• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Where has Dexter's Waist Gone?

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After seeing the most recent pics of Dex, I was compelled to find some older pics of him, and compare waist size. I seem to remember his tiny waist being one of his trademarks.....

Can anyone find any better pics for comparison? This was the best I could do.

Also, any thoughts on to what the hell happened? Or do you think it's no big deal?

Attachments

• Dexter_Jackson_226.jpg
    Dexter_Jackson_226.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 199
  • dexter.JPG
    dexter.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 205
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His waist does look a little large. Possibly gained a little size but dont really feel like its a big deal.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HGH tends to do that to you...

tp_88

tp_88

Why compare off-season to competition-shape? It has probably grown, but so has every bodypart of his. I think he looks amazing.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He must control it, otherwise....

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ya you really can't compare an offseason or even guestposing pic to a contest one and expect it to be a fair comparison. however i do think his waist has become slightly larger, but still he fits together very well and it is not an issue at the moment. i think he's like 40 isn't he? considering he probably will only compete for a couple more years and is near retirement he has managed to keep his waistline down pretty well. look at some of the other guys over the years, ronnie, jay, gustavo, dennis james, it's just a natural progression for a pro's waist to enlare slighltly over the years. GH no doubt plays a large part in this.

B

benmoneyog

if he keeps his trademark waist in the offseason and diets down everyone just says same old dexter but if it goes up in the offseason everyone is like what happened to his waste sounds like a lose lose situation all i kno is that a three time arnold classic winner must have some idea on what he needs to do in order to improve

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well you cant exactly expect ones waist to remain the exact same size considering the things that go on in our sport not to mention comparing offseason against contest time. Still tight non the less.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
His waist is fine. Everyone gets bloated in the offseason. I am sure his shoulder to waist ratio will still be great as ever come contest day.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:weaksuace: nothing wrong with his waist, come olympia time dex will look better than ever.
as for his waist growing, what do you expect the man has grown everywhere else aswell

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
HammerZC

HammerZC

off season photo, so don't worry

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's happened to Yates, Coleman, Cutler, and just about every other damn bodybuilding I like. Dex's gets bigger every year.

:dunnodude:

No one's bothered by this? Huge but with a wide-ass waist?
(Come on folks, I'm trying to start a debate here :)

Personally, I'd like to see bodybuilders keep it in check, ala Wolf. And you honestly can't say that Dex hasn't got a ninja turtle mid-section now....

Compare these non-offseason pics:

Attachments

• Dexter_Jackson_226.jpg
    Dexter_Jackson_226.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 119
  • dexwider.JPG
    dexwider.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 93
  • dexninja.jpg
    dexninja.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 95
HammerZC

HammerZC

It's happened to Yates, Coleman, Cutler, and just about every other damn bodybuilding I like. Dex's gets bigger every year.

Personally, I'd like to see bodybuilders keep it in check, ala Wolf. And you honestly can't say that Dex hasn't got a ninja turtle mid-section now....

If my calculations are correct, it will happen to Wolf soon also.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If my calculations are correct, it will happen to Wolf soon also.

That's what I'm afraid of.........

:(

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's definitely no big deal. There are many many other guys out there who's waist size is of more concern.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How can it not be a big deal?

I've been waiting to bring this up for a looooong time, and those recent pics just drove it home.

Dex, the supposed Sultan of Symmetry, has a big ass waist. Sooner or later, it seems like everyone does. My bet is that if Dex started out with a slightly bigger waist, like perhaps Cutler, or with smaller arms, like Kamali, his mid-section flaws wouldn't be forgiven so easily.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Guys... how DO you keep a waist in check ? You cannot, unless you can stop your internal organs from growing thanks to the growth hormone... which is impossible.

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Didnt notice those pics. Even though there different poses his stomach size has grown substantially.

Konan

Konan

You can tell that Mr.Olympia weekend is closer day by day. Ah, the speculation!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dex's waist definitely has grown. Over the past few years I've noticed his stomach sticking out slightly more, particularly when he's standing relaxed. I don't think it'll be "bad" come contest day, but it seems to be the case with nearly all top level pros- go for size and the stomach goes too. Examples: Coleman, Cutler, James, Victor, Gustavo, Warren, Kai, Rockel, and numerous others.

Wolf had slight distention last year, and I think it will be slightly worse this year. His waist is still narrow and he has crazy shoulder and lat width, but I hope he doesn't take the size game too far.