• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pre workout/Post workout Supps

D

da_punisher

Hi, i am going to restart training again after resting a bit cause i had a knee injury and i was looking to get some advice on what sort supplements to use for pre and post workout. I am looking to gain mass, since i;ve lost a lot of weight, but also to keep the flab off. thanks in advance for the help.

I already have the basics, whey, casein, multivitamin, multimineral but cant make a choice with the rest.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pre I would go for a protein shake and get some getorate during training. Post workout I would go for some whey with dextrose and maybe some creatine. Stick to te basics for a while, they are proved and can provide te help you need atm.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
x2

Plus look into joint support like glucosamine+chrondotin+fish oil for your knee.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im with philo, whey before training is a must, also i take 5 g of creatine malate preworkout. during training i try to get in bcaa's, and after is a banano or two and a protein shake with 5 g of creatine. the basic stuff, that works.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im with philo, whey before training is a must, also i take 5 g of creatine malate preworkout. during training i try to get in bcaa's, and after is a banano or two and a protein shake with 5 g of creatine. the basic stuff, that works.

Banana's are high in fructose, thus not an ideal source after post workout unless your refilling Liver glycogen. Grape juice, dextrose, maltodextrin are superior for spiking insulin/refilling muscle glycogen

although i do enjoy the occasional banana:carduforvip

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'll go with 1cup oatmeal 2 hours before workout and right after workout a nice protein shake + a gatorade :gaygay:

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

Pre I would go for a protein shake and get some getorate during training. Post workout I would go for some whey with dextrose and maybe some creatine. Stick to te basics for a while, they are proved and can provide te help you need atm.

Sounds like very solid advice to me:xyxthumbs: