• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Why Favre will be in the SuperBowl next Year...

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My theory:

He's gonna sign with teh Vikings!

Why? - He knows they'll never let him be traded there. (Why he wants unconditional contract release.)

AND MINNESOTA HAS ONE OF THE TOP FIVE OFFENSIVE LINES, THE BEST DEFENSIVE LINE, AND A HELLUVA GOOD DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD. (NOT TO MENTION CHESTER TAYLOR AND ADRIAN PETERSON AT RUNNING BACK.)

With Favre, they have the potential to do some major damage......

:carduindisguise

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:2:

without him we still winning the SB :imcoolurnot:

(vikings my squad)

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Na, the Vikings O-Line is indeed good, but there are much better ones, including Green Bay. Favre just wants to be released so he can go wherever he wants and not at the mercy of a trade.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
pack o-line is not as good as vikings. vikes have a top3 o-line in the league at worst

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I'd love to see Favre there, although Packer's fans are gonna be really pissed. I used to live in WI, about an hour east of Duluth, and damn....

Packers fans Vs Viking fans = not a pretty sight.

WI will be pissed, Minnesotans will be rubbbing that in their faces, if it happens.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
just like we picked up sharper :hsughr:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
.... because he is going to buy a ticket? :e5cdunno:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
News on yahoo said that they wont release him. Most likely keep him and then trade him for someone. Personally everyday im losing more respect for Brett Favre. He needs to quit jerking the packers around and the fans and make up his mind.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It would definitely be hilarious if he came to the bears, although that would never happen, i guess we are just gonna have to suffer through another season with douche bag grossman sucking at QB

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can tell you this.....Favre won't play for the Packers anymore. It's obvious they have moved on.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and what teams are willing to bring him aboard.

Freak:xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
mgballa4life

mgballa4life

if the vikings were to get Favre whether its through a release or a trade, that team will do some serious damage. Having Favre will automatically make the receivers better as well

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really dont understand the Packers thought process in any of this. You have a Hall of Fame Quarterback who has won you superbowls coming off of one of his most productive seasons ever who wants to come back and you simply say your moving on. Thats one of the dumbest things you can do in management. I'm really not sure how, but I'm sure in some way this is going to come back to haunt the Packers.

The Packers arent going to release him. They will trade him if anything. They gave him the option of coming back but as a second string QB. I really dont understand how you can disrespect your HOF Qb the way they are. I'm not saying you should do anything that a player says he wants. But for all that he has done for that organization suiting up hurt countless games, I think they owe it to him.

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

I really dont understand the Packers thought process in any of this. You have a Hall of Fame Quarterback who has won you superbowls coming off of one of his most productive seasons ever who wants to come back and you simply say your moving on. Thats one of the dumbest things you can do in management. I'm really not sure how, but I'm sure in some way this is going to come back to haunt the Packers.

The Packers arent going to release him. They will trade him if anything. They gave him the option of coming back but as a second string QB. I really dont understand how you can disrespect your HOF Qb the way they are. I'm not saying you should do anything that a player says he wants. But for all that he has done for that organization suiting up hurt countless games, I think they owe it to him.

The Packers made sure that Favre was totally done and definitely retiring before they began to train there second string QB. Then out of nowhere Favre decides he wants to come back even after telling th team he was done with the game. By then the team had the gears turning and they were looking to the future with there new QB. Theyre looking for a long run with Flynn, Brohm and Rodgers competing for the starting role. I dont think they want a one year run from Favre (though it would be great, dont get me wrong) and he calls it quits again.

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Packers made sure that Favre was totally done and definitely retiring before they began to train there second string QB. Then out of nowhere Favre decides he wants to come back even after telling th team he was done with the game. By then the team had the gears turning and they were looking to the future with there new QB. Theyre looking for a long run with Flynn, Brohm and Rodgers competing for the starting role. I dont think they want a one year run from Favre (though it would be great, dont get me wrong) and he calls it quits again.

I completely understand that. But seriously think about this that makes no damn sense at all. Brett is by far a better QB than Rodgers who they believe will start. Brett has even came out to say that he tried contacting the Packers about playing again before this. You have no idea what the hell your going to get out fo Rodgers. Your argument with them training Rodgers has no backbone. Every team trains there QB's hard and they could train him just as well with another year to learn under Brett.

