• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

CONCENTRATE VS. ISOLATE

L

LSIA4549DB/RS

Which is more beneficial? Are there any major differences which will hinder my gains choosing one over the other?

I ordered a bottle of BSN - SYNTHA-6 and it seems the main ingredient is WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE. I'm planning on drinking the shakes post-workout and before bed. I've gone through a tub of L-GEAR SCIENCES - LIPOTROPIC PROTEIN which is primarily GEMMA PROTEIN ISOLATE. I usually don't complain about taste but the aftertaste of this protein was just horrible, just makes my stomach turn thinking about it.

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there both good, but the isolate is little better because it absorb faster. i would say drink the isolate after workout and take the SYNTHA-6 before bed. good luck bro :xyxthumbs:

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whey protein is in a way whey concentrate just a little more pure. It goes whey-whey concentrate-whey isolate. Each stage being purer. There really is no difference you have to worry about. Isolate is just protein isolated from any unpurities.

Workingatit46

Workingatit46

there both good, but the isolate is little better because it absorb faster. i would say drink the isolate after workout and take the SYNTHA-6 before bed. good luck bro :xyxthumbs:

I would also say that is the best way to go:xyxthumbs:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bump,

I would like to hear more thoughts of the differences between Isolate and Concentrate whey protein powder
terms of absorbing times and etc

with the price range for whey in australia isn't cheap, Isolate can be an extra $10 - $30 more then concentrate whey powder

here for example

Whey Concentrate, 5kg bag plain flavour : $95
Whey Isolate, 5kg bag Plain flavour: $140

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Wtf.... that is way too expensive man.

5 kg of "Nitro Tech" yea roughly 10 lbs. is $70 TOPS! I can get it 55 definately.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Will Brink wrote an interesting article that I posted in the articles section (I think) that covered the differences between conc and isolate.

For the money I prefer a blend of the two. If you read up on whey, concentrate has a lot of good things in it that are removed in the isolate. But concentrate comes in much lower on the % of protein per serve (and sometimes per $). So if you are on a budget conc can be fine but won't be over 75% protein. A blend will take this up to 80% and be usually the best of both worlds.

There are also some of those raw powders that you can buy direct from the Aust and NZ manufacturers (before they head overseas for finishing touches). Dcuts doesn't think these are as good (no enzymes, no flavour, don't mix as well, if at all, aren't fortified in any way, etc) but they are much cheaper.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Will Brink wrote an interesting article that I posted in the articles section (I think) that covered the differences between conc and isolate.

For the money I prefer a blend of the two. If you read up on whey, concentrate has a lot of good things in it that are removed in the isolate. But concentrate comes in much lower on the % of protein per serve (and sometimes per $). So if you are on a budget conc can be fine but won't be over 75% protein. A blend will take this up to 80% and be usually the best of both worlds.

There are also some of those raw powders that you can buy direct from the Aust and NZ manufacturers (before they head overseas for finishing touches). Dcuts doesn't think these are as good (no enzymes, no flavour, don't mix as well, if at all, aren't fortified in any way, etc) but they are much cheaper.

I'll be checking out that artical about it, thanks Tim
the only reason i was leaning towards whey concentrate was because its cheaper,
this is what i was going to buy
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140304754866

or

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220366420804

But if you could recommend me a protein that is like though two above, i'd be greatful.

^^ Wtf.... that is way too expensive man.

5 kg of "Nitro Tech" yea roughly 10 lbs. is $70 TOPS! I can get it 55 definately.

Welcome to Australia,
where supplement prices retail twice as much in the USA :rofl3:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Those are from the company that on-sells the pure stuff.

Myopure is another site to check.

MetalMX

MetalMX

I used isolate because theirs no lactose.

Also the hydrolysed proteins are excellent, with enzymes, lactoperoxidase, immunoglobulins etc... IMO more bioavailable.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I decided not to order their stuff because you still have to add flavour and it doesn't mix as well. I like it a bit easier.

But having said that they are meant to be a pretty decent company and they don't sell junk. So if you're trying to save $$ that's the way to go.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I decided not to order their stuff because you still have to add flavour and it doesn't mix as well. I like it a bit easier.

But having said that they are meant to be a pretty decent company and they don't sell junk. So if you're trying to save $$ that's the way to go.

i was going to add chocolate flavoured sustagen or buy a chocolate flavour powder which are sold on proteindirect or ebay