• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

IFBB Enforces Drug Policy!

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This sounds like it will wipe out many athletes:

IFBB Enforces Drug Policy!
Written by Dave Palumbo
Friday, 11 July 2008
The IFBB has always maintained that it has a random drug testing policy in place that all active athletes are subject to. Until now, it was always thought that this rule was just some phantom policy that was placed "on the Books" to look good for outside parties. All that changed today when I was contacted by an IFBB athlete in good standing who was sent a registered letter that informed this person that they were selected for a random drug test. As a result of this selection, they had 72 hours to report to a designated testing facility where they were required to submit a urine sample for analysis. The letter also explained that a failed drug test would result in suspension from the IFBB for a designated period of time. Furthermore, all test results, whether positive or negative, are being kept private; apparently to prevent embarrassment and/or loss of future potential income. Failure to provide urine samples within the designated 72-hour period is being considered a failed test.

Given the current political environment, it's nice to know that the IFBB is complying with its stated random drug testing policy; however, since the testing protocol and selection process is being kept anonymous, it's impossible to tell exactly how many athletes per year are being randomly chosen. Suffice it to say that as the political climate continues to heat up (with the Olympics right around the corner), more frequent testing of IFBB athletes could become the rule rather than the exception.

wowzerz

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, thats nuts. So lets all hope they are only testing/ looking for primobolin :49:

Kanav

Kanav

doubt anything is actually going to change

P

power

Testing for what drug, not steriods i hope.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that is crazy.....i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what...the...fuck...

Konan

Konan

This is ridicilous. If things are actually going to change, the changes will be enormous.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds more like they are going to kick out guys/girls they don't like. Either that or they are all talk.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Come on guys....There is no way anyone in the IFBB is actually going to get suspended for the use of anabolic steroids. Lets wait and see what happens but any sort of steroid related suspension just isnt going to happen.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

might aswell cancel the olympia this year.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
id actually like to see all the competitors rock up drug free...... it would indeed be a sight to behold hahahaha

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
they have pulled stunts like this in the past. they tested for diuretics in the past and it fell under the category of "drug testing". jay cutler failed one and his placing was dismissed and he threatened the IFBB with a lawsuit, and they recanted. there is absolutely no way they will actually enforce a full blown steroid testing policy, it would destroy the sport completely.

Most Muscular

Most Muscular

nothing will happen, drugs are bodybuilding everyone knows it. nothing to worry about

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Testing for what drug, not steriods i hope.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who realized they never said what drugs were covered under this testing policy.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah this will never happen. I bet this is just something for the public or for the governments to see so they dont suspect steroids. Its just something there doing or "saying" so people think the testing is goign on.