• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Need some Creatine advice.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So, I've been reading up on Creatine and it seems really promising. I haven't heard of much side effects except cramping but those can also be resulted by not consuming enough water. However, I'm still unsure if I'm ready for creatine. I'm 17, but not fairly new to lifting. I was wondering if anyone here takes creatine, and if so, please give me some tips and tricks into using creatine, like when did you take it to find the best results and what did you take it with? Some creatine products now a days are made with a dextrose so some products won't have you worrying about taking it with grape juice or what ever. Here's a link on how to cycle creatine. http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/creatine/loading-creatine-use.htm Can someone please verify it? Also, if you'd like to add some helpful information about Creatine it self and how to take it properly, you are welcomed, I want to be fully understanding of creatine before I take it. Even if it takes a few months...thanks!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Creatine is 100% safe and fine, it's pretty well a supplement that there is no reason not to take it. I think Arcane got a sweet deal of creatine online, run it by him and see if he'd sell you some or something.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/mag.html

I think this is the best kind of creatine, creatine chelate. With creatine, monohydrate will cause bloat and water retention, ethyl ester wont cause as much bloat or water retention but the ester group could lead to stomach discomfort, and finally, the chelate has the benefits of the ethyl ester but without the discomfort of the ester group. As far as cycling goes, I am not sure there is a whole lot of merit to it. Creatine should always be taken with a simple sugar, post workout. Once you have loaded creatine in your system, I think anything over 5 grams is a waste. Hope this helps!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/torr.html

The torrent by Universal is also a great product. It is a blend of all three of the creatines and it is a pretty solid post workout attack in and of itself. It contains your simple sugars so there is no need to mix in your own to help drive that creatine into the cell. It also has somewhat ample protein.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

for me the best creatine product has been EAS Phosphagen HP
it's a creatine monohydrate with dextrose
also I wouldn't worry about cycling as you really don't need to because there are no consistent benefits to it
as far as timing when taking it I had best results when taking it both before and after my workouts just with water since the creatine already had dextrose in it
by the way I am also 17 so I know what youa re thinking about when deciding whether or not you should take creatine
it's safe for teens to use and will give you good results

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is what I've learned so far.

Loading Phase:

2-4 Servings a day, no more than 5 g per serving, with it, take about a half-liter of water and this should last between 5-7 days. Base it off of present bodyweight and intensity of exercising. (Between 12-16grams)

Maintenance:

2-3 servings a day, no more than 5 g per serving, half-liter of water with each one. And that's it, I don't know how much a day I should take it.

I currently weigh 165 lbs. Can someone please help me in determining by amount for the maintenance phase.

Also, when did you feel was the best time to take it and for what phase? And is it really needed to take a break after the maintenance phase?

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also a few more questions? I've been reading up, and literally almost every article is contradicting the other. One says to take creatine after a workout, the other says before. So I'm going to ask Mecca, when during the loading phase, when are you supposed to take it? I did the calculations already and I'm going to take 17 g a day, for maintenance I'll be taking in 8 g a day. Any tips for when I should take it, how I should take it, and what I should take it with? Also, how much water should I take while taking in the creatine at times and how much I should drink in a day both on and off days?! Tips?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Loading phase is mostly myth to sell more creatine.

5g a day taken as Creator said with simple sugar.

If you want to phase your use take it PWO only, loading cycles are worthless.

I haven't read anything contradictory in the science only in supplement company propaganda.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, thanks a bunch guys! I've gotten everything answered except the amount of water a day I should drink and how much I should drink when I take a shot of creatine?

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm with tim on the loading phase. I remember a lot of companies in the past two years or so had sales drop so they then came out and said their creatine didn't need a "loading phase" just to try to get more sales. Yet it was still the exact same product lol. Just get some cheap creatine mono and drink it with some sort of juice or gatorade.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aim for a gallon of water a day. That combined with the fluids you get through other things you consume should suffice. Take your creatine immediately following training sessions.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
U

Unregistered

Banned
Recently it's found that creatine aggravates asthma, but other than that, it's perfectly safe.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey bro, seriously... just take 5g after your workout, and drink a bit more water throughout the day. It's as simple as that.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I Went to GNC today, and this chick wanted me to buy the 40 dollar caps. I kept on asking her about other brands, but she kept on going back to the 189 Creatine, and I was like, "Lady, I'm taking about this kind, not that.." Anyways, there were two kinds I'm debating on, the creatine burst, or just regular. They both have monohydrate, except, the burst one has 38 carbs but they're not from sugars, almost like complex carbs, so what should I do, get the one with the carbs or the one without? My PWO meal looks like this now, whey protein with milk and a banana then about 45 minutes later a shit load of complex carbs. Any ideas? Both are relatively good in the price range. The burst one is 15.99 with over 1300 grams, the other is 22.99 with 1000 grams (the regular mono one..) So which one, the one without or with carbs?!

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dont go to GNC they are a rip off unless its something that they are really trying to get rid of and its drastically on sale. Buy it off the internet you can get 1000 grams or so of creatine mono very cheap that way.

You could also look at the vitamin shoppe, the prices are as cheap as the net but the store is def cheaper than gnc.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Alright, thanks!

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

yeah and I would try EAS PHosphagen HP which I know that they have at vitamine shoppe. real inexpensive and works well
never go to gnc if u have any option...the prices are jacked up really high there
also I would get powder if drinking powders doesnt bother you, with caps your body has to digest the cap as well which slows down how fast your body absorbs the creatine

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Is creatine serum any good guys?

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I havent read anything that has stated that creatine serum is as good as regular creatine mono, for that reason alone I've just staid away from it. The other reason is that creatine mono is much cheaper. That is one of those products that I question whether or not its legit. Kind of like those jello protein shooters. I've seen a few articles that have argued that the serum isn't digested as well. The cheapest and best bet is just regular creatine mono with some juice or gatorade. Hell do that and your making cell tech yourself lol.