• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Steroid testing in the Military

P

Painispleasure

My question is do they test for steroids in the military? Im going to Meps in a month and am wondering if they will test for that there? If they do Ill just save the test I have for after bootcamp.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would highly doubt that man. but i would try to get in touch with some guys who have actually been in the military recently and see what they say.

personally i would save the test until after bootcamp bro, your gonna lose weight in bootcamp and it will likely eat away any gains you made on the test. use it afterwards and hold onto most if not all of your gains i say. just my 2 cents though and if your really leary of them testing you i would just hold off until afterwards anyway.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Duality, and on top of what he said... do you really want to take the chance if they do test you?

P

Painispleasure

Right on guys yea thats what Im thinking Ill just save it for after bootcamp. Im just a little anxious to use it since its sitting 2 feet away from me.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right on guys yea thats what Im thinking Ill just save it for after bootcamp. Im just a little anxious to use it since its sitting 2 feet away from me.

I completely understand and would feel the same way :tiphat: Good luck with bootcamp bro :2:

P

Painispleasure

Thanks man Im gonna need it. Lots of cardio is really not my thing. I just adjusted my workout program to try and help me get ready. The goal being muscle endurance. Also I want to get up to 20+ pullups per set. Any suggestions on what I should be doing to benefit myself at bootcamp?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly, for the best example... look at Pain's recent Training log. He was getting ready for the Royal Marines and got in rediculous cardiovascular and endurance shape. Nothing is better than examples and that would be a good place to start IMO. :tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dude your gonna lose so much weight, what branch did you join??? there were days were i didnt eat morning chow other days i didnt eat evening chow save it for after your gonna need it trust me, but i dont even know if after your gonna be able to, cause you got more training, unless your reserve, let me know what exactly it is that your doing and what MOS you got

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
also on my PFT i got 27 pull ups, i was the company iron man, do pull ups everyday and while your in training they have bands in the squadbay where you step on and gives you a spot top pull more, also it depends what branch

P

Painispleasure

Well I wanted to join the Marines but my mom cried for days when I told her and pleaded with me not to join so after feeling guilty I decided on the Navy in hopes of becoming a seal, but I might have a pretty good job lined up and if that falls through Im going to just be a reservist. I have yet to talk to the job classifier I do that around the same time I go to meps. If I do go active and dont make it as an seal I want to get a job I can use on the civilian side

Good lookin Braqq on the link

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck the navy!!!! join the marines!!!! im a marine man and trust me you mom will be happy, it WILL make you a man, just get a admin job or something, i was a grunt, believe me there no time to juice up and take in meals, but if your an admin, after MCT and MOS school you will have alot of time off and time to take in meals and train

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Air force, or Navy is okay
My father was in the Navy reserve for 28years got up to Commander
Marines is serious shit bro, do what you feel is best, and what you have your heart set on.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Navy is badass, I have not heard very many complaints. You get to travel most of the time and no one comes close to your Navy, so your pretty damn safe as well. :xyxthumbs: Whatever you chose I wish you luck bro, the Marines are not too shabby either.. you will be the best of the best, can't beat that.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ill tell you what, no one has more pride in themselves than a marine, the brotherhood we share is like no other, we take great pride in calling ourselves marines, because it is a title we've earned, not given. once a marine always a marine. i remember talking with some dudes who went to bootcamp in the 60s and 70s and are stories are exactly the same, we been through the same things, all the stupid shit they made us do, ghost racks, scuz towels, sand pit, quater deck, bulk head and line, pt showers, etc. we can relate no one will ever know what we have gone through, stories i will carry on with me forever and 30 years from now talk to that generation marines and know what he has gone through, and what it took to be callled a marine.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
forgive my ignorance... but whats the difference between the Army and the Marines... Australia doesnt have marines.

sorry for hijacking the thread :keke:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i know the marines have far higher standards for their men. they are considered the military's elite. the army has lowered their physical standards over the years whereas the marines have done no such thing. there not on the same level of say navy seals, but they are the first group sent in in combat situations (i think) because they are best trained for the situation.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ the president doesnt need permission to send marines anywhere, where ever he wants marines to go get a job done he sends them, at the end of marine corps recruit training, theres this 3 day combat simulations, called the crucible, it has obstacles from the armys ranger school and navy seal program, IMO and others marine recon is the toughest thing you can do in the military, recon marines actually train navy seals, i was recon and that was no joke, the things we would do was outta this would, my body really took a beating.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
The Navy is badass, I have not heard very many complaints. You get to travel most of the time and no one comes close to your Navy, so your pretty damn safe as well. :xyxthumbs: Whatever you chose I wish you luck bro, the Marines are not too shabby either.. you will be the best of the best, can't beat that.

Australian soldiers are better trained and better phsyical specimens. Join the navy because if u join the marines you will be 2nd rate. :wutyousay:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck the navy!!!! join the marines!!!! im a marine man and trust me you mom will be happy, it WILL make you a man, just get a admin job or something, i was a grunt, believe me there no time to juice up and take in meals, but if your an admin, after MCT and MOS school you will have alot of time off and time to take in meals and train

excuse me? I'm in the NAVY dude you may want to show a bit more respect. I don't bash on you Marines or any other branch for that matter.