

I've done the student thing and can safely say that food is not expensive; now beer on the other hand:linedrunk:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
I think weight gain shakes are a waste of money too.

All they did for me was make me fart and shit about 6 times per day which made me have a lil pile :keke:

I think the best thing is to just have a protein shake, and alongside that some complex cabohydrates from food, i.e. baked potatoes. thats what i do, and guess what....yep i only shit 2-3 times per day max! :tiphat:

KCharger9

KCharger9

Just mix whey and soy together with some milk. Then blend it with oatmeal. Sometimes it doesnt taste so good but its got everything. Also the abs diet shakes are good. They are by no means for mass gaining but all you have to do is up the amounts they recommend. Here are the recipes. I agree with tim and lance id rather have one of these then a weight gainer.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/artic...item=726f7eaa38aab010VgnVCM100000cfe793cd____

warpig

warpig

yah I guess I can get creative rather than spending the money, especially since I don't pay for groceries, Ill check out those recipies

L

lorri_01

when you need to get in about 4500 cals a day and work 10 hour shifts and go straight to the gym from work weight gainers are very handy, oh yeah bsn true mass is the best ive tasted (strawberrys best)

A

amtz

I tried MHP Up Your Mass and boy this babe worked!! Tastes great to:linedrunk: Cheaper compared to top notch brands! And had like 20 grams more of protein than leading whey shakes... Only downfall was that you get packed with some fat in other words you get big but not lean which look acuard in my opinion.

My two cents.

CHEERS!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Second that.

The best weight gainer you can get is chocolat milk

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im taking my weight gainer with Havoc only..
to help gain some size, then after, start eat normal food
i know a large piece of meat is expensive, or you dont need it
also space.. if i didn't have just a mini-fridge i would buy more food..

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

If you want to make a serious shake use 2 scoops some oatmeal and a banana and maybe some strawberries that will pack some cals into your shake:xyxthumbs:

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

PROLAB - N-LARGE II.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
when you need to get in about 4500 cals a day and work 10 hour shifts and go straight to the gym from work weight gainers are very handy, oh yeah bsn true mass is the best ive tasted (strawberrys best)
Let me get this straight: it is easier to not eat correctly because of how much you need to eat and how long you work so you recommend a poor dietry source to make up for this. :disgust:

Shit you've convinced me.:jerkoff1:

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Let me get this straight: it is easier to not eat correctly because of how much you need to eat and how long you work so you recommend a poor dietry source to make up for this. :disgust:

Shit you've convinced me.:jerkoff1:

Weight gainers CAN be useful, depending on how much, and when you use them. Of course nothing could replace solid foods, but not everybody has the luxury of eating clean six seven times a day. Point is, do what you got a do, and do what works for YOU.

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Weight gainers CAN be useful, depending on how much, and when you use them. Of course nothing could replace solid foods, but not everybody has the luxury of eating clean six seven times a day. Point is, do what you got a do, and do what works for YOU.

Agree 100% solid food is best:xyxthumbs:

L

lorri_01

i didnt mention any poor dietry source i mentioned a weight gainer bsn which is 55grams pro , 75 grams carbs , and that by any means is no poor dietry source, well maybe for you but not for me.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am on a quest to find a calorie packed carb packed weight gainer that doesnt taste like complete shit.. Ive tried Serious Mass and thought I was going to Vomit after one day. So far the best one Ive encountered has been Cytosport's Cytogainer (mint chip). I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

In addition to what Tim and philosopher have said;

Gainers, shakes, mixes all really should be used if you can't fit in whole food. Buy a shaker/mixer and buy grains that can be diced up. Make a shake that includes whey or casein (depending on span of time) with rolled oats, whole grain granola, mixed fruit (ones with higher fructose to glucose ratio), some nut butters like that of almond or peanuts and even some nuts depending on mixer options.

It's easier than it sounds. Set it up in the beginning of the day for when you know you'll be short of time then add water and press the button. You should have the ingredients in your diet anyway so this would be a bit more cost effective.

But if you're going to reach out to supplements instead of nutritional needs...look into ON Serious Mass. Jam packed with carbs, just probably 1/8 of it includes simple, quick insulin responsive sugars. So that's a con...more peaks and valleys with insulin the more resistant and more likeliness of fat gain to occur.

Hope this helped :tiphat:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i didnt mention any poor dietry source i mentioned a weight gainer bsn which is 55grams pro , 75 grams carbs , and that by any means is no poor dietry source, well maybe for you but not for me.
Just because a dietry source has complete protein and carbs doesn't make it a good dietry source.:disgust: