• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ronnie Coleman is suing Gold's Gym

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
(yes, I was browsing TMZ)

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/28/mr-olympia-rages-at-golds-gym/

Ronnie Coleman, who has been crowned Mr. Olympia (do they crown them??) eight times, is suing Gold's Gym for allegedly using his muscles to lure in members.

In a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Coleman claims Gold's used a photo of him to advertise Gold's ... a photo that was plastered on posters.

Coleman is suing for misappropriation of image, invasion of privacy and unjust enrichment. He's seeking unspecified damages and an injunction putting the kibosh on the poster.

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow thats surprising and on a side note fuck everyone who posted all that bullshit about Big Ron at the bottom of the page. I hate people like that. Nice find Tech.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:no: I have nothing good to say about this.... I am surprised he would do that. He must be hurting for money?

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:no: I have nothing good to say about this.... I am surprised he would do that. He must be hurting for money?

word, I hate when people start suing people for shit like this.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
^^ imagine if some shitty company started using your picture in their advertisements...without paying you.

Ronnie has a right to decide how his image is used.

Pain had to get permission to use Phil Heath's picture as our logo. Thats how it works.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ imagine if some shitty company started using your picture in their advertisements...without paying you.

Pain had to get permission to use Phil Heath's picture as our logo. Thats how it works.

I understand that, but he has to have known that they have used his picture in their gym. They have pics of every Mr O up there at most Gold's and I know he has trained at them before. So suddenly he wants financial compensation? I think there is more to the story than meets the eye.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I understand that, but he has to have known that they have used his picture in their gym. They have pics of every Mr O up there at most Gold's and I know he has trained at them before. So suddenly he wants financial compensation? I think there is more to the story than meets the eye.

i think advertising and having a wall of fame at a gym is a bit different.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is... I would be interested in seeing these posters.

wtf is a kibosh??? im thinking they probably took like personal pictures of him without him knowing or authorizing it and put them up.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

well said tech :tiphat:

Teiki

Teiki

Exactly.

Ronnie has the right to decide where his pictures are being shown, I don't see how anyone could argue with that...

T

WaveRider

WaveRider

True 8 sandows in a row and now he's pissed. Bit hard to miss your photo at Golds for that long. :wutyousay:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whilst I agree to an extent that Ron has the right to have his image used inb a way most appropriate suing seems a little extreme. He could have made his feelings known and got it removed or come to a financial agreement without resorting to that.

Still it's America where people sue McDonalds for making them fat so nothing surprises me in this litigation crazy capital.

Where there's a blame there's a claim.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I'm with you on this.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im with rocky and braaq on this. seem kinda far fetched to me.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Jay Cutler just got finished suing a supplement company for using his image without his permission.

It's not a hard concept to understand. If you want to use a celebrity/athlete in your advertisement, you have to get permission and pay them.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My initial thought was it was a bit over the top, but theese guys practically live of advertisement/displaying themselves to the public - and with that in mind I definitely think it is understandable.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You guys must not be very business oriented. If you make YOUR LIVING off of your body and your name then why would you not want to get paid for it? Specially Golds now. Its not like its Gold's in the 70's where you know the owner, its a big ass sell out company now. I would sue them too, this is how he pays his bills. How would he be able to retire if he gives his services for free? (images, guest posing, etc.) Its like asking you to do your job for free.