I bet you if you could ask the coaching staff what they'd rather have since their jobs are determined on wins and winning now, they'd much rather have Brett. Look at what he did for them last year when they finally got some players to play around him.

Brett is easily one of if not the Best QB in Packer history. I could understand if the guy was a dip shit who had done the organization wrong or been in constant trouble, but thats not what you have here. You have a QB who went out and played numerous games injured, when other Qb's wouldnt have. You have a guy who put rings on your fingers and you tell him he has to ride the bench for someone you have no idea what the hell hes going to do. Thats possibly one of the dumbest things you can do and I'm sure a lot of Packer fans are upset witht he organization.

mgballa4life

mgballa4life

^^ very true and i see ur point in the matter. My only question is if they do in fact allow Favre to come back to the pack, how long is he planning on playing? Does he want to stay for a couple of years or just one? If he is only looking to come back for one year then I would take him back onto the team but i wouldn't make him a full time starter, i would alternate the second string QB in (maybe a few plays each game) so he can get some experience.

As for my argument regarding Rodgers: it wasnt intended to come off that way, i didnt know that they were planning on making Rodgers the starter in all honesty

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like favre is now talking with tampa bay as well as the jets, should be interesting

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really dont understand how you can disrespect your HOF Qb the way they are.

Because he is disrespecting them. He keeps jerking them around year after year and there sick of it. Frankly im sick of this too. They did the right thing there teaching Favre a lesson that no matter who you are you cant do this to people expecially the owners who have supplied him with a tremendous amount of money over the years. This is ridiculous for Favre to do. He said he was done and they moved on and started building there team around Aaron Rodgers. Now all of a sudden he wants to come back its ridiculous and very disrespectful to the team. Personally im glad there doing this. This is a good wake up call to Brett that he needs to stop being such a jerkoff :jerkoff1: If he wanted to play which I know he did all along he should have stayed instead of trying to show the world that he is Brett Favre and he can do whatever he wants to do. As of right now I have zero respect for Brett Favre and im glad. If anyone else were to do this at their job year after year they wouldnt be accepted back (even if there the CEO) Brett Favre said he was done he was retired and cried all over TV how done he was and the Packers called his Bluff

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just my opinion, but

Brett Favre = old man who needs to stay in retirement.
Sure he's a Hall Of Famer and multi-M.V.P. award winner, but he's the alpha male that's passed his prime and he needs to step aside and let the young bucks step up.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looks like he will probably be going to the the bucs, i cant see him going to the jets with their situation. since they didnt release him vikes are out of it, they wont trade their best player ever to a rival :tear:

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because he is disrespecting them. He keeps jerking them around year after year and there sick of it. Frankly im sick of this too. They did the right thing there teaching Favre a lesson that no matter who you are you cant do this to people expecially the owners who have supplied him with a tremendous amount of money over the years. This is ridiculous for Favre to do. He said he was done and they moved on and started building there team around Aaron Rodgers. Now all of a sudden he wants to come back its ridiculous and very disrespectful to the team. Personally im glad there doing this. This is a good wake up call to Brett that he needs to stop being such a jerkoff :jerkoff1: If he wanted to play which I know he did all along he should have stayed instead of trying to show the world that he is Brett Favre and he can do whatever he wants to do. As of right now I have zero respect for Brett Favre and im glad. If anyone else were to do this at their job year after year they wouldnt be accepted back (even if there the CEO) Brett Favre said he was done he was retired and cried all over TV how done he was and the Packers called his Bluff

Not to be a dick here but your a little off on your observations. Brett took pay cutts to stay in Green Bay. The dude suited up plenty of times that no other QB in the league would have. He could of been like every other tom dick in the league and sold out to free agency for even more cash. He simply was getting frustrated in previous years that they needed more players around him and can you really blame him. I mean damn sam gatto was there starting running back, that dude didn't even start at a D-Iaa college.

Yeah so the guy got emotional in the midst of retirement after a stunning lost and in the midst of the organization not going after Randy Moss. So what, I think you would cry too if you thought that you were done with something that you loved so much and had done your whole life.

Brett has said that he is going to show up at training camp. I honestly believe that nothing will happen and he will still be a packer. The organization can bitch about him all they want. If you've seen the interviews with the players, they say what they have to say and then they throw in, I would love to have a hof throwing me the ball. I'm sure the coaches would love to have him back too.

None the less it will be interesting to see whats going to happen